Earth 2010

This is my favourite of the late modern earth scenarios.

I'm not too keen on the futuristic units of the 2011, and 2013 scenarios, an arms race develops, and the geo-political interaction causes a fragmented world, politically.

Earth 2010 seems to be a bit more stable in terms of interaction among the nations, and I prefer the normal units.

2011 and 2013 scenarios? Where can i find them?:confused:

It's complicated, I personally like it 85% of the time. There are instances that code acts very inflexible and annoying. I have created a PBEM adaptation, just click my sig. The best thing is to play and see! By the way we are looking for one supermotivated player right now, so PM me if interested!

He will not be doing any more updates.

However, I will eventually finish my version, which will include all his updates and then some.

Is barbarian king finished with this mod as in there will be no more updates?

He will not be doing any more updates.

However, I will eventually finish my version, which will include all his updates and then some.

Kiwitt is correct, I am pretty much finished with this mod. While it is not quite everything I would have liked it to be, it is to a point that I consider "good enough". Currently what time I have for civ is spent playing Civ V instead of modding Civ IV, so it is unlikely that I will make any more scenarios or updates for my existing scenarios in Civ IV. Anyone who wants to take this scenario as a base to improve upon (as kiwitt has done) is welcome to it.

I think this mod is excellent, and better than the more recent versions of it. As I mentioned earlier, the futuristic units do not appeal to me.

The fixed borders is OK, I don't mind it. It does mean that Civs can only expand their borders by using force. The smaller Civs get wiped out or become vassals to larger Civs.

Slight problem though. The MiG-29 cannot Air Strike.

Thanks Barbarian King. I've played Civ since 2004 and your Earth 2010 is the most enjoyable mod I've played. I too am now playing Civ 5, I think the latest add on pack really improved Civ 5.

Only request I have of anyone updating the mod - please allow no turn limit. It is very frustrating to only have 100 turns etc as a set limit. Please ensure that at least a custom option to turn this off is included if possible, so the player can decide.

Thanks again.

Thanks Barbarian King. I've played Civ since 2004 and your Earth 2010 is the most enjoyable mod I've played. I too am now playing Civ 5, I think the latest add on pack really improved Civ 5.

Only request I have of anyone updating the mod - please allow no turn limit. It is very frustrating to only have 100 turns etc as a set limit. Please ensure that at least a custom option to turn this off is included if possible, so the player can decide.

Thanks again.

You can change it yourself, if you locate your EARTH 2010 mod, open the folder and then open Public Maps.
2 maps apear. Open Earth 2010 with notepad or another text editor.
At line 16 you see:

MaxTurns=123

You can change that last number in any number, like:

MaxTurns=1000

After that, save the file and start the game. If oyu need any help, let me know.

Question: How would I go about adding the special abilities of the Virus, Terrorist, and Special Forces units (such as the Dos Attack) into a mod of my own?

I'm new here and I have a problem with this mod. I can't play as a different nation... I can only play as United States or Saudi Arabia. Why's that?

Great mod. Plays out extremely well.
Just tried playing as North Korea, and and tried taking Seoul.
Needless to say, what's left of my people are living in the Stone Age, lol.

Fantastic mod!

Great mod. Plays out extremely well.
Just tried playing as North Korea, and and tried taking Seoul.
Needless to say, what's left of my people are living in the Stone Age, lol.

Fantastic mod!

I agree. Would you be interested in PBEM game with another 6 human players?

I downloaded the mod, and the civilizations seemed just fine, but it does not allow me to play the game with a scenario, and it just puts my civ randomly on the map- in the year 6000 BC. How do I fix this? It is not just this mod. Also the Giant Earth Mod made by Kiwitt has the same problem.

Last edited:
Just open the public Maps folder and select scenario and it should work

after I put the main scenario and then the update6 in my BTS mod folder and load the mod, I get tons of XML errors,

example:
Tag: CORPORATION_10 in Info class was incorrect
current XML file is xml\Buildings/Civ4BuildingInfo.xml

then it crashes.
I reinstalled Civ based on your list with all patches in a different games folder but same behavior.

Top Bottom