Duplicate Leaders/civs

Allow duplicate civs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
open for 4 days.

Is this supposed to be a poll?

I'd probably say it's ok to allow duplicates.

Is this supposed to be a poll?

I'd probably say it's ok to allow duplicates.

Yes, but it posts the thread and then takes you to the poll creation :mad: So you see the thread before the poll is made. It's stupid though.

You will have be first (F5 spamming) to get the faction/leader you want. Not very fair.

You will have be first (F5 spamming) to get the faction/leader you want. Not very fair.

What is meant by this?

What is meant by this?
Sorry for my poor english. What I mean is: When two teams want to same leader/civ the team that is faster gets the leader/civ only because they where faster. So I voted YES.

Sorry for my poor english. What I mean is: When two teams want to same leader/civ the team that is faster gets the leader/civ only because they where faster. So I voted YES.

No worries about the English. My Dutch is far worse than your English.

In the situation where there might be one leader voted on as first choice by multiple teams, I'm pretty sure it wouldn't be a matter of who is faster. If we don't allow duplicate civs, there would be some other criteria for which team got it other than who voted first.

I voted yes for duplicate leaders, but just wanted to point out that if we choose no, I don't think we'll have the issue suggested here about racing to get the leader you want.

I am against cloning ;)

No serious, the only reason is that it feels wrong for me to have the same person or country twice on one world.

Just a matter of feeling. No hard facts.

Okay, I just seemed like you didn't have a reason for saying that ;). Or at least that's how I read it.

Okay, I just seemed like you didn't have a reason for saying that ;). Or at least that's how I read it.

I think Calis is saying that it's an aesthetic preference.

I vote no as well, i think variety is the spice of Civ. I wouldn't want two teams being the same civ think they need to be allies.

i vote no. i just dont like the idea of two of the same civs

I don't like the idea either, but I don't want peopel arguing over which team gets which civ.

I vote no.

It'd be weird if Washington declares war on Roosevelt, if not for the reason that Washington died 60 years before Roosevelt was born, then because they're kinda both American.

No I'm just kidding, that's not why. I just don't like having two Chinese civs right next to each other on the map. It would get confusing and sloppy. Also it doesn't seem very practical to have two of the teams be the same civ/leader when there are six teams and 26 civs / 42 leaders to choose from. Can you imagine how annoying it would be to play with THREE of the teams be the same civ? EDIT: I know it's unlikely, but even two would get annoying after 2000 BC.

Top Bottom