• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Dwarf Fortress

He's a resourceful one he is. Again the caravan arrived, and after sleeping and drinking he was ready for: You guessed it. Not for working, but partying. After dismantling the sculpture garden to stop the party, He actually went to carry something to the trade depot. Problem solved? No. After that he was partying again in the zoo this time. So I dismantled the zoo. Then shortly after I caught him partying in the baronesses private sculpture garden. Persistent are we? The next party he'll be having will be with the captured goblin pikemaster. :mad:

I'm playing 38a. I don't mind the partying, but WHY has the trader have to always party when there's a caravan at the depot.

There's a new version, it fixes a few bugs, but apparently it has a number of other bugs.

http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/

EDIT: I know that it fixes a bug that prevents garbage dumps and sand collection zones from working (happened if you share a map with a human town). But hunters now run away from animals.

Have you tried making raw clear glass in the latest version. from my experience it does nothing. The materials get spent, but no raw clear glass appears.

But hunters now run away from animals.

It says that but the hunter still manages to kill the animal.

He also does not level up in ambushing skill and the kill is simply ignored and left to rot outside.

Not that I need the meat, I have more Plump Helmet than I can store. Though I would like the leather and bones.

Bumping this because it is still and will always be the greatest game ever made. Did you know the people at Maxis play it?

Bumping this because it is still and will always be the greatest game ever made. Did you know the people at Maxis play it?

Anyone who hasn't played it has no right to call themselves a gamer.

My last fort had a problem. All of my 10 soldiers were hurt during sparring and none of my other dwarfs would take them water or food. I had 10 buckets and water zone active. It had never happened before. So I lost all ten of my soldiers, elite wrestlers who were training with spears and armor, to thirst, hunger or madness.

It's okay as I put a water wheel/ screw pump on the brook and flooded the map, sealing my dwarfs in a watery island fortress. They could have survived forever if they needed to. As I had several 'helping' reactions for my smelter. ;)

My last fort had a problem. All of my 10 soldiers were hurt during sparring and none of my other dwarfs would take them water or food. I had 10 buckets and water zone active. It had never happened before. So I lost all ten of my soldiers, elite wrestlers who were training with spears and armor, to thirst, hunger or madness.

It's okay as I put a water wheel/ screw pump on the brook and flooded the map, sealing my dwarfs in a watery island fortress. They could have survived forever if they needed to. As I had several 'helping' reactions for my smelter. ;)

I think you need a well.

I think you need a well.

Dwarves can use buckets to carry water back from any water source, not just wells. River, brook, well, pond, all of them works.

I've read in the official forum that currently, the health care job has a pretty low priority... so if you have wounded dwarves to save, you might want to create a few dedicated "nurses" with nothing but health care on.

Assigning pets to the wounded dwarves will help prevent them going berserk... failing that, when they go nuts the pets could take them out (or be the first victim instead of your more important dwarves).

Does anyone want a new succession game? I'd prefer the world be of the smaller size and the map be no longer than 3x3. It makes it lag less. Plus goblin ambushes come all the time now.

This goblins scaring away a long awaited caravan is really annoying. In my last fortress there were hundreds of traps arranged into the chokepoints (Between ponds and cliffsides) to prevent the goblins from running around.

Does anyone want a new succession game? I'd prefer the world be of the smaller size and the map be no longer than 3x3. It makes it lag less. Plus goblin ambushes come all the time now.

Though a tiny map also means ambushes and raids spawn right at your doorsteps... :eek:

I'm still pretty green though... I've never dealt with economy or any of those annoying nobles - I set my population cap at 40. I'd probably initiate fortress death if I join :ack:

Top Bottom