Earth 192x120

Got a problem seeing the map.
I've got vanilla 1.61, and downloaded the vanilla map.
I put it in the right spot according to the readme, but no CarterEarth(18) shows up in Play a Scenario or Custom Scenario.
What's wrong?

thank you, very good map!
may you release the fixed starting location map without barbarian cities?

:goodjob: That's a really beautifully made map! Excellent work Carter..

I just downloaded,installed&it works fine with 32civs (BtS v3.13)..Also i think i spotted 2 faults..In the main menu when choosing the Game Speed there is no description for Odyssey when hovering the mouse over it (there is some text string missing)..And starting the game with my favorite civ (Egypt :egypt: ) i noticed one coastal square with terrain type "Flood plains/Coast" (that looks a little bit unrealistic)..This square is 3 squares North & 1 square East of Egypt's starting point..

Now if you'll excuse me i have some Ethiopians to annihilate.. :trouble:

CU later..

Having a problem loading the mod or loading my saved game. Something about the intl voice thing, windows shuts the program down. Any ideas why? It worked before.

Fantastic work on this map!

I have to ask: did you use a picture of the Earth with the Northern Hemisphere in winter time, because it seems like there's too much snow and ice up top. Canada's virtually unlivable, even in the more temperate areas!

Hello

Ive been looking for a good world map to play with my friend on multiplayer and I decided to have a look on yours. But I have one big problem.

When the map has loaded and im ready to play the game is SLOW, incredible slow and lagging. Anyone know why or have experienced something similar? All other maps have been fine and my computer is more than good enough I reckon.

Core duo 6400 - 1950pro - 4gb ram

I'm not sure if this is a bug, but I find it nearly impossible to get ai trap in permanent war with each other. I was playing 34 civ on standard map (ha!) and I want to set them all with war with each other. So in custom game I set them permanent war and peace and in the worldbuilder set them at war with each other. The problem is that I cant set them at war with each other. So I have to play to set permanent war and peace and always war in the custom menu, and first vassalize every1 and then release them. My point is that I cant set them to declare war at each other.

After I load the mod and hit the "launch" button the game always crashes to the desk top.

I am running the BTS "unoffical" 3.13 patch.

What gives?

I will soon have some time to tweak this map for playability. How do I strip it down, make the needed tweaks, and rebuild so it's clean?

1) Europe, great on food and luxes, poor on metals. Copper and Iron were no where near that scarce ever in Europe. I don't mind if we/you would like them to be placed to spur conflict, but make them plentiful enough than Germany or Byzantium/Greece can't just roll over Europe.

2) Egypt and Persia...I haven't looked at all of the starts, but these two seem to be the worst.

3) Russia...Needs some serious Barbarian civs, ala the Total Realism Mod. In fact, I'd recommend looking at the map for the TR mod for some ideas concerning playability for your map.

4) I like your map from a shape and size factor much better than the TR mod, but the resource availability and placement for the most part seems more playable in the TR mod...wish I could magically merge the two maps...

5) Great work, needs some resource and start location tweaking though.

5) Great work, needs some resource and start location tweaking though.

Yeah, it's great looking, but several start points annoy me with being non-coastal and yet having coast tiles in the fat cross (i.e., very poor tiles): China, Egypt, France, Persia, Khmer, Holy Rome. Not a huge problem, but it's one of my real pet peeves. I've only tried the 18-player version by the way!

Also, there's no room for another city in Spain! You can settle by the mountains in the east, sure, but even still, the fish off the west coast will not get worked. Sorry for moaning, but I do like playing as Spain, and it looks incredibly tough from this position.

Does MapView utility allow you to place civs that aren't already on the map? It just seems clumsy to have to go into the xml to add a civ. I really wish the game had come with a "construction set".

To reiterate, I do love Carter's proportions. The North Hemisphere may be a little skewed once you go North of the 45th paralel, but for playability, I think it's possibly better that way. Wonder if possible to project that skewing proportion to the South Hemisphere or something. Spain is definitely cramped, but the map would probably need to be significantly larger to allow Spain to have 3 good city sites.

One thing I noticed: In New Zealand Wellington has been put at the top of the south island, it should be on the bottom square of the north island.

Not that it really detracts from the fact that this is an awesome mod, well done, dude. I can't wait to get some serious game time happening on this thing.

It would be awesome to be able to use the "terra" setting with the "planetary" size...any way to fix this? Still having fun with both earth and xl size

Jeff

Hey, sorry if I'm being a pest, but I don't know how to get the rar file to open. I download the Rar file in the MODS folder but when I right click it I can't "extract." Does anyone know how to extract the rar file?

Just download the programm "winrar" from the internet and install this archiver. Then start up winrar and unpack the file (with the premade carter-maps) in the bts mod-section (my documents/ my games/ beyond the sword/ mods) :crazyeye:

That will do the job!

Grtz
Brittanicus

Top Bottom