Earth, 1000 AD - A Historical PBEM

I have one city that has no food resources. Not even a flat plains. The only food in the whole 21 tiles is the two at the city. What do you do with a city like this.

Let me tell you what you do ... you thank your lucky starts when there is a barbarian uprising and 6 axes turn up at that city. Excellent!

Just looked at the city next door ... it can generate 3 food ... just enough to grow to size 2 and then starve back to size 1. Fantastic.

Stupid City #1 was killed by the barbs ... thankyou. Semi Stupid City #2 (with my only source of copper) survived the barb attack.

I don't have cities like that but still have 2 pretty weak cities... with Wonders in it!

Moving onwards.

The French are supporting the enemy, so We had to teach them a lesson. We assure you, this isn't what We originally planned, and We shall give up control of Paris the moment the war against the Viking hordes has been won.

Luckily for the French, they have Scandinavia as their allies. While English kept ravaging the city of Paris and killing citizens and destroying the buildings and culture, Ragnar felt that this had to stop. The English workers had been escaping the main army and we Scandinavians welcomed them with open arms to work for us, they also provided us info about the main army.

After softening from collateral, the English redcoats were no match for the Scandinavian grenadier force bombing the rifle lines into oblivion. Also more traditional knight charges fared well against weakened and scattered groups of redcoats. The English force was annihilated and Scnadinavia took the city of Paris under its protection.

Luckily for the French, they have Scandinavia as their allies. While English kept ravaging the city of Paris and killing citizens and destroying the buildings and culture, Ragnar felt that this had to stop. The English workers had been escaping the main army and we Scandinavians welcomed them with open arms to work for us, they also provided us info about the main army.

After softening from collateral, the English redcoats were no match for the Scandinavian grenadier force bombing the rifle lines into oblivion. Also more traditional knight charges fared well against weakened and scattered groups of redcoats. The English force was annihilated and Scnadinavia took the city of Paris under its protection.

Those workers were originally French actually, I captured them and had no use but sending them to scout.

This is grave news if you indeed speak the truth. :(

Spanish conquistadors sit on a nearby hill and watch the battles, death and destruction on both sides. What the vikings are reporting is correct. And to think, we tried to mediate this conflict. Both sides had plenty of opportunities to avoid all this death. Let's only hope the Byzantines will be enough defense alone should the Mongols decide to invade Russia again.

May peace reign amonst Christian brothers! Old Christians or new ones does not matter. There should be peace and the Roman Emperor is trying all that it can so that there is peace once again!

There can be no peace without a strong independent Russia!

The conclusion of the AP vote did not arrive... Does anyone know what happened?
It seems that there is no respect for the democratic establishment!? :mischief:

Question: is post #1 updated? I play in so many games that it is really easy to lose tracker of the players. So it is always helpfull to have a correct list of players and nations.

GPS onwards.

@Luthor - no its not accurate, but I couldn't tell you who is actually Aztecs and China at this point either :/ Too many games myself. Although this seems to be one of the few that lasted through the PBEM tracker crash...

China I think that it is correct. But the Aztecs... by the names given to their land and cities, probably is a player with a sense of humour... could it be.... Ruff?

What? You are controlling the Aztecs, Luthor! How could you possibly not know that !? :lol:

Edit: Whoops, I mixed this game up with Give me 18 but not on Earth. :crazyeye: Yes, in this game Ruff controls the Aztecs.

Top Bottom