EFZI2- The PBEM!

Sated Alphas at the Weapons Range are beginning to be slain en masse. The building is expected to be liberated from the undead within the next 2-4 hours, with the smart money on 2.

Meanwhile a small group of zombies including a roaming Alpha is spotted near the bank. A number of zombies are killed, but the Roaming Alpha is unfortunately only redlined.

However, the Government would like to send it's deepest condolences to the families of the brave seamen aboard a battle cruiser that was sunk by some sort of Giant Squid. Despite having killed a large number of them on the Western Coast of the Island, the gamble taken to make it to the military base before more squids returned to the area unfortunately ended in failure.

Despite this setback, it seems that in general the tide is certainly turning against this menace.

GPS to Takhisis.

Attachments

• Bengal_Tiger of the Authorities, 10pm, Day 3.SAV
    269.7 KB · Views: 47
KPHRPI is now back in the air, with a word from our sponsors, the Tokugawa clan!
*catchy jingle music* There's a Sale at the Furniture Store and everything must go!

We'd like to make it known that our Council has decided to offer the Authoritarian faction a spotting service run by kids armed with stones and knife-wrenches, so as to keep better control on this infection. We don't know whether our hero Takhisis' offer has been accepted yet, we'll see later.

Our usual report from the front, as usual, more Zombies (8) are destroyed around the Hardware Store, and two more've been ambushed near the Armoury.
Our volunteers East by the Cinema are facing a dire fight, Comrade Parker Diamond managing to shoot down another Roaming Alpha trying to break through the circumvallation in order to assist the Bank Zombies. Curiously enough, there's no difference in activity from the tellers there.

Two or three Sated Alphas seem to have been shot down in the Cinema, together with previously kills this would leave the total amount of large Sated Alphas at 23, not counting the Roaming Alphas and other lesser Zombie forms. Something is afoot. We shall have Comrade Vuldacon rejoin the Volunteer Army so that he can examine the defences with his special capacities.

That's all, folks!

Two more fallen Alphas at the bank as well as a standard zombie outside.

Attachments

• lord_drake of the Company, 10pm, Day 3.SAV
    269.2 KB · Views: 44
The Factory is nearly ours. for some reason we have been calling it the Warehouse, which is under company control and thus we wouldn't be attacking them. Not much else happened and all is nearly quiet in that part of the island and soon we will need to get rid of more zombies else where. So it looks like we might be able to get rid of this Zombie nightmare very soon. When that happens we can have a party at my house where there is lots of food. Onto the Authorities.

Having killed all the Sated Alphas with sniper fire, Troop trucks and police cars are used to force their way into the Weapons range, running over a few zombie workers in the process.

One officer notices that there is anti-tank weaponry lying around, and wonders if it can be modified to fight zombies. Perhaps with a bit more time this can be done.

As to the offer made by some of the citizens of Paradise Island, the Authorities regret that their offer cannot be accepted on moral grounds. Using children in warfare goes against the morals of our government. While the situation may be desperate for some other factions, the situation on our end is not dire enough to resort to such drastic measures.

Other than that not much to report. GPS to Takhisis.

Attachments

• Bengal_Tiger of the Authorities, 12pm, Day 4.SAV
    267 KB · Views: 39
KPHRPI is now back in the air, with DJs Timothy 'Spunky Tim' Turner and Simon 'Ice' Petrikov.

First of all, it is recommended that the Farmers avoid the Armoury, some Zombie scum appear to be running wild around the place.

Also, some of the roadwork near the Conference Center hs been destroyed in the fighting -whoops!

There's a Sale at the Furniture Store and everything must go!

Two of the three Roaming Alpha Zombies were intercepted along their route south from the Detective Agency.

Drink Slurm™, distilled by the Company at the Paradise Island at the Nuclear Power Plant!
An energy drink for the ages!

Our investment of the Cinema continues, the place is crowded indeed, but many Alphas are at 25% of their health or less. We'd like to congratulate our volunteer armies on this magnificent development.

Bye for now, and… remain indoors!

Two more dead alphas and a lesser zombie outside the bank.

Attachments

• lord_drake of the Company, 12pm, Day 4.SAV
    265.2 KB · Views: 70
We have captured the Factory and now we can build some things of pleasure, to make this existence on the Island a little more bearable. the South West of the Island is clear and now we need to make an effort elsewhere. We are going to party like the Farmers only know how to. GPS to the Authorities.

GPS to Takhisis.

