Dumbest thing you've gone to war over

Xoon

Warlord
I'm in a donnybrook with Pachacuti because he placed a city in an idiotic location (without taking advantage of very choice land) and I wanted it gone before it got too big to fight.

I've also been known on occasion to just up and fight someone who kicked my butt in a previous game just out of spite.

This isn't quite as dumb, but I'll start a war prematurely with Hiawatha when I see his settlers roving the landscape unguarded.

I'm at war with that miserable horse-f*cker because she keeps spamming Great Prophets and Missionaries at me.

I wish there was a way to tell the AI to knock it off like they can to us.

I wish there was a way to tell the AI to knock it off like they can to us.

You can, but if they're not friendly towards you, they'll most likely tell you to suck it.

Personally, I like to declare on Casimir for just existing. Hands down my favorite leader to destroy, the moody backstabbing bastard. He makes Alexander look like a sweet old lady.

You can, but if they're not friendly towards you, they'll most likely tell you to suck it.

Personally, I like to declare on Casimir for just existing. Hands down my favorite leader to destroy, the moody backstabbing bastard. He makes Alexander look like a sweet old lady.

How can you tell the AI to stop converting your cities?

Once I was Aztec, farming a barb camp and some guy came over and killed the barb camp. I declared war on him and said since I can't farm barbs anymore I farm you.

He wasn't too happy. There was much rage in chat until his demise.

Whenever I see Gandhi in my game I usually plan to conquer him. I just cannot stand that guy.

Losing the race to found a religion really really irks me. Usually the person to beat me to that last slot gets an immediate DOW and an invasion

If I am playing tall and get an extremely solid economy I tend to bulk up on the military side to discourage people attacking me. If I look at demographics and I have the most soldiers or am sitting somewhere in the upper half and my neighbor is rock bottom...well I cannot apologize for the genocide that may happen...

When the computer plants a city right on my borders then tells me that the troops near their borders (the ones in my territory) are worrisome. I cannot justify promising not to attack as it’s likely that I will break that promise. So I guess that means we are going to war...

When I meet someone right after accidently spilling my coffee/wine (depending on the time of day) I usually take it out on them

If your name is Shaka

That was my ruin you ffff-war!

I had an archers in a jungle hill shooting barbs in a camp 2 spaces away early game as Theodora. Right as I finish the 500+ year siege and attempt to finish the city-state quest (which happened sometime between the start and end of the attack.) Polynesia takes the camp and quest.

I brought my archers to my lands, upgraded them to crossbowmen and decided "Screw cultural victories! For this the world must burn!" and genocide everyone.

Because you got a battering ram from ruins and Korea has no units at his city.

When their city expands to that one tile that contains Mt. Fuji before mine does, of course. YOU DON'T DO THAT.

I've gone to war over missionaries. An ai sent 12+ missionaries to my lands so I used scouts to capture all the missionaries when they landed in my roads. I then sent all the missionaries to other civilizations' land and put them to sleep there. Eventually, they got destroyed by attrition.

They made fun of me and I was itching to press the big red button.

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

How can you tell the AI to stop converting your cities?

Well you can surround your capital with units so their missionaries and prophets can't come near. Go preach your crap elsewhere you're not wanted here

I once went to war to "test my nuclear weapons" as I hadn't seen the animation yet and was a few turns away from science victory anyway.

Nonsense. All my reasons are completely justified.

Stop bothering me about embassies.

You can't ask for embassy when you're DEAD!

Diplomatic faux pas, forward settling, being the A.I.

Those are my top 3 reasons for going to war.

Top Bottom