DyP unit pack #3, the last pack

this is a Byzantine Cataphract, so stirrups are okay, and i suggest makinf the spearhead a bit bigger to better suit how it was used- that pic is superb in all of its details but the spearhead size...

the shild is not a nessity either, but if done, an oblong, flat later Roman standerd sheild would be cool :D

I'd be willing to I suppose- but I't have to be really good, and fairlly cheep- but then considering it would be the first time he(or she, but I get the impression of a he) would have been paid- so I dont think it could cost to much, and I also want to be able to dole out the unit like a civ3 whore ;)- I said a 5-3-2 knight that costs 10 more sheilds as it stats NOW, or you dont get to have it :whipped:

Originally posted by Yoda Power
Xen are you really paying or was it a joke?

I think it was a joke. I don't believe that it would be legal to pay someone for a CivIII unit, but let's not discuss that in this thread. :)

Originally posted by utahjazz7

I think it was a joke. I don't believe that it would be legal to pay someone for a CivIII unit, but let's not discuss that in this thread. :)
Illegal? No I dont think so. All he asks for is some flc files, with this animation in. Civ is not the only program using these files, so in theory it could be for other purposes.

Originally posted by zulu9812
Civ is the only game that uses this type of flc files
what do you mean with "this type" of flc files. Flc files are flc files, whats the difference?

There aren't exactly the same as I discovered the hard way. You can do animations in Animaton Shop and produce .flc files. Then you think (it was my case) it is great you have got a new unit anim then realize Civ3 won't read these files because he uses "Civ3" .flc files slightly different. Then you have to use Flicster which can convert to Civ3 flcs because their format is a specific flcs (kind of Word 95 cannot read a Word 2002 .doc file).

Originally posted by LouLong
There aren't exactly the same as I discovered the hard way. You can do animations in Animaton Shop and produce .flc files. Then you think (it was my case) it is great you have got a new unit anim then realize Civ3 won't read these files because he uses "Civ3" .flc files slightly different. Then you have to use Flicster which can convert to Civ3 flcs because their format is a specific flcs (kind of Word 95 cannot read a Word 2002 .doc file).
interesting. I thought the reason civ coiuld´nt read those files were because of the palette being messed up by Animation Shop.

Originally posted by utahjazz7

Agreed -- but you might want to scroll through this thread ...

Oz

here is another pic- the circled dude is a good bet for an all around cataphract whos style or armour is stretched out over a long period of time

Attachments

• cathaphracts1.2.jpg
    cathaphracts1.2.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 319
and another :) as you can see, a crest is important :D

Attachments

• cataphracts2.1.jpg
    cataphracts2.1.jpg
    20.7 KB · Views: 323
interesting. I thought the reason civ coiuld´nt read those files were because of the palette being messed up by Animation Shop.
Just to add to the rampant random OT-ness of this thread, am I not right in that Leaderheads are in the normal flc format, while the units are not? This would actually be logical, as the leaderheads don't have to be in eight directions. :D

Yes, mrtn :) Though you still have set up palette correctly there to avoid transparency.
And as for units, Zulu is right, it is a custom type of flc with 8 directions and additional flags, not just a messed up palette.

Originally posted by ShiroKobbure
whats the shang soldier?
The Shang was the first Dynasty of China(that we are sure existed). So he would replace warrior, archer or spearman for China. Not Swordsman, the Shang was before iron working.

well about the flc thing, stephs game if it comes out will use that i think otherwise he could've made his own game that the flc file is a compatible flc, besides it wouldn't be illegal to sell it as long as poser was legally utah's and every part was his own, therefore all the property is legally his to sell, reproduce, etc. simply, if you create entirely by yourself all parts its your own property, if i'm wrong it would be interesting to see microsoft sue people for using .exe files for non-microsoft apps, or .wma or w/e files they created

anyhoo i would love it if you made it w/ or w/o xen paying for it ;)

Originally posted by Incubus0223
anyhoo i would love it if you made it w/ or w/o xen paying for it ;)
Lol Utah made the Cataphract ages ago, this is just an old thread;)

Top Bottom