1. We have added the ability to collapse/expand forum categories and widgets on forum home.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Photobucket has changed its policy concerning hotlinking images and now requires an account with a $399.00 annual fee to allow hotlink. More information is available at: this link.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. All Civ avatars are brought back and available for selection in the Avatar Gallery! There are 945 avatars total.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. To make the site more secure, we have installed SSL certificates and enabled HTTPS for both the main site and forums.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Civ6 is released! Order now! (Amazon US | Amazon UK | Amazon CA | Amazon DE | Amazon FR)
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Dismiss Notice
  7. Forum account upgrades are available for ad-free browsing.
    Dismiss Notice

Earth2000.OneBillion Se

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Completed Modpacks' started by Bungus, Sep 9, 2005.

1. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

Lachlan: That problem has come up before:
    The error you are recieving regarding the Ethiopia and Siam may occure in the diplomacy or victory screens. The problem is caused by a mispelled folder.
    Look in Conquests/Scenarios/Earth 3.OneBillion/Art/ and change the name of the "leaderhead" folder to "Leaderheads".
    The mis-spelling causes referencing errors for many Ethipain and Siamese pcx's. Unfortunetly, I can't change the spelling of an existing folder with a patch, so every one who hasn't done so already has to do so themself. But when I finish the lastest update I will re-upload the entire mod for future users (Incremental patches will be avaible for the rest of you guys)

@Baron: If they were indeed that far behind in tech, the changes I'm making in the latest update should enable them to research about a third faster. As far as trading goes, you account is favorable: the iroquios nor sioux should have contact with the aztecs

Could anyone verify the approximate level of research the Iroquios and Sioux are usual at when you first make contact with them? (provided you're not playing as an american civ)
    Also, has anybody noticed industrial age music playing during the ancient or medieval eras? Or European civs' city graphics not changing in the industrial age?
    Also, has anyone besides chosey had a problem with AA units or fighters set to air superiority not working for the player?

By the way, sorry I haven't been posting frequently these past two weeks. I will be checking in here and replying more often now. The big update is slightly delayed, but still in progress.

2. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

Crashes when you go for "ship of the line" game doesn't find wav for it.

3. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

Can you fix it, until then I was having fun. Not winning but hanging in there. Please fix it soon. Thanks

4. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

:crazyeye: Finished game, Inca's are a hard group to start with and hard to try to win with. :eek: But I did it.:lol:

Two errors remain.:sad:

1. Game crashes when you go for "ship of the line", game doesn't find wav for it. Copied a wav file to game for this unit, so it works for me. :mischief:

2. Droopship, will not load or unload units anywhere except in a city. Only built one as result, but lots of airports to get units around.

Minor problems:

1.Team colors are not different enough, ie Inca -yellow but so was Egypt. I had 17 AI's. So many AI's where simlar colors.

2. AI's wouldn't keep peace with each other, some nation always fighting.

3. Cities captured had to have resistors +2 armies to keep then under control or they revolted. That ties up alot of man power.:confused: Sadly I lost 6 cities that way before I learned.:(

My game lasted for 444 turns and I won by domolation.
    I took South and North America before I found the old World and my first cross ocean war (ie Rome in Spain).
    I almost had the space race too, but fighting endless wars with Egypt, France, Rome, Persia and Mongolian (to less than 3 cities each left) , used alot of resoures up.
    I also destroyed China, Maya, England and Aztec.
    I was at war with Rome from the first contract, but Rome never found the new world. :lol: And I never used my nukes!!! :bump:

Over all good game.:king:

5. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

So When Are the UPDATES going to be ready????:confused:

6. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

Bungus is died for this thread ....

Civ 4 now you should have ;)

7. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

This thread isn't dead, maybe slow, but the is still life here. ;)

Civ 4, I got it, but it keeps clashing the game. Late in the game so I can't finish a game. :cry:

So I play Civ 3 to have fun! :D And Bungus is still working this mod. :goodjob:

8. Lachlan

Lachlan Great Builder of Civs !

:eek: Bunguns is here !!! really ?

9. Nate128

Nate128 Bow to your king.

Perhaps I am just a moron, but I cannot figure out how to put this scenario where it belongs for it to work properly. Could someone please walk me through it:(

10. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

Hi Guys!!
    I died briefly. but on the 2nd day of Spring, I rose again.
    Now that I'm out of hibernation and my computer's running again and I finally have all the necessary files for the latest update (thanks Shiro), you can expect "Earth 2000.OneBillion+1 N.S.E." posted soon.
    There's some new leaderheads, graphics, and advances. But the biggest changes are to the gameplay and the way the AI civilization progress.

Nate128, you may or may not be a moron, but the E2K.OB SE patch installation certainly was convoluted. But you won't have to worry about that once I upload the updated mod in its entirety.

There will be no patch for this update, you'll have to download the whole 280 megs again. This is Bad news for anyone with a slow internet connection, as illustrated by this yellow circle-man's repeated bludgeoning of his skull:hammer2:

11. David Smith

David Smith Chieftain

I told you he didn't give up on this Mod.

Tell us how soon......:goodjob:

Super, :woohoo: I can hardly wait:worship:

12. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

Well don't quote me on this, but how's monday night sound?
    Provided the mod uploads smoothly and without issue, and Thunderfall is quick to put it on 3D Downloads (which he always is), I think Monday/Tuesday is a reasonable estimate.

13. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

Sorry guys, I'm feeling ill tonight so I postponing the update unitil tomorrow, maybe early if I feel better but still lousy enough to miss work

14. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

Update is uploading to 3DDownloads.com

The link should be up tomorrow.

15. Bungus

Bungus Chieftain

Okay, E2K.OB+1 is officially posted at 3ddowloads.
    I started a new thread for the updated mod to avoid confusion.
    PLEASE VISIT OUR NEW LOCATION:
    http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?p=3885725#post3885725
    So unless its a problem pertaining to this old version of the mod of which you have foolishly not updated, Post on the new thread.
    You could post on the new thread to tell me about all the crazy new adventures you will have. You could post on the new thread to give me suggestions about the E2K.OB+1. You could post on the new thread to tell me about your cat. JUST POST ON THE NEW THREAD!!