Earth map, with 18 civs (Huge)

It would be interesting to have feedbacks from those having tried various Civ at start on this map.

Tested a little yesterday, but some places are really overpopulated (Europe, southern Asia), making the deal quite difficult.

For what i've tested, congratulations on ressources distribution, While playing Indian you get plenty population but few production, so it means insalubrity, quite a smart translation of what really occurred.

Would have been interesting to have also the Australian, as to be able to get a challenging isolationist position. For a next one :p

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAOOOOOO

Thanks RHYE!!!

First to download!

hOPE MANY WILL FOLLOW UR EXample:)

Ok, a question raised before but not answered as far as I can see at least: can you play this in multiplayer, specifically in a hot seat game, and if so how? I spent a good half an hour trying to figure it out to no result, so could someone please provide a good answer?

once you took a look at the mapfiles and the xmls in the gamefolder its really easy

It´s not difficult, it´s complicated...

Thanks for the map! Its Great!

Im playing my first game now on this map. Im playing as india, and it felt like a nice starting point. The mountains cover the north, i built a city on the east and west to cover the entrances, and the ocean covers the south.

Now im trying to conquer australia, but met some nasty barbarian tribes over there:goodjob:

For those who can't make it work. Try one of the following...

1) exit game completely and place in publicmaps folder then reboot and play
2) lower all graihics as your computer may not be able to handle the big map in all its glory, then play
3) if these don't work get a hammer and beat your graphics card or firaxis into submission

can I change the victory conditions when playing this map? Id like to only have domination and conquest

i just read all the messages and I think ill be able to do it! thx for the map

Rhye said:
in addition to this, you should change the plot data itself, moving the word "StartingPlot" to the new tile
:confused: be more specific please Rhye?, where can I edit the plot data?

Does anyone know how to eit this map so that you can have Random Start Locations instead of the Preset ones?

I have semi figured out how to ONLY have Conquest and Domination victories set and remove all other victory condition.

So if anyone can post a simple how to guide in how to edit this map to have Random Start Locations instead of the set ones :D

unless you have a super computer dont bother with huge maps i loaded the map and it took forever to load and once it loaded i promply got frozen
no i dont have a super computer but up to size small maps i am fine sort of

marcnhl said:
can I change the victory conditions when playing this map? Id like to only have domination and conquest

This is how to make this Map to have Conquest & Domination Victories ONLY!
I figured it out when I wanted this options to be in my map also :D

-- Find: --
(should be at Line 3)

Code:
Version=11
BeginGame 		
	Calendar=CALENDAR_DEFAULT

-- After Add: --

Code:
	Victory=VICTORY_CONQUEST
	Victory=VICTORY_DOMINATION

-- Save & Close --

Below is an attachment of Rhye's Map w/ a few changes:

(Just unzip the file in your '%Documents Folder%\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 4\PublicMaps\*' )
(there is a link to this folder in the Civ 4 root directory)

Changelog:
- Replaced Franklin Roosevelt with Washington for America.
- Replaced a Mountain tile to a Jungle/Hill tile so South and Central America can be connected by land.
- Conquest & Domination Victory ONLY​

PS:
If anyone can point me to the right direction on how to remove the Starting Points would be GREATLY Appreciated :D
That is the ONLY thing else I wanna be able to do with this Map :D

Attachments

• Earth18Civs-CnD.zip
    37.3 KB · Views: 304
Played this map for first time this weekend (as the Incas) and I'm not sure if it's deliberate or not, but the Inca starting location means they're isolated on a narrow strip down the west side of South America - cut off from the rest of the continent by continuous mountains. That was ok in Civ 3 since you could build roads across - but mountains are impassable in Civ 4 aren't they? I had to edit it a little to convert a couple of mountains to hills to open up things a little.

Great map though!

thanks for all the help so far, but theres still one thing i dont get.

i want the americans out of the game, so i opened the file with a texteditor and deleted...

...the last
Code:
BeginTeam                         
	Tech=TECH_FISHING                         
	Tech=TECH_AGRICULTURE                         
EndTeam

...the last player info:
Code:
BeginPlayer
	LeaderType=LEADER_FRANKLIN_ROOSEVELT
	CivType=CIVILIZATION_AMERICA                         
	Team=17                         
	PlayableCiv=1                         
	StartingX=28, StartingY=45                         
	Handicap=HANDICAP_NOBLE                         
EndPlayer

...and on tile x=28 y=45 the line
Code:
StartingPlot

it doesnt work, u can still select americans in the game.
i then tried replacing the player info with NONE values instead, now the game couldnt read the file anymore:cry:

i couldnt find any more info in the file regarding the country, so how can i make this map a 17 player please?

any help much appreciated:)

Here is my problem. I downloaded the Turkish mod and now the Turks are my 19th civilization. But apparently I can' t play this map with the Turks. How can I add a civilization into the map.

Top Bottom