Earth 2014

I've completed the task asked by you regarding the logs. Hopefully they're what you're looking for! :)

Thanks again

Yes, that's exactly what I was looking for. Reading the logs, it appears that the City States setup fails at Wellington because Wellington does not exist in your game. This makes me think you should double check to make sure that you have the latest version of BNW, since Wellington was added in the Fall 2013 patch. Your game should be version #1.0.3.144 (you can find the number at the bottom of the screen at the main menu). Get back to me with your version number, and we can continue to troubleshoot the mod for you.

Alright;

Game has been updated to the latest version #1.0.3.144, this has fixed the city states issue of them not appearing as well as my spy issue. All that's problematic now is just a lot of txt key types of issues that I've read some other users have experienced. Due to these being new and different from those previously, it seems logical to provide a new set of logs!

Attachments

• logs.rar
    16.4 KB · Views: 219
Alright;

Game has been updated to the latest version #1.0.3.144, this has fixed the city states issue of them not appearing as well as my spy issue. All that's problematic now is just a lot of txt key types of issues that I've read some other users have experienced. Due to these being new and different from those previously, it seems logical to provide a new set of logs!

It seems from your new logs that the error lies not with my mod, but with your base game. You should confirm whether this is the case by launching an unmodded game and seeing if the text errors show up. If they do, you should verify the integrity of the game cache on Steam to see if that fixes things. If they don't, let me know.

It's up and working now thank goodness, I try to play offline so my work can't detect me hahaha. After going into steam and help from a co-worker all is well. Thanks for everything and especially the scenario! :)

Barbarian King, thank you for this cool scenario! :goodjob:
It would be possible to have a version that is not a mod?

Barbarian King, thank you for this cool scenario! :goodjob:
It would be possible to have a version that is not a mod?

Sorry, but no. Without a mod I could not use the custom flags, custom leaders, custom techs, custom units, custom buildings, pre-set religions, and advanced city states that really give flavor to the scenario. To me, a non-mod version of this would be too plain, and I don't really want to spend time making such a thing.

By the way Barabrian King, the year is 2041 in the scenario. I know its really just aesthetic but maybe you could change it to 2014?

By the way Barabrian King, the year is 2041 in the scenario. I know its really just aesthetic but maybe you could change it to 2014?

If everything is working right, the date will show up as 2014, and will advance one month at a time. My suggestion for fixing this is to disable any other mods you may be running simultaneously, and if you don't have any others enabled then it might be an era start problem. Sometimes Civ5 will save the era start you've been using when playing normal games and apply it to modded games. If you've been playing post ancient era starts, it is likely that Civ5 is starting my scenario at an advanced era as well, pushing the date forward (turn 0 = Jan 2014 in my scenarios). Try starting an unmodded ancient era game, playing a turn or two, exiting, and then playing my scenario. That should fix things.

I find it quite puzzling not seeing Iraq in any form on the map. Not even a single city state Baghdad. Middle East and World look terribly wrong without Iraq!

I find it quite puzzling not seeing Iraq in any form on the map. Not even a single city state Baghdad. Middle East and World look terribly wrong without Iraq!

Your post made me realize that I had forgotten to upload my latest version to Game Front. :eek: The update I uploaded to Steam in May does include two additional city states on the Huge map, one of which is Baghdad. I have now uploaded the latest version to Game Front and have updated the link in the CFC database.

Do I still need to patch it with Korean zip you usually provide? Also there is no Update button next to your mod in Mods for steam updating....

There is something bugged about Baghdad. The city itself never appears on the map but one gets territory of invisible Baghdad right where Iraq is. I cannot move American units into this invisible "city state"...

Steam should automatically update any mods you've subscribed to whenever you go into online mode. The Korea patch does need to be re-downloaded after each update, and I think it might be the cause of the problem that you were getting with Baghdad. I have updated the Korea patch, so if you could try it out and get back to me on whether it fixes things I'd appreciate it.

This isn't a bug in anything you've done. The game core DLL doesn't initialize its data structures for trade routes until the end of the first turn (assumes you can't get a trade route on turn 0, since you don't have a city, and none of the Firaxis scenarios give you a turn 0 trade unit). You can fix it with a DLL edit, which is something I did in my SiegeMod pack/scenario.

Yes, Baghdad is there, thank you! Although why Israel has such a big territory compared to Iraq and why only pop 6? Should be at least Pop 10.

Also what about this trade fix? I really don't like it when all the players start with no trade units and have to build them as a first thing.

Hello! in my game is having your mold Some poblemas.
I can not go to war with another civilization, and the spy system does not work.

Yes, Baghdad is there, thank you! Although why Israel has such a big territory compared to Iraq and why only pop 6? Should be at least Pop 10.

Also what about this trade fix? I really don't like it when all the players start with no trade units and have to build them as a first thing.

Israel has an outsized territory because it is playable as an alternate while Iraq isn't, and I didn't want to cramp the human player with a realistically sized territory. And Israel's population is only 6 because the country has a relatively small population compared to everyone else.

As for the trade fix, I'm probably not going to implement it. I do think that having trade routes on turn 0 would be nice, but dll modding is more involved than anything I have done with Civ5 thus far, and changing the dll would also make my mod unplayable on Macs.

Hello! in my game is having your mold Some poblemas.
I can not go to war with another civilization, and the spy system does not work.

Do you have any other mods running simultaneously? And have you made sure that your copy of BNW is up to date? (To check whether you have the latest patch, see if Germany has the Hanse as a UB)

Steam should automatically upgrade your copy of Civ5 whenever you go online. I don't know where you can find the patches if you can't use Steam, but if I find out I will post here. I'd rather keep discussion of Civ5 here instead of on Facebook, and if you have any questions about civ you'd rather not ask in a thread, feel free to send me a private message.

Hi BK, is this available for mac? i downloaded it on steam but I can't find it in my mods folder.
Thanks.

Top Bottom