• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Earth Elemental

Originally posted by Warlord 101
A possible fire element could be Emek's AoK City Disorder Flames. If converted to a unit (and given an attack graphic and such) it could possibly become a Fire Elemental.

thanks for the plug...for a fire elemental i guess a cut n' paster could take the flamethrower attack anim and cut the guy out in order to have the fire projected in attack mode, and the volcano smolder anim could be a death anim... Just throwing ideas out, I dont think I'm up for doing it

Originally posted by Vuldacon
WOW...Love that Punch and Pound Attack! Well Done embryodead :goodjob:

Mr Vuldacon, would you happen to have any "earthy" sound effects I could possibly use to generate some unit sounds for this dirty fellow? I honestly cannot locate any sources that I feel will work well for this one.

I believe a Unit Sound Creation Guild is in order wouldn't you say, mate? :cool:

Yes, you are correct there Embryodead...just wondering if this Unit is to be used with a single Tribe or as a Barbarian due to the lack of Civ Specific colors (which of course there is No place to put them on the Unit anyway).

Well, it's up to modders, though in case of warhammer mod - neither. It is only produced by The Palace of the Wizard Caliph (worlds' top elementalist). The first player to build this great wonder will get small number of powerful earth elementals.

Ah, nice to have sounds for this fella'. :goodjob:

BTW did you go through with the plans of making a stone elemental? :)

stone elemental? stone isn't one of four elements isn't? there was idea about the golem, but it's really on the bottom of my list right now.

I'm using Grandraem's version of an altered Cave Troll, that I think Kindred, did for a Rock Golem. I might use these sounds for it as well as the Earth Elemental. It didn't seem right to have some heavy guy like that wandering around and making no sound. :D

Originally posted by embryodead
stone elemental? stone isn't one of four elements isn't? there was idea about the golem, but it's really on the bottom of my list right now.

golems, elementals... *grumbles*

Keep it at the bottom. :) I wasn't even sure I would have a use for it. I was simply curious.

BTW, have you made any pediaicons for this guy yet? I've been putting MoM's unit pediaicons together today and this is one of the few units still lacking them. (excluding the units that are still in production) :)

it had pediaicons... I forgot to include them in the updated pack, but if you downloaded the previous one, you should have them already. if you lost them :p I included a link in the 1st post.

Thanks. I did have the old version but as I keep my HD as clean and organized as my home, It was hidden pretty deep. :)

Edit: finding it earlier would've saved me the trouble of making units32 icon for it too. :)

I'm sorry but it looks like the hulk after a mud bath....

LoL, a criticism at last ;) I don't mind the comment though, after all "the hulk after a mud bath" is how I imagine an earth elemental :p

Top Bottom