• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dutch preview with some new screenshots (Tweakers, August 19)

Theon

Chieftain
I thought I'd pass this on to you guys.
No groundbreaking new information so far(still reading it), though the screenshots are fresh. And it unveils Greece's introduction when you start the game.

It basically talks about the new additions to the game, hexes and 1upt combat(holding adjacent hexes provides a combat bonus).
Furthermore it tells us what we already know about ranged combat units like archers and cannons, and it goes on to explain the relations between normal civilizations and the new city-states. Afterwards it explains the difference between conquering a foreign city and making it a puppet, and it briefly says something about the varying degrees of unhappiness these options cause in your empire.
Finally the preview sums up the victory conditions and remarks about the absence of religion and espionage, and then the screenshots are available for viewing.

New tidbits I've seen from the screenshots so far:

-Greece's introduction text.
-Unit production list
-Different map overlay options
-Desert hills are indeed sand dunes
-Oliarchy: 33% combat strength for military units inside your empire's borders.
-Mediterranean city graphics continue into the renaissance era and have a unique texture in the industrial era.
-Fort model is updated upon entering a new era.
-Citadel details! 100% combat strength for occupying unit. Any enemy unit that ends its turn next to the citadel takes 3 damage.
-Spotted a red fist and red chains icon under conquered cities in the last screenshot.

a couple of new things like the exact bonuses for a citadel and what oligarchy does

Could someone translate?

Citadel:

- Great General can build it

- 100% def bonus to the unit stationed in it

- AND: enemy unit that ends its turn next to the citadel takes 3 damage!
(EDIT: 10 is the max of a unit at full, right?)

p.s.
I hope that Fort also have sg. like this "damaging"

AND: enemy unit that ends its turn next to the citadel takes 3 damage!

That's surely a GP building! Doubt fort has anything like that.

Go to google, select language tools, put in the URL, and select dutch to english, or use this link

Thanks, but I know how to use Google Translate. I just found it's translations quite terrible.

Sorry for the third post in row :)

Looks like all valuable information is on screenshots.

I wonder why Greece introduction window is shown over already developed map?

On cannon screenshot we could see "Very unhappy" effect - a lot of unhappiness from conquered cities. Funny.

On cannon screenshot we could see "Very unhappy" effect - a lot of unhappiness from conquered cities. Funny.

artillery...

but yes, very unhappy:
see, that civ has 10 red faces (top line), so that is why units are very unhappy effected (10 or more red faces cause this),
now we see the info, that it is -33% str "bonus"...

A few things that haven't already been mentioned:

Ranged attacks which are at roughly the same strength as the defending unit does 3 expected damage (last screenshot). From this (as long as combat scales linearly) that 3 archers can kill a spearman, and that ships of the same class take 4 shots to sink each other.

Does the penalty damage from being adjacent to a citadel stack? Do you lose 6 health if you end next to two citadels?

There was something else but I forgot....

How comes Persepolis is a greek City? :confused:

Spoiler :

Maybe Greece uccupied it:rolleyes:?

Or, perhaps because during the Alexandar the Great, which is Greeces leader was part of his great empire?

P.S. google translation sucks.

Maybe Greece uccupied it:rolleyes:?

Or, perhaps because during the Alexandar the Great, which is Greeces leader was part of his great empire?

Since we have dedicated Persians I'd suggest it was their capital. Pure Persians, they've met aggressive Greeks with 2 early UU...

Does the penalty damage from being adjacent to a citadel stack? Do you lose 6 health if you end next to two citadels?

I think yes. If someone would be nuts enough to build 2 citadels nearby and his opponent crazy enough to move a unit near them both, there should be some fun from it.

As written before, no revelations can be found from the text. Lovely screenshots. Thanks for the heads-up!

Top Bottom