DyP unit pack #3, the last pack

Originally posted by thestonesfan
Another great unit pack, utah, thanks! You're contributions are incredible!

BTW - Who used the Shang Soldier? What weapon does he have?

I imagine the Inti Warrior is Meso-American, but I'm not sure on that either.
The Shang was the first Dynasty of China(that we are sure existed). So he would replace warrior, archer or spearman for China. Not Swordsman, the Shang was before iron working.

edit-And the Inti warrior is Incan, it would be a good Incan UU(which it is in DyP;))

Originally posted by Kal-el
Once that is done we will turn our attention to putting together a mod that will be Conquests compatible. The new mod will be a step beyond DyP. It will take everything we learned while producing DyP and take it even further. So, you can all look forward to the new mod, "Civ3: Rise and Rule (from the guys who brought you DyP)", and expect it to be released sometime around the start of the new year.

hmm, nice name "Rise and Rule"!!!, I'm sure i've heard that before, but deep down you know it won't be as good as what could have been!

Originally posted by Jimmyh

hmm, nice name "Rise and Rule"!!!, I'm sure i've heard that before, but deep down you know it won't be as good as what could have been!

-- "Jimmyh", as in, "Last-heard-from-in-May-throwing-axemen-around"??

Originally posted by Jimmyh

Yeah, it's a shame that life got in the way of that project. Who knows, maybe someday we can get back to it.

oh, it does, believe me.

the beauty of DyP is that the team is so well established and we are working within the confines of a game already laid out for us, meaning there is less to do. We can talk about our project elsewhere if you are still interested.

Originally posted by Kal-el
oh, it does, believe me.

the beauty of DyP is that the team is so well established and we are working within the confines of a game already laid out for us, meaning there is less to do. We can talk about our project elsewhere if you are still interested.

What's the point in talking about it if nothing gets done! and last time I showed interest every one replyed yes, but only Isak actually did some thing. Yeh sure putting down ideas is fine, but it don't get the work done.

I see your doing concept art for Kinboat to do units, that would have been superb if you had done that 10 months ago!

this is that unit we were talking about Utah ;)

Attachments

• cataphract 1.jpg
    cataphract 1.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 445
Utah, if you do this right, I'll give ya money :D

the only thing that should be changed on him is the side the sword sheet is on- I have always interpreted civ3 units as being commanders, and it is on the left side that commanders have there swoards... but then thats just being picky...

and you could always "cheat" on the helmet by just using a stadeard Roman helm with a forward facing crest- the Byzantines used that style heavilly as well...

its a 12 foot long barge pole...

here si an except from my article on the late roman- mid Byzantine armies on the mighty Cataphract :D-

The most impressive looking cavalry in Late Imperial forces were doubtless the Equites Catafractarii and Clibanarii, fully armoured men wielding 12 ft (3.6 m) lances and mounted on metal-barded horses. They had evolved following Rome’s conflicts with Armenia, Parthia, and Persia, and became an important force, especially in the East. These cavalry did not charge into battle but trotted forwards pushing enemies aside as much by fear as martial prowess. The kontos or lance was a heavy-bladed cutting weapon that was wielded with both hands, slicing and stabbing opponents in an almost fencing style of combat. The precise difference between catafractarii and clibanarii are still debated at length, but the available information suggests that clibanarii came from the East and catafractarii from the West — although, confusingly, both terms are used by some sources to describe the same troops!. Standard-bearers carried the draco standard and would be equipped as other troopers, It is imoprtant to add that they still utilized a shield strappd to the forearm, so that they could benifit from its protection while still being able to manipulate the lance

Originally posted by utahjazz7
How does he use that spear, with both hands?

I'm Sure Xen would take one with just one hand as long as it got done :D .

Top Bottom