A platoon of National Guards is left to search for any leftover zombies at the Weapons Range that might be resisting, while the majority of the military force begins their assault on the Armoury.

Meanwhile in the city proper a few zombie stragglers are picked off by highway patrols, but there is a decent amount left prowling the apartment buildings, although they are unlikely to be a threat to any fortified building.

------------------------------

As an aside, I'm a little disappointed with difficulty of the zombies. By the time Zombiegeddon hits, it's likely the zombies will be rendered inconsequential. If we ever do an EFZI2 PBEM again, I think I'd want the difficulty set to max.(or even a human player:eek:)

Having 4 players capable of using bombard effectively makes it very hard for the AI to pose a real threat. In a single player game the zombies would have likely overrun a good number of other factions buildings by now, which would also help contribute to hordes of zombies. Right now I haven't seen any remotely threatening attacks for some time.

Attachments

• Bengal_Tiger of the Authorities, 2am, Day 4.SAV
    265.9 KB · Views: 49
Aye, I've noticed that it's not as hard as it should be. The biggest threat I have had to worry about about is basically rogue lesser zombies snatching an unprotected worker when I'm not looking.

Great Glory to our Volunteer Armies! Comrades Vuldacon and Tokugawa in person have rejoined the fighting at the front, helpign us achieve a decisive victory in the Cinematic front. Our priests are subsequently reconditioning and resurrecting anyone who still has a chance.

Now a word from our sponsors.
Drink Slurm™, distilled by the Company at the Paradise Island at the Nuclear Power Plant! An energy drink for the ages!

The Farmers, if any of them's sober enough to listen, should realise that there is a Roaming Alpha Zombie waiting to pounce on the Wild Boar Inn. Hopefully they don't try to eat it -disturbing rumours hace reached us of Zeb and his 'roadkill pies'.
Also, what is that old unarmed gentleman doing so close to the Zombies?

Remember, There's a Sale at the Furniture Store and everything must go!

As an aside, I'm a little disappointed with difficulty of the zombies. By the time Zombiegeddon hits, it's likely the zombies will be rendered inconsequential. If we ever do an EFZI2 PBEM again, I think I'd want the difficulty set to max.(or even a human player)
Bengal Tiger... This Game was made with a single Human Player in mind.

AI issues were taken into consideration concerning how fast the Zombies capture the Other Human AI Factions to allow the single human player better Game Play.

As you know, Lethal Shooting is for the Human Player, so the AI Human Player does not fair as well as the Human Player. Having four Lethal Shooting Human Players against the Zombies is really more of a "Turkey Shoot" :lol:

I believe I can make adjustments for a Special Biq that would offer better Game play for a PBEM using Four Human Players against the single AI Zombie Faction.

IF any of you guys will let me know how the Game Play has been and how it goes as you progress, that would certainly help.

If any of you will let me see your game with password, I would like to take a look at the game play.

classical hero, I agree... if you guys have any suggestions, comments or thoughts concerning the game play for PBEM play with this game...please let me know.

I will probably set up a Special Biq to be used for PBEM Games later so let me know how it goes.

By The Way.. I updated the Game again to correct some minor things. The Update will Not Affect your current Game as it mainly deals with Graphics.

We could just start a new game with the four of us playing against someone wimpy enough to take the best starting faction… where's KingArthur when you need him? ;)

I took a look at your Game as it stands at this point.

You Guys are Stomping the poor Zombies :lol:

... in general, the Zombies should have around 20 or more Buildings at Zombiegeddon (turn 70) and they only have 15 or 16 now (Turn 37). This is due to the fact that the Zombies cannot capture your buildings as they would IF your Factions were played by the AI. This as well as the Hordes of Lethal Shooting Units you guys have to Kill the Zombies with :)

It would indeed play better IF a Human Player also played as the Zombies, However, it would be tough to handle playing as the Zombies due to their Many Units.

I wonder if it's too late to switch the zombies to a human player for this game? I believe it's possible to do using the PBEM multitool.

If someone would be interested in taking the zombies, they'd be welcome to join, I think. I'd like to finish this game though either way. I'm sure the humans peace grows shakier every time the zombies grow weaker.

*facepalm*
Sorry guys I missed the email with the save in it.
I'll take care of it tonight.

Dead Zombies everywhere! At least 8 Alphas have fallen at the Bank and I expect to take it within the next few hours.

Attachments

• lord_drake of the Company, 2am, Day 4.SAV
    264.4 KB · Views: 91
Top Bottom