• Civilization 7 has been announced. For more info please check the forum here .

Egyptian War Plans

Chieftess

Retired Moderator
For this war, I'd like to have 11 more artillery, for a total of 30 (15 in 2 stacks). I'd also like a continued build of infantry, and cavalry.

This calls for:

30 artillery (15 in 2 stacks).
40 cavalry (20 in 2 stacks).
10 infantry (5 in each stack).

At best, the war will take 6 turns. At worst, it may take 10 turns, or more. We may or may not have the luxury of building tanks by the time this war is over, much less even a handful for the last few Egyptian cities.

The timeline is this:

- Take out Greece on turn 2 (signing an alliance with Egypt to take out the last Greek city, probably on turn 2 or 3, but sign the alliance before attacking any Greek cities on that turn). Rush a library in Knossos. (Knossos could be captured on turn 1, and hopefully, resistence ends on turn 2).

- Turn 3, and 4, build up the railnetwork, heal and assemble our troops.

- Turn 5, start to head for Egyptian cities.

We can either wait until turn 7 before Knossos expands (turn 6 if we rush a temple), or declare war, and head to the green dots with our infantry/cav/arty/worker stack.

The workers will continue to build the railnet in southern Egypt. After that, the workers can head back home, save for a set of rails in Giza (unless it's already railed).

The attacks will be based on this:

Send the infantry/artillery stack to the closest point at which it can bombard. In most cases, this means waiting the extra turn. Bombard, and then attack. If the Egyptian cities are filled with regular pikes, then we could be a bit more bold with our cavs. If they're on hills (as are Mephis, Lisht, Asyut, and Bursiris, use the artillery). Always bombard Muskets and Riflemen. Then, send in the cavalry. If we can bombard any more cities the next turn with unused artillery, then do so. Egypt already has 85% of their railnet in place.

Egyptian War Plan

Originally posted by Chieftess
For this war, I'd like to have 11 more artillery, for a total of 30 (15 in 2 stacks). I'd also like a continued build of infantry, and cavalry.

This calls for:

30 artillery (15 in 2 stacks).
40 cavalry (20 in 2 stacks).
10 infantry (5 in each stack).
You want these artillery and thus I changed (again - last time you wanted more infantry) the build queue for Cijam. The Cijam/Ooligaria combo will build an artillery every turn.

We currently have 58 infantry, 40 cavalry. Thus I don't understand why you ask for building infantry. Looking at these numbers, we should stop building infantry immediately and build only cavalry, because losses will mostly be cavalry, I suppose. And we may also want to build some cavalry armies.

I would not wait for Knossos to expand. I would not use the western spot in the desert, but on the hill next to it getting 50% defense increase. And we may not even need it, if we move enough cavalry to Edfu before capturing it and attack/capture Lisht from the south.

I think that our main priority should be cavalry. We can worry about defense later, after the conquest of Greece and Egypt is complete.

Top Bottom