East Asia Mod testing

I played ~25 turns as the Qin and was suprised how easy it was to stay ahead in the tech race. I usually have to scramble...

It is one building. I just named it "bell tower" to shorten the file name. ;)

This structure is based on Bosingak, the drum and bell tower of Seoul.
I always thought they were two opposite towers? Ohwell, it looks good. :)

I played ~25 turns as the Qin and was suprised how easy it was to stay ahead in the tech race. I usually have to scramble...

What settings? (map, level)

This is probably because you can't trade the first row of techs. The ai suffers a bit from it, but it slows the usually fast tech rate in the first age. Did you get many techs from goody huts, or how did you aquire them?

Annam Swordsman and Bugis Warrior are missing graphics
I'm afraid someone else will have to make the Bugis Warrior. My life took a sudden shift ( a good one). At present I've gone from 20+ hours a week I could devote to "making", in large blocks of time, to maybe 5 hours. Given that, I can't learn Poser in a reasonable timeframe to make anything usable by others. I can, however, contribute things I already know how to make (such as a wonder splash for the great harbor, or any tech icons you still need done) since I can do those in smaller bursts.

I'm also playtesting the Indian civs & will post impressions & corrections.

That's ok Blue, any help is appreciated.

I need quite a few wondersplashes. I'll post a list later tonight.

What settings? (map, level)

This is probably because you can't trade the first row of techs. The ai suffers a bit from it, but it slows the usually fast tech rate in the first age. Did you get many techs from goody huts, or how did you aquire them?

Monarch (or equivalent) on the real map.
Yes, I did get two techs from goody huts. The rest I researched the old fashioned way...

I know you need a Great Harbor splash.

Here it is.
Thanks! :D

Monarch (or equivalent) on the real map.
Yes, I did get two techs from goody huts. The rest I researched the old fashioned way...

Ok, thanks for the notice, I'll try and keep an eye on if this gets reported more times, or if you just had a lucky shot. ;)

The nomads usually get quite a few techs from goody huts, were you also ahead of them?

As promised here are the wonder splashes I currently are missing/need. The ones bolded are more urgent than the others.

Qutub Minar
Military Academy
Treasury
Eightfold Path
Great Bath
Kutch Reservoirs
Mahabodhi Shrine
Shri Sammat
Rock Edicts
Baray
Heavenly Mandate

Sorry I didn't get it up before, but one of the guys I live with just got GTA4, so that ended up taking my entire saturday evening.

I'm working on the Era Splashes we Pmed about. I'm also sorting out images for the Indian & Buddhist wonders. Rock Edicts & Eightfold Path are the closest to being postable. In the meantime, here's a Goof Wonder that's been lingering on my computer since Halloween:

Spoiler :
"Ginza Godzilla" Wonder
increases commerce, but also corruption, and reduces resistance to propaganda.

Cool, now I just have to figure out which one to use. What do you prefer?

I've been playing a Mughal game for a while now, and noticed that it won't let me mine grassland even though the Civilopedia indicates that should be possible. Yes, I have mining. Bug?

I've got a game started as the Tibetans too, and so far I like this mod a lot. No impression yet on game balance, but I'm sure I'll have a nice little war going soon in one of my games.

BTW, so far I've had no problem staying ahead in the tech race, at Monarch. I set research at 70% even though I could run higher (are you going to limit that?) to simulate a "normal" research rate. I did pick up a few techs from huts, so that's part of the reason, but it seems easier to stay ahead than in the TAM games I've been playing recently.

Cool, now I just have to figure out which one to use. What do you prefer?
Personally, I think the one on the right. It's more clearly stone. Also, the script is Brahmi, the writing system used in Asoka's home territory (Magadha, in eastern India).

I wish I could have found a better image of one of the "Rosetta Stone" type inscriptions. They were multi-lingual, including a Greek translation.

I've been playing a Mughal game for a while now, and noticed that it won't let me mine grassland even though the Civilopedia indicates that should be possible. Yes, I have mining. Bug?

I've got a game started as the Tibetans too, and so far I like this mod a lot. No impression yet on game balance, but I'm sure I'll have a nice little war going soon in one of my games.

BTW, so far I've had no problem staying ahead in the tech race, at Monarch. I set research at 70% even though I could run higher (are you going to limit that?) to simulate a "normal" research rate. I did pick up a few techs from huts, so that's part of the reason, but it seems easier to stay ahead than in the TAM games I've been playing recently.

Yes mining on flat terrains have been disabled for gameplay reasons. I'll make sure to update the pedia. :)

Are you playing on the real map? I thiking there might be too mant goody huts on it, giving the early explorer an overpowering advantedge.

Personally, I think the one on the right. It's more clearly stone. Also, the script is Brahmi, the writing system used in Asoka's home territory (Magadha, in eastern India).

I wish I could have found a better image of one of the "Rosetta Stone" type inscriptions. They were multi-lingual, including a Greek translation.
I'll use the right one then. Thanks again.
Eightfold Path:

pic

Download page

Your on your own as far as choice this time. On the gripping hand, if you want something different just let me know.

Cool. I think I'll go for the right one again on this one, unless anyone objects.

Yes mining on flat terrains have been disabled for gameplay reasons. I'll make sure to update the pedia. :)

Are you playing on the real map? I thiking there might be too mant goody huts on it, giving the early explorer an overpowering advantedge.

Ah, good to know. I'll stop trying to mine the grasslands, then, and rethink city locations a bit.

I am playing on the real map, so far. IDK if it's got too many goody huts, or not. They seem pretty well dispersed, but maybe the AI isn't as aggressive at exploring as I was. There does seem to be a lot fewer barbarians than in the TAM games (real world maps, as well) I've been playing lately. I don't gather nearly as many freebies because of all the barbs in those games, but that may not be a fix you want for other reasons. Research does seem slower in this mod than other ones I've played, which does magnify the impact of large numbers of huts.

If the barbarians seem sparser it's not the mods fault but a bug in C3C. When playing custom maps in C3C in will use the barb setting from your last random map game.

Top Bottom