Earth map, 24 civs [for Warlords]

Downloading works fine now, it was just maintenance. Now I hope I can get this Ottoman bug fixed...

Thanks Rhye for this amazing map! Could you tell what changes you made in the SDK source to get 24 civs? Is it possible to have even more? I'd like to include that and of course, if I ever release a mod I'll give you credit. :)

Rhye said:
it's just a number in CvDefines.h.

Can anyone tell me what's exactly the problem with the ottomans? They work fine for me (but I may have a different version from yours)

I have 2 computers. A older powerful desktop that runs RFC and all other Civ mods fine with no bugs, but is 4 years old, and a 2 month old desktop from work.

On the old desktop when I select the Ottoman leaderhead in any way (at startup screen or in-game play) the game CTD.

On my laptop, the game runs fine (laptop has NO fancy video card)

I know that this is an issue with other people on the boards as well, and we have been told that firaxis is looking into it. But since you are excellent and modding and de-bugging.....can you take a look?

Rhye said:
if this happens with other mods not mine, that's nothing i can do

Actually it happens with vanilla Warlords. Kind of crappy as i had a great game going, met the Ottomans and the game crashed. now every game has to be a custom choose the civs.

How about this....can you tell me how to disable a civ globally until firaxis fixes the problem? If I can set up my game to have NO OTTOMAN civ (turn them off) then all will be fixed for awhile.

Thanks

After becoming accustomed to the RFC world map, the map is a tad small :( but fun!

gotcha, thanks

This bug is random or 100 % of all computers ?

Tommorow shold receive my UK warlords for my US Civ4 Vanilla ...

No problem with it ?

Really noob queston: how do I get to play with this mod? Have loaded it as per the main screen on Warlords, but there is nothing different to the options I have already for warlords. Just want to play a game on Earth as the celts. How do I do it?

Apparently the link is invalid.

sweet work as usual Ryhe:goodjob:
boy europe is crowded tho
the 23 civ map might be better from a playability stand point
I know your have a stand alone .dll, but how much is this going to slow down late game
just a thought
i know this was specificly made for the 24 Warlords civs,but what about changing the celts to the aboriginies and placeing them down
under for more earth coverage;)

this map is awesome, i must say if anyone is planning to make this from 9.9/10 to 10/10 europe larger so that africa can move more south, that would be just killer?

if anyone not to do it i may try

though i have to say even playing as rome im certainly allowing myself some room to manovure

OK, I use winzip to uninstall to the warlords mod folder and it has created a folder called Earth24 and within that are 2 folders; Assets and Privatemaps and a file Earth24.ini. I re-start warlords and I do not see the map or the mod in any of the game options, be it custom scenarios, custom mods, whatever...
So what's up with that?
Then I delete that Earth24 folder, try installing to the warlords folder itself and now the Earth24 folder has installed there and still nothing shows up in the warlords loading menus.

Rhye, you're a great modder but a readme file with specific installation instructions and file destinations would really be great...

BTW I had no trouble installing mods into plain vanilla Civ4 so...?

put the .dll and the assets in the custom asset folder, and the maps into the public maps folder. Not sure if this is the correct way, but it worked for me.

Yeah, but I DON'T want to over write the existing files. Dammit, doesn't anyone around here know what the designer intended, but wants us to guess? Rhye, anything from you?

Top Bottom