Elect a Team Captain

Sommerswerd

Shades of the Sun
Supporter
Post here if you want to be a Candidate in the Team Captain election poll.

From the "Team AMAZON" thread in the UN forum...
-------- Officer - Captain
We can elect a Captain who will be responsible for moderating team disputes, including poll related disputes (like the legitimacy of a poll). Everyone should respect their fellow AMAZONs, and try not to name-call, insult or be condescending towards teammates especially their teammates ideas/suggestions/questions. Although tempers and passions may flare at times (especially on a team that polls frequently), the Captain will be responsible for keeping the threads on-topic, respectful, productive, and generally for keeping the team running smoothly. The Captain (or some other elected Officer) will have tie-breaking power on closed, tied polls.

Up to this point, I have been acting as Team Captain. However, in true AMAZON form, we should be free to Elect a Team Captain if we so choose.

If there is only one contender, we don't need an election, but if there are at least two contenders, we will have an election, and our Team Captain will be official :clap:

Hmm, nothing to vote with just one candidate... :p

I hereby declare myself as candidate for the Team Captain role

--- promotional ---
As a 38 year old father so I have more then enough experience in settling issues between my three kids.

Besides that I've showed amazingly forum activity with almost 400 posts sinds 2006... uhh... never mind. :confused:

But wait, there is more if you just keep reading. I have a disarming username and avatar. Always good in settling issues! :cute:
--- end of promotional ---

I would offer myself as a candidate, if I didn't think that these two would both do an excellent job.

I will say that I intend to put a lot of effort into helping Team AMAZON to the best of my abilities. No need for me to have any official position, but I am willing to accept whatever responsibilities the team might need me to take on. If anyone needs help with anything team-related let me know. I can play turns once I figure out how, or take screenshots, or set up polls. I have plenty of free time at the moment, so please let me know if I can help with anything.

I will be a candidate:

I plan to be very active and have a lot of free time. I have always liked making sure people are doing well and punishing people who do wrong. I am always been decent at CIV and can make the right choice in tied polls. I have been on these forums for about 2 years and know the dos and the don'ts. I usually check the forums every hour ( :p) so nothing bad will last long and help will come fast.

How long will this position be available before polling?

How long will this position be available before polling?
If you are wanting to poll this now... I was just trying to wait for people to get a chance to say that they want to be candidates, but I guess we can start the election now if you like. Everyone on the team knows about the private forum by now.

Since any AMAZON can call for a poll on any disputed issue, I guess we can always have another election later if others come forward saying they want to be elected Captain.

I will put up the poll now.

If you are wanting to poll this now... I was just trying to wait for people to get a chance to say that they want to be candidates, but I guess we can start the election now if you like. Everyone on the team knows about the private forum by now.

Since any AMAZON can call for a poll on any disputed issue, I guess we can always have another election later if others come forward saying they want to be elected Captain.

I will put up the poll now.

Can candidates vote?

Yes of course. We are AMAZONs! AMAZONs can (and do) always vote!:goodjob:

I recommend in ANY election, that you should ALWAYS vote for yourself;) (if you are a candidate).

Who wouldn't :crazyeye:

Top Bottom