Earth 192x120

May someone send me the BTS Blue Marble version?

It's impossible to download from the archive at the moment.

I just noticed that too... can anyone - Carter? - please fix this. I need to repair my MOD!

Doh, just my luck. I got all excited about trying this map out and it seems it was uploaded just after the most recent back up date. :(

Would someone kindly re-upload it if possible? Or provide an external link, please?

Does anyone know of another link that this great looking map could be downloaded from? I too went to download and see the site isn't currently hosting this file.

Thanks

Awesome! Thanks for who ever fixed it. And thanks to Carter for making it! :)

I've only loaded it once and seen the pictures posted, but so far this appears to be the map I've dreamed about. It's much better than the standard one used in the Earth18 civs scenerio in Vanilla.

There's just one problem though. In the 32 civ version, it appears one civ is missing. I counted 31 and I couldn't find the Byzantines in that version. What happened to the Byzantines in the 32civ scenerio? They're in the 24civ scenerio, but not the 32.

How can I fix this? I've got Notepad++.

hmmm...
havent downloaded yet. looks incredible.
Carter, have you considered working with Rhye with this map?
i only suggest adding Antarctica by shrinking as much from the north as possible. which would force the farthest north part of greenland (top one or two tiles) to either be cut off, or touch the border.

Awesome! Thanks for who ever fixed it. And thanks to Carter for making it! :)

I've only loaded it once and seen the pictures posted, but so far this appears to be the map I've dreamed about. It's much better than the standard one used in the Earth18 civs scenerio in Vanilla.

There's just one problem though. In the 32 civ version, it appears one civ is missing. I counted 31 and I couldn't find the Byzantines in that version. What happened to the Byzantines in the 32civ scenerio? They're in the 24civ scenerio, but not the 32.

No, there are 32. Byzantines and Holy Rome are the ones missing.

This is a fantastic map, by the way! Just a couple of questions and observations...

What exactly is different with the odyssey speed compared to epic/marathon? It seems like production is even faster than epic, and research is even slower than marathon (which is a good thing IMO).

Is it possible to play with ALL leaders of the 32 supported civs (when playing the version with fixed starting locations)? Seems like I can only play one of each (only Churchill available for the English, etc.)...

This is a fantastic map, by the way! Just a couple of questions and observations...

What exactly is different with the odyssey speed compared to epic/marathon? It seems like production is even faster than epic, and research is even slower than marathon (which is a good thing IMO).

Yes, I second this question. I was wondering the exact same thing myself. ;)

Is it possible to play with ALL leaders of the 32 supported civs (when playing the version with fixed starting locations)? Seems like I can only play one of each (only Churchill available for the English, etc.)...

It is if you have notepad++. And if you don't, you can download it from the sourcforge website for free. What you do is you open the world builder save XML file with notepad. It should be something like :C/My Documents/My Games/Firaxus/Civilization 4 and what ever version you are using, and the name of the scenerio you want to play (IE Carter 32civs). Once you have it open, you can simply switch the names of the leaders with the one's you prefer wherever the old name exists. For example, I changed Leader_Lincoln to Leader_Washington. It's real important that you get the exact characters right though. Make sure you check the civilization leaderInfos XML file to make sure you are putting the right name directory down. Also don't forget to rename him underneath that, other wise you'll be playing as Elizebeth and everybody will be calling you Churchill. ;)

And yes, it does appear that I miscounted. I still wish Byzantium was in the 32 version though. Oh well, it's awesome even with out.

Yes, I second this question. I was wondering the exact same thing myself. ;)

It is if you have notepad++. And if you don't, you can download it from the sourcforge website for free. What you do is you open the world builder save XML file with notepad. It should be something like :C/My Documents/My Games/Firaxus/Civilization 4 and what ever version you are using, and the name of the scenerio you want to play (IE Carter 32civs). Once you have it open, you can simply switch the names of the leaders with the one's you prefer wherever the old name exists. For example, I changed Leader_Lincoln to Leader_Washington. It's real important that you get the exact characters right though. Make sure you check the civilization leaderInfos XML file to make sure you are putting the right name directory down. Also don't forget to rename him underneath that, other wise you'll be playing as Elizebeth and everybody will be calling you Churchill. ;)

Thanks, I'll give it a try. Still seems a bit strange though, there's no way to set leaders to random? :confused:

I think there is in the "Random" Scenerio where all starting positions are (wait for it)..... random. :p But not in the realistic starting positions. The leaders are set in the XML for those. ;)

I think there is in the "Random" Scenerio where all starting positions are (wait for it)..... random. :p But not in the realistic starting positions. The leaders are set in the XML for those. ;)

I meant playing the scenario with fixed starting locations, but random AI leaders - i.e. with equal chance of drawing Churchill, Elizabeth and Victoria (not just Churchill) as AI leaders for England, but starting in England in either case.

In the file CarterEarth(Random32BtS).wbs, the leaders are all set to LeaderType=NONE, and they're random indeed (unrestricted, even). In the CarterEarth(32BtS).wbs file the English leader lines read LeaderType=LEADER_CHURCHILL and LeaderName=Churchill. Can I change these to randomize the English leader? I'm very new at this...

I'm trying to play this map with another mod. I made all of the necessary merges and it will work in a custom game, but I cannot get the Earth map to work. It says that it fails to find the map. Any tips?

I meant playing the scenario with fixed starting locations, but random AI leaders - i.e. with equal chance of drawing Churchill, Elizabeth and Victoria (not just Churchill) as AI leaders for England, but starting in England in either case.

In the file CarterEarth(Random32BtS).wbs, the leaders are all set to LeaderType=NONE, and they're random indeed (unrestricted, even). In the CarterEarth(32BtS).wbs file the English leader lines read LeaderType=LEADER_CHURCHILL and LeaderName=Churchill. Can I change these to randomize the English leader? I'm very new at this...

I'm not sure. You might want to try PMing Carter or some one who does alot of Mods in the C&C forum to find out.

Titus said:

Unfortunately, due to the way Firaxis designed their system, that is not possible to do by map editing alone, although I am unsure whether or not SDK editing can change that. If it is possible, I might have to try and get it put into World of Civilization.

Is it possible to play this map with the standard leadertypes? I mean for example, in BtS you normally have 3 American leaders to chose, in this mod it's just one.

Been browsing these forums for a while, looking for just maps which are maps only with no other additions or modifications, but little success so far.

Is it possible to get this map to work with other mods? More specifically the revolution mod or rhyse and fall?

Is it possible to get this map to work with other mods? More specifically the revolution mod or rhyse and fall?

hi ,

yes its wonderfull !

have a giant map day :)

ps , make sure your comp page file is set to max ( !! ) or get a bit more memory

Top Bottom