1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Early game build order

Discussion in 'Strategy Section' started by Akbarthegreat, Jul 14, 2020.

1. Rhys DeAnno

Rhys DeAnno Prince

When people want Stonehenge, do they pretty much universally go Monument->Stonehenge?

Pyramids seems a little more open to different things, if only because you could give up on founding or not, and I guess if you were on gold lux you could go Mining/Worker->Pyramids too (I've never tried that, but I should at some point.)

2. CrazyG

CrazyG Deity

For stonehenge I would go monument 95% of the time. The other 5% would be me doing something else first because my civ has unusual bonuses.
    I've done this on gold before (as USA). It works but only because the worker gives culture through improving the tiles, and you can a second point of culture from a pantheon, and as USA you can go worker first and still get a shrine build in a reasonable amount of time though buying tiles.

3. stii

stii Prince

You can also go worker first with netherlands for a similar reason. But not building a monument first slows down your early culture so much. It is also slightly more efficient to use gold to rush a worker than a early building.

CrazyG likes this.