Earth 2018

Earth 2018 1.3

Barbarian King submitted a new resource:

Earth 2018 - A mod/scenario of earth in the present day

A scenario of earth at the present time. Take command of a modern nation and lead it to glory, or destruction. Will you awe the globe with your culture, indulge your bloodlust and conquer an empire, or leave it all behind as you colonize other worlds? Or will you sit idly by as others leave you in the dust? Find out how you stack up against the major players of today.

Mod Features
Modern scenario in two sizes (Standard and Huge maps)
25 custom leaders and appropriate civilizations...

Read more about this resource...

I was just thinking the other day when will the 2018 Earth Mod be out and hey presto!

can you in the future upload the zip to something more open and doesn't require a login, like Google Drive? thanks

can you in the future upload the zip to something more open and doesn't require a login, like Google Drive? thanks

Dropbox doesn't require a log-in or account, but sometimes it does have a log-in screen that pops up in front of the download button. There should be an "X" in the upper right corner of this pop-up that can be used to close it, and then you can proceed to download without logging in.

I'm not able to play it while using it in the scenarios, when I tried hotset it said something about the map limit.

I'm not able to play it while using it in the scenarios, when I tried hotset it said something about the map limit.

To play it in hotseat/multiplayer, you will also need to be using the mod YnAEMP - Remove Multiplayer Limit. This is because the game normally has a cap of the number of civs that can be present in multiplayer, and so you need the mod to remove the cap so you can play this scenario.

Excellent and fun scenario, you've really put effort into this. I really like how diplomacy has been set to work here, it's really immersive and satisfying to toy around with global politics. Many leader agendas have made me laugh and link screenshots around, some good satire going on here.

Very polished for being released just last month. Haven't noticed any game breaking bugs, though I've only got around 8 hours in with Russia and US. I loved your Earth 2015 back in Civ5 and was really happy to find this scenario for 2018. I'll report balance issues and bugs if I find any.

Edit: Oh yeah and could we please get a Helsinki/Finland city state? :)

Last edited:
love this scenario, but if i may, i would suggest a new color scheme for italy, i propose either green writing and white background or the venetian civ 5 color scheme

Excellent and fun scenario, you've really put effort into this. I really like how diplomacy has been set to work here, it's really immersive and satisfying to toy around with global politics. Many leader agendas have made me laugh and link screenshots around, some good satire going on here.

Very polished for being released just last month. Haven't noticed any game breaking bugs, though I've only got around 8 hours in with Russia and US. I loved your Earth 2015 back in Civ5 and was really happy to find this scenario for 2018. I'll report balance issues and bugs if I find any.

Edit: Oh yeah and could we please get a Helsinki/Finland city state? :)

Glad to hear you're enjoying it, and please do let me know if you find any issues, as it would be impossible for me to catch all bug and balance issues on my own. As for Finland, unfortunately there is a limit to how many civs+city states you can have on a map, and I've already reached that limit, so I can't add any more city states. When I make the giant map version of this I will add Helsinki as a city, but it will have to be part of the Sweden city state (Sorry!).

love this scenario, but if i may, i would suggest a new color scheme for italy, i propose either green writing and white background or the venetian civ 5 color scheme

I've gotten another request for a color scheme change to Italy on the Steam page as well, and I do agree that it's not the best scheme. I'll try Green/White and see how that looks, and if I like it I'll include it in the next update.

Barbarian King updated Earth 2018 with a new update entry:

Update 1

Update 1 (3/3/18)
-Added a script to give nuclear powers a boost to producing initial nukes
-Added a "Free Play" mode, where player can customize victories and game speed
-Made cities weaker
-Extended trade route distance
-Added additional diplomacy statements to leaders
-Adjusted random agendas for leaders
-Added the city-state Taiwan (science) to replace the city-state Chad (militaristic) on the Huge map
-Changed the city-state of Venezuela from Maritime to Militaristic
-Made a few changes...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Hi Barbarian King! I loved both earth 2014 and Earth 2010 - have played over 400 hours of both mods over the years! - Great to see Earth 2018.

I wanted to ask if this is compatible with the Civ 6 iPad game?

Also, Something to consider - the modern game spy looks like a medieval spy. Perhaps it is worth changing the look of this to a modern spy - to make the late game "proxy war" element more in realistic?

LOVE THIS. any chance you could make unique air units for US (f-16, f-18, f-22, f-35), Russia, China, etc.? My world is blown! you rule

Ever plan on updating it ? So maybe mods like mora units and warfare expanded will work with it ?

Wow! Haven't started playing it yet, but the description and screenshots has made it very exciting. It's clear that too much effort has been put. Well done! And thanks a lot.

The border between the United States and Mexico is off... Give that one city to America. It will make the shape of them look way more accurate. Also please update for 2019 and gathering storm :mischief::love:

Hello , i wanna know how can i start a game with Free play settings, cause it doesn't start the game for me, only when i play the scenario without Free Play.

Barbarian King updated Earth 2018 with a new update entry:

Update 3 (2/15/20)

-Many unique units added, some with unique models (see credits)
-Revised the way nukes are handled, so nuclear powers now start with nuclear weapons pre-built
-Updated religions: split Islam into Sunni and Shia, added Confucianism, added a pantheon belief, reassigned some beliefs, and reassigned some city religions
-Updated starting diplomatic relations, adding more alliances and friendships
-Added months to the calendar
-Added several cities to city-states on the huge map
-Changed load...

Read the rest of this update entry...

Top Bottom