eldar04 - Every Winner Loses

I have to skip.... I found out today that I'm going to have too much work to play until the end of the week. Sorry :(

Got it, will play it tomorrow most likely.

I'd race for the wines and go more about growth after. I'd be for a chop chop of the game forest since it has plenty of shields as is and it could make a beautiful 6-turner. All inputs welcome.

1- Start chopping. Seoul Warrior -> Settler. Fortify warrior for MP.
2-Movement
3-PingPong curragh -> granary
4-Movement
5- Spot Spanish borders and incense right by. I take it they will settle there before settling on wines and gamble to finish a long awaited barrack in Seoul before the next settler. Jumbo will play cross-check if he needs to. Magellan the intello westmost scout fortifies near a barb camp. Send one MP from Seoul to PingPong(renamed officially), he'll be there next turn. Lux up.

IBT Spanish settler comes near the incense

6- Lux and Sci down 1 notch. Irrigating the game. Spot a :viking: scout ALL the way down where our curragh is.

IBT Spanish settles on the incense. Sweat bullets now start to calm down on my neck, still have vikings to race however.

7- 60/30 budget for happiness. Looking forward to squeeze a couple workers off Seoul.

IBT Magellan survives some barbs, fortified to rest.

8- Jumbo spots wines, a :viking: settler and a random barb. There's fresh meat on the table tonight most likely.

IBT Fresh meat was the barbs, eaten by a :viking: warrior. Vikings settle on their wines.

9- Irrigation done, PingPong now has +4fpt, growth in 1, granary in 9
10- 1750BC Granary and growth in 5 for PingPong, I'd watch it so it doesn't make the granary after growing. Man they're all rich bastards. Settler in 1 at Seoul. Barracks ready. Need MP and workers from Seoul, start to think 6-turn factory for PingPong. We might have a shot at the western incense if we play our things carefully, and that'd be sweet.

A more general long term question: should we expand wide and backfill or place cities more closely together, after the wines city?

so we're building settlers in both cities? that's good. How's the tech trading situation lining up? What level is this again? Are we trying for the Republic slingshot I assume??

This is Emperor. If we can MM the Granary to finish the turn before growth, that's optimal.

I think it'll be a problem to get granary finished before growth, without delaying it. If we can, it'll be by MM'ing a mined BG off Seoul. Beware of the invisible bonus grasses, I don't know for you guys but they didn't show up to me.

Trading situation is: they are rich, we are not. That simple. Haven't got a worker trading opportunity either. Emperor is the diff level.

:bump:
eldar <- on deck
Tubby_Rower
soul_warrior
Hirachi Divano
Beorn-eL-Feared <- just played
Cuivienen <- up now

I PM'ed Cuivienen earlier this morning around 8am EDT ( ~ 4 hours ago). I'm not sure if she is going to respond or not. It'll be a week tomorrow from the last save that was posted. Do we want to skip her or wait another day? I'm not giving up on this game if I have to play it, post it, talk to myself, then play the next set.

lmao tubby, I guess we should skip ... there's no 24/72 rule posted, but after a week, I wouldn't feel guilty for her :rolleyes:

Sorry, I've not been very good at keeping tabs on my own game... too wrapped up in others! It's a definite skip, I'll get this moving again this evening. I'm postponing my start of GOTM42 'til my wife flies out to see her folks on Wednesday ;)

Sorry about this, I lost computer privileges for the past week. I'll be back on Monday.

Cuivienen said:
Sorry about this, I lost computer privileges for the past week. I'll be back on Monday.
Any news on the grounded front???? Does this Monday have a month associated with it?

Grr. I keep forgetting to start this ball re-rolling. And I won't be able to this evening, either.

Tubby Rower said:
Any news on the grounded front???? Does this Monday have a month associated with it?
and i thought i was sarcastic :rolleyes: . have some mercy on the poor girl. imagine a whole week with no civ, and cringe in fear :lol:

I didn't mean to be so harsh but if she couldn't play she should have at least had the courtesy to let us know. I feel bad for her for not being able to play, but I'm sure that something was done (or not done) to deserve it. As a fairly new parent, I'm starting to lose sympathy for the disciplinee.

I've lost my disciplinee sympathy a couple years ago and I don't quite have kids yet ... so the month thing is a really good one from my standpoint :rotfl:

Top Bottom