HUSch

Secret-monger
We meet them 1240 BC

Here will stand only the real communications with the team SANCTA
Discussion is here

We get this
Memphus said:
Hey Guys ~

Just wanted you to know i misclicked in the game. No point asking for a reload as it is easily fixed IMO.

I was takigng a screenshot (to show that we have met your glorious civ). I then wanted a screenshot of the diplomacy page, (to see if we could maybe share knowledge)

unfortunately I forgot to let go of the "Alt" Key inbetween these 2 operations, so when i clicked on your civ....war ensued.

Now being an hoenst mistake I simply offered a cease fire as that would put us back into the exact same. (however if you prefer peace for 10 turns we could do that too)

Thanks for understanding my bobble.

Memphus
and responded
DaveShack said:
Thanks for the alert, and greetings! A more formal message will follow once our diplomatic office recovers from the shock. :lol:

Our team gmail is Team.Mad.Scientists@gmail.com.

Dave

Next reply
Memphus said:
Hey Dave ~

Yes Once I recover from my public humiliation at our Office I am sure great prosperity between our people will ensue.

Our Team meail is:
teamSANCTA@gmail.com

Memphus

The first formal letter from SANCTA:

Namaste HUSch,
The Ninjas salute the brilliant Mad Scientists.

We are most pleased to have met your people, and everyone from the Mighty Shogun to the humblest ninja-in-training apologizes for our gross diplomatic negligence in our first contact. Praise Sullla, no one actually died!

You have gained great favor with the ninja people with your respectfulness towards our worker. We will not soon forget your graciousness in heading east rather than north.

As Shogun Memphus told you, to the immediate north of your scout there is nought but jungle and then our territory blocking all further access. If it's still relevant and of interest to you when one of us learns paper – we will gladly provide a screenshot of the territory you missed exploring due to honoring our request. Just remind us when the time comes!

Or – if you'd like to scout further north with our blessing – we'd be happy to sign a peace treaty with you (as soon as the game allows it anyway) and cement the general goodwill between our peoples.

As a "free-of-charge" scouting tip: to your east lies forest and jungle hills – and unexplored territory that is (as far as we can see) open and unblocked for your scout to explore.​

Since it would appear that neither of us have knowledge of Alphabet yet – we don't really have opportunity to make any deals. But when the time comes, please know that you have friends in the halls of the Ninja.

Let us know what you think about the formal peace treaty, and any other ideas on your mind.

-- General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA.

An accident war
Response of peace and goodwill
Diplomacy starts.

Formal Letter from General_W:

Namaste Peter.
The Ninjas salute all the Mad Scientists.

Since Ninja General_W (who does not speak about himself in the third person), has continually failed to catch up with Peter Grimes – we decided the time had come to just write a formal letter.

A Glorious Era of Peace
First – let us extend our thanks for the new peace treaty. We salute you as friends and look with great optimism towards the future of our two peoples. We still haven’t seen that officially signed version… so we’ve taken the liberty of drafting a seal you may want to use. If you like it – it’s yours royalty free! ;) We can even send you higher resolution versions if you’d like. The Ninjas are a formal people, and we put great stock in proper ceremony… so we humbly request that you please attach this seal (or one of your own devising) and return the treaty at your earliest convenience.

The Others
Peter asked about the ones called “Cavaleiros” – and if we had attacked one of their explorers. We have done no such thing. To the contrary, we have tried several approaches to build a friendly relationship with them, and been continually rebuffed. Rather than work with us – they opted to declare war and move through our territory that way. While there have been no “real” hostilities yet, things aren’t exactly friendly.

But beyond any petty squabbles over workboats and exploring – our wisemen (those who watch the tea leaves for hints about the goings-on in strange lands) have observed a series of trades and behaviors between the Cavalerios and the Kazakhs. We’ve mentioned this before, and don’t want to belabor the point… we just want to emphasize our belief that we have a natural opportunity to cement an alliance to counter-balance an emerging technology powerhouse. Togeather, they're going to be very powerful, as just this turn - we observed the Kazak economy soar past the 100 GNP mark (must have built an academy?). We also have some concern that the Cav-Kaz alliance may try to trick you into helping them in their push for Civil Service. We just want you to be aware that anything you help them with will almost certainly flow to the other team. (example: we believe you traded Iron Working to the Cavaleiros, who then turned around and immediately gave it to the Kazaks. Unless we misread your involvement there?)

