Earth map, with 18 civs (Huge)

whats the difference between this earth map, and the earth map thats on the earth scenario already in the game?

Been coming back to Civ4 for years now, it never gets old!

I always liked playing the 18civ Earth Map, I had always felt intimdated by the Rhys mod but i finally tried it the otherday! Very cool! Gonna try a harder difficulty now!

Now, am I tripping or was that a different map then the 18civ one I like so well? Europe felt bigger then usual, I had like 3 cities in spain, not the usual BARCELONA..

I want to play on the larger Rhys map but without having to reconquer my damn empire after a civics change...

on the downloads page I can see the DL for the 18civ map, [dosent that come stock from the factory tho?] and the Rhys mod, straighten me out ppl?!

thanx!

That map is called the "Earth map with enlarged Europe". Many people (I'm one of them) have already converted that Rhye map to be playable without a mod, but it hasn't been added by anybody to the downloads database.

Just to make sure, what version of Civ4 are you playing? Vanilla, Warlords or BTS?

For BTS I made a small mod with the following:

- minimum city distance 1 (instead of 2)
- civ colors from RFC
- dynamic city naming from RFC
- earth map with enlarged Europe

See this post for the download

I am new to this game. I have a problem. I have got BtS and I want to play the 18civ scenario. How can I change the starting civilizations??????? :((( In BiS there are more than 18 to choose and I want to f.eg. change Egypt for Holland... How can I do it?Please people, I bed you..

In BtS the scenarios like: Europe, Asia, Africa have an option at the beginning(if you play via "custom scenario") where you can choose absolutely any civilizationsss you want to play with, whereas in the earth or earth18civs scenarios you only have the same civs you have to play (YOU CANNOT CHANGE ANY OF THEM)....

What can I do?
Can I change it while playing somehow?
Do I have to download a NEW map somewhere... and if so where?

Please help me !!!!!!

You have to edit the map in the source to add other civs. Do you only want to swap Egypt for the Dutch? And let the Dutch start in the Netherlands?

Actually the egypt-holland was just an example... I want to change most of the 18 civs... I also intalled the Thomas' war mod which has many civilizations I would like to add.

Thats why I am affraid of mixing the files... But if it is the only way then I have no choice :( If so then could someone describe the whole thing to me, because I have no clue about changing files.

Also, may be there is a simpler way - like downloading a 18civ map where you could choose any civs you want - other maps like Europe... have this option - that is why I am really pissed off and frustrated :/

Actually the egypt-holland was just an example... I want to change most of the 18 civs... I also intalled the Thomas' war mod which has many civilizations I would like to add.

Thats why I am affraid of mixing the files... But if it is the only way then I have no choice :( If so then could someone describe the whole thing to me, because I have no clue about changing files.

Also, may be there is a simpler way - like downloading a 18civ map where you could choose any civs you want - other maps like Europe... have this option - that is why I am really pissed off and frustrated :/

Oh and I don't care about where anyone starts off because I can change it via mapeditor in the game inself and then start playing normally with them where they have to be - so having them have to start off somewhere specifically is not a problem.

Hi i have the complete edition. When playing bts, I also see an earth 18 scenario. I am quite confused, are these the same things?

hi :D

but the earth 18 scenario that came with the game, the civilisations are pre-placed too no? (by that i mean each civilisation has a fixed starting position each time you play)

Does this work in multiplayer? Is there a whole world mat that does work in multiplayer?

Top Bottom