Earth map, with 18 civs (Huge)

Looks great! Very cool your name is in the manual too, Rhye! You want a copy of it in my Dutch manual?

Will play this map in a few hours when I get home.

Lord Parkin said:
Awesome map... you've done a truly great job, Rhye. :)

Just wondering though, what's the [tile x tile] size of the map? And how does it compare with the default [tile x tile] world sizes in Civ4? Haven't got the game myself just yet (will do in a week or so), and as a map maker myself I'm curious about the size restrictions etc. (Well, I know that "officially" there are no size restrictions, but for gameplay purposes I'm sure there's a limit to a "playable" map size. ;) )

http://rhyesciv.uw.hu/index2.php?nev=civ4.html

Great, thanks for the link. :) Just one more question though: I presume that the size limit is based on the number of tiles, rather than the specific dimensions of the map? (For example, you could have a 20x400=8000 tile map that still loads in a reasonable time?)

Sorry for the OT... just interested. :)

Thanks man!:goodjob: Keep 'em comming.:D

Thank you Rhye. You deliver once again. :goodjob:

im getting the same error when i put it in public maps folder

I opened this map by getting it on my desktop and start it there instead of the official gameicon.

yes, it works, but why can't I open scenarios using civ4.exe without this error:

"Failed to read worldbuilder file Earth18Civs.Civ4WorldBuilderSave"

Rhye? Maybe some idea, please?

im unable to play this map/scenerios too. but i cant play any of the scenerios. i dont understand, the game runs ok, but when i try to play a scenerio it loads to the point where it says done and i never get to play. no errors or anything. i waited for like 30 minutes and the game never loaded. i dont understand why????

My ONLY wish is to make the 1 mountain tile that connects Central America to South America to become a Hill instead of a mountain.

Would make it more interesting so that South America won't be fully isolated in the early game.

Does anyone know how to edit the file to make that 1 tile from a Mountain to a Hill tile?
And if you do what and where do I edit it at?

I am currently stumped on the WorldBuilder program :(

<edit>
SO I tested the WorldBuilder and made 1 minor change in the tile I wanted.
I turned the 1 Mountain Tile that was isolating SouthAmerica from Central America into a Hill/Jungle Tile.

This is What I figured the changes needed when I used winmerge to compare my changes:

-- Find: --
(its in line 9442)

Code:
BeginPlot
	x=25,y=32
	TerrainType=TERRAIN_GRASS
	PlotType=0
EndPlot

-- Replace with: --

Code:
BeginPlot
	x=25,y=32
	FeatureType=FEATURE_JUNGLE, FeatureVariety=0
	TerrainType=TERRAIN_GRASS
	PlotType=1
EndPlot

-- Close and Save --

Do that if you ONLY want to change the 1 Mountain Tile into a Hill/Jungle so South America can have access to Central & North America.

Excellent stuff. My favorite Civ III modder made my new favorite Civ IV map. :goodjob:

This map seems to be quite a bit more challenging, too. (Challenging in a good sense.) My attempts at the French civ at Prince level were soon squashed by a huge Praetorian Roman army, and my Chinese civ was soon outstripped in most categories by my rivals.

I feel really stupid. Everyone seems to love the map. I can't figure out how to play on it. I unzipped the map file to every directory I thought would work, to no avail.

Edit: I figured it out for the scenarios. I'll play with it and see if I can get it to work for the custom game so I can disallow winning by spaceship and so on.

Marla_Singer said:
Rhye, I must confess you've made a brilliant job with that map. There's no more job to do !

Well, you couldn't help yourself to reduce the size of the oceans, but you were right to do so as it optimizes the map in a way impossible otherwise. To put it short, I won't bother about making my own map, yours is perfect. :goodjob:

So the map is shipped with the game right ? I've heard there was also a map of Europe, did you do it too ? Can we see screenshots of it ? :)

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

THE Marla Singer isn't making a map???

Yours was the only other earth map I ever played for Civ3 besides Rhye's.

Wow Rhye, its kinda mindblowing that your map is that good!

w00t Rhye! :spear:

Okay, so I am not a Modder...I appologize for this request in advance, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

I love this map, but want to play it with less than 18 Civs. Can someone please give me a step by step guide on how to use the World Builder to delete some of the Civs without ruining the game? Everytime I try, I can never get the whole map to open (or see all the civs)

Thanks in advance!

Read the previous posts, the topic was covered quite well.

Great map! I was wondering why the earth map that was shipped with the game was a bit different, now I have two options.

Nice job again Rhye!!

I'm looking forward to any terrain mods you may do. Your Civ3 terrain was by far my preferred and I'm anxious to see how you improve on this game.

Top Bottom