The Big Idea
So here’s what we’re thinking – we haven’t fully formulated this yet (hence our desire to chat more informally… but oh well) – but we want to get this out on the table so we can start talking business. We’d like a tech alliance with you. We’re willing to beeline straight to alphabet (and indeed, we’ve started working on writing already). We’re willing to trade you writing, alphabet, Metal Casting, etc… the whole of Ninja knowledge. In exchange we’d like any knowledge you have that we lack – and to form a tech-trading embargo against the Cav-Kaz alliance. Hopefully – one of us will find Saturn soon, and we could bring them in on this deal so that we don’t end up on the wrong side of a 3v2 world.

Obviously this is just a starting point. We very much would like to hear what you think about such an idea and how we can best make it work for you.

Looking forward to hearing back from you soon.

Your friends,
General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Peace is now certain
But threatening clouds gather
Join hands for success.

For your consideration:

Personal letter to me, from General_W:

Namaste Peter.
The Ninajs salute the Mad Scientists.

So, here’s pretty much where we’re at:
  1. March 3 Contact between Mad Scientists and SANCTA. Chat in-game with HUSch. Formal letter sent.
  2. March 4 Positive response from MS. Peace negotiations start.
  3. March 7 Formal peace treaty sent from SANCTA to MS for signature.
  4. March 9 After 2 days of silence, General_W sends a note to Peter asking to chat.
  5. March 12 After 5 days of silence, General_W sends another note to Peter asking for a response of any kind.
  6. March 13 Finally receive an informal note saying MS likes the treaty. Promises that, “Signed copy will follow this weekend at the latest.” (ie, tomorrow or the next day)
  7. March 17 After 4 days of silence, General_W sends an official note asking about the treaty and other issues. A sample seal to sign the treaty is provided to try to help.
  8. March 25 After 12 days of silence, General_W asks Peter in a chat if we’re being avoided on purpose. Peter offers to chat that night. [didn’t happen]
  9. March 27 2 more days, and counting, of total silence.

Is that about right?

We like to think we’re not dense… and this looks like a pretty clear message.
Are we wrong?

-- General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

I figured we'd better send some kind of reply. Given the almost complete lack of discussion the past few days (completely understandable given Peter's impossible work situation and HUSch's vacation) I decided to jump in there with this:

Joshua, Honorable Ninjas of SANCTA,

As best we can tell, Peter's RL boss has been intercepting carrier pigeons and eating them for lunch.
We were under the impression that the treaty had been considered to be signed and delivered.
Our apologies for not attaching an official seal and returning it.

The Mad Scientists are very interested in continued cordial relations with SANCTA. Please do
not misinterpret silence for disagreement with the diplomatic process or lack of desire to negotiate.

Several of our scientists have had urgent matters which impeded our ability to concentrate on this
to the extent that we would wish. For example, I had to spend several days caring for hospitalized
family and friends. Even now as I write it, I regret not being able to respond sooner, but I got to it
as soon as feasible.

Soon we will be able to put this period of difficulty behind us and return to prompt communications.
I will be watching for pigeons to ensure their messages are not intercepted. And maybe Peter's
boss will find a diet more to his liking in the coming days.

Best regards for continued friendship,
DaveShack of the Mad Scientists

P.S. I'm not the most eloquent guy on the team, but hope it's at least a little entertaining. ;-)

In-game message from Memphus.

Hey Guys ~
We are trying to get G_W to write a message in time, but if not plase don't move SW NW with you warrior next turn
We have a worker on the borders there, which we could defend with an axe, but have a barb threat in the other direction
so ideally we want to kill the barb before it wreck our improvement
SW W would be a great move for us to show your peaceful nature.

Letter from General_W, I think it came in yesterday??

Namaste DaveShack and Peter,
The Ninjas saulte the Mad Scientists.

We’d like to ask a small favor of you as friends.

We would be grateful if you did not move your scouting warrior to a tile adjacent to our borders for the next turn. (ie, don’t move SW into the forest, then NW into the desert). We have a worker there, and would consider it a show of good faith if you gave us some space while we wait for you to officially ratify our peace treaty.

Thank you!
General_W, Daimyo of State, SANCTA

Small deeds can add up
Seeds of friendship planted, grow
Greater things await

Krill said:
Namaste MS,

SANCTA was wondering if MS would like to trade a few technologies? We were considering either of these deals:

Tech for Tech
SANCTA gives Aesthetics and Literature
MS gives Horseback Riding

or

Tech for Gold
SANCTA gives Aesthetics and Literature,
MS gives 130 gold

We hope you find the offers pleasing.

SANCTA

Beauty, artistry,
Emotional ideas
unparalled thoughts