eldar04 - Every Winner Loses

Here's the start:

And F10:

Let's see what's out there.

I guess we'll have better chances of finding a cow/wheat tile within radius if we stay put rather than walk to the ocean, so my take is to stay there and start working on the west BG, unless something more obvious comes up.
I'd also research pottery at max and go warr->gran first, assuming we don't get 3+ food tiles at arm's lenght.

Looks like fish by the river mouth. If we're not going coastal, I'd rather move 1SW so we don't get any coast tile in the 21.

I'd be more inclined to move to the coast and build a Curragh, but a Curragh won't be as effective as a non-Seafaring civ so inland works, too. Just don't stay put.

I thought move to coast, Warrior, Warrior, Curragh, Settler, might be a good sequence.

Finally kicked it off.

There wasn't much to log, so I didn't do a full log.

Highlights:
3950BC Founded Seoul by the coast. Build order was Warrior, Warrior, Curragh, Settler. Research was Pottery @ Max, currently Writing @ Max.

3150BC Curragh met a Scandinavian Warrior, they are up Masonry, CB, WC.

3050BC Popped a hut by Seoul, got Barbs. IT: Warrior redlined by a Barb.

Seoul is currently working the fish to get the extra gold for a turn; the Settler will still finish next turn. Granary would be a good build next, and I suggest the Settler goes to the Red Dot (below) - there's Game in one of the
Forests. Expand along the river SE of Seoul, and see what's across that narrow neck of land.

Neil. :cool:

I wanted to join too :( Did you miss my post earlier?

Hirachi Dinavo said:
I wanted to join too :( Did you miss my post earlier?

Sorry, you're in :) - here's the full roster anyroad:
eldar <- just played
Tubby_Rower <- up next
soul_warrior <- on deck
Hirachi Divano
Beorn-eL-Feared
Cuivienen

Ok got it finally. I had trouble getting to my computer yesterday and Tuesday I was travelling all day.

So Do we know yet who we are going to help win? Is it the first civ to be met? What is the chosen VC for our "buddy"?

We've only met Ragnar so far. I think we'll pass up trying to persuade that particlarly uncouth barbarian to do what we decide he's going to do (other than perhaps vacate the planet at the point of a pointy thing).

Do you have culturally linked starts on? If so it's surprising that we haven't met Mao or Ghandi yet.

No culturally-linked starts - that actually trips a bug that means all the meso-American civs start in the game with you.

I'm inclined to pick one of the Scientific civs, one on our continent, and of them all, I'd like it to be the Babs. Germany, I don't want to be around when they get Panzers. Ottos, the same with their Sipahi. They're both dangerous to contain in the late game.

SS is probably the best win to go for, but with the Babs, they're likely to get to 100K if we allow them to sprawl....

that actually trips a bug that means all the meso-American civs start in the game with you
really? I didn't know that. I've never noticed it. But then again, I don't know if I normally have it set or not.

Tubby Rower said:
really? I didn't know that. I've never noticed it. But then again, I don't know if I normally have it set or not.
If you had it, chances are you'd never ever be willing to play anything with the Aztecs and Incas in them. I would almost have quit once if I didn't find out about removing Culturally Linked Starting Positions ;)

2550 BC save

Not much happened. I lost the warrior by the barbs after healing him in our territory then taking out one of them. We met Spain They came from the south. The are up Masonry, WC, & CB. Vikings have The Wheel as well as all of Spain's techs. They also have 62 gold. It looks like they are going to be the early tech leader. I found Trondheim almost directly SE of us.

Founded the city on the grassland on the red dot. I'm using this city has built one warrior and in the process of building another. It should probably be a military factory occassionally squeezing out a settler or worker. Seoul is building a granary.

We have found wines SE-E of the warrior in eldar's picture above. Nothing much else has changed since we lost our scouting warrior and I didn't want to leave our two cities undefended since we are behind enough as it is.

eldar
Tubby_Rower <- just played
soul_warrior <- up next
Hirachi Divano <- on deck
Beorn-eL-Feared
Cuivienen

Yeah, we must be due Writing soon... see if we can find one of the Sci civs on our turf.

eldar04 - sw
pre turn - move the worker to connect pingpong. see that writing due in 29 (not 3, eldar ;) ) so i guess no deals yet.

1- move curragh
2- repeat. see pink borders - contact next turn.
3- we meet Mao. he is polite and has Mas, Wheel, WC and CB on us. what do they feed those china girls?
4- pingpong warrior > warrior (i wound have prefered a rax, but we need explorers NOW). worker finishes road and mines BG.
warrior heads SW (heh, heh, i slippied myself in)
5- movement
6- see a spanish wounded thug, i guess conan scratched him.
7- seoul granary > warrior (needs more pop. can squeeze it in now but will drop to 1 pop :nono: )
lower sci to 80 (due in 21 instead of 16, for a +1gpt instead of losing it)
8- pingpong warrior > curragh. warrior to scout SE.
9- seoul warrior > warrior (in 2) heads E.
10- worker moved to road game. conitued movement.

summary.
met Mao.
all up MAS, WC,CB. (mao also has Wheel), Ragnar now has IRON WORKING :suicide:

all i can say is... i pity the foooool (gold chains dangling and dingling)

our land

:banana::banana:

rightmost dot sounds like the most urgent, since :viking: could lay their hands on it - and that ain't no good for us

Got it----

Top Bottom