elder scrolls mod development thread

Yeah, that's perfect, go for it!

Also, I've been thinking:

imperials: the imperial dragon

altmer: (something I've found... maybe a vanilla flag would be better though)

bretons: (some medieval flag, idk)

khajiit: the moons, though I don't know how to represent that in 2 colors

orcs: someone from the imperial library site made this, but I can't get an answer whether I can use it or not... Still, I already added it to the mod, But I just messed something with the colors, so it is in the civilopedia but not in the game...

Attachments

• big_Morrowind Sign01.gif
    big_Morrowind Sign01.gif
    4.8 KB · Views: 638
  • crown.wings.stencil.product.jpg
    crown.wings.stencil.product.jpg
    13.9 KB · Views: 701
  • breton.JPG
    breton.JPG
    3.3 KB · Views: 580
  • 20120124130020!Skyrim_Moons.png
    20120124130020!Skyrim_Moons.png
    199 KB · Views: 594
  • orcish2.png
    orcish2.png
    40.9 KB · Views: 548
I'll try, though the last one and the 3rd one might be hard as they are wery advanced and large and therefore not that representable on a small CivIV flag. I suggest maybe only using the axes or the shield or something for nr. 3.

I'll try nr. 5 though and see how it turns out.

Here's the try on the Orcish, I'll upload it if you like it. As you see in the picture it gets a bit blurred out from distance, but otherwise looks fine.

Attachments

• Orcish.jpg
    Orcish.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 257
I'll upload them when they're all ready

For khajite, how about two circles, one larger than the other, to representent those two moons?

I'll upload everyone when they're finished :)

About Hammerfell, what exactly do you think people think of when thinking about that Region and the people living there? What would be representative for the people living there you think? That could be more than enough to base a flag on.

uhm... let's see, desert, fierce warriors who came from another continent and conquered hammerfell from the orcs (a legend says they arrived covered with blood), kind of arabic architecture, the dichotomy between crowns and forebears (2 groups, though Idk how to represent that), swordsingers ("who can cut the uncuttable"), supposedly don't like magic.

Actually maybe this can be their flag. It's some yokudan starmap from the game redguard.

I'll try that flag later on, and see if it fits, but it might be a bit advanced. We'll have to wait and see for that one. And BTW, the breton flag turned out to look more like a crab, so that one was surely to advanced. I have a crown-flag using the english symbol from Civ5 though, if you'd like that one, and the Axes or the Shield could also be used stand-alone for the symbol.

For people who played this (reminder - download here)
there were 43 downloads - if 5 of you really played it, I need feedback and suggestions:

- game balance
- late game
- map - would it be better for dunmer to start in vvardenfel? and\or to make some land bridge?
- altmer - are they too isolated? I'm thinking of allowing to transport settlers way earlier.
- units
- improvements
- bosmer and argonian game experience - should be very different
- tweaking the orcs... I'm thinking of disabling settlers for them (so they'll can only capture cities), in exchange for huge bonuses in their capital.

Well, in my scenario flag-test games none of the civs started on their correct placement in the map. Dunno if this si supposed or not, but from the DL page I assume not.

I enjoyed it playing as the orcs, however the orc leader trait gives them +12234345675456 great people birth rate. your literally getting a great person every turn after a while.

weird

did you choose custom scenario --> tamriel9 map ?

Yup, just did a second try as the Imperials and ended up in the northeastern corner of the map

I don't know :confused::confused::confused:
It works for me. I had this mod merged

It includes an altered CvEventManager.py
plus a new python file StartingPointsUtil.py
and an xml file xml/start_pos/Tamriel9_StartingPoints.xml

do you have them there??

Well, they should be there and I have no idea what's wrong.

I enjoyed it playing as the orcs

Courahee, can you tell Where did the civs in your game start?

Top Bottom