Emp. Players: Let's Try Deity!

nice! 3 luxes! lizzie dont' know what's gonna hit her...

might be interesting to send a horsey (if you have one, I don't remeber) into lizzie's territory to see what's guarding her cities - pikes or muskets.

Excellent! I was afraid we'd end up with 8 turns of anarchy. After playing around with the sliders, I found out that with 1 clown in Bursa and 1 taxman in Istanbul, Edrine, and Izmit, we can run 10% lux with +7 gpt. As expected, unit support's killing us right now, but once we build markets and aqueducts, that'll be less of a problem. We should trade for polytheism as soon as we can afford it and hope for feudalism or engineering as our free tech. With at least one of those, and after building some maces or trebs, we should be ready for war with England.

nice! 3 luxes! lizzie dont' know what's gonna hit her...

might be interesting to send a horsey (if you have one, I don't remeber) into lizzie's territory to see what's guarding her cities - pikes or muskets.

Remember that we're dealing with a Deity level AI. Even if we completely surprise Lizzy, she is probably going to have six or seven defenders in each city. I wouldn't be surprised to see rifles defending.

0- MM some, but things look bleak. Two Civs (China and Sumeria) are already in the IA.

IBT- China has Cavs and Rifles

1- Continue Fortress and Barricade building.

IBT- Konya completes marketplace.

2- Not much

IBT- Izmit completes marketplace.

Sumer founds an embassy.

3- zzz

IBT- England moves a pike into our territory.

4- England only has pikes defending in Newcastle.

China and Sumeria are at war.

5- BUT England has Muskets in Hastigns.

I bet the saltpeter is on the mountain 2S of Hastings.

Egypt signs MA with Sumeria against China!

6- Sumeria is building Rails.

IBT- Usdudar produces a market.

7- zzz

8- zzz

9- We get some GPT back.

The Save

Well, we knew about China and Sumeria being in the IA--not much we can do about that, other than hope that the war between those two civs is long and indecisive. Fortunately, we'll be in the MA soon: after checking the save, I found that we can either buy polytheism from Egypt for 17 gpt or research it ourselves in 4 turns at 30% science and -10 gpt. I'd prefer self-research since it's cheaper overall (256 gold total vs. 340) and would leave us in a better position to buy, research, or maybe steal another tech. Of course, we should only try to steal from England and only when we're ready for war.

Sir Bugsy, you're up next. Be certain to make appropriate sacrifices to the RNG gods so that we don't get monotheism as our free tech.

Am so excited to see what happens - I predict a bloody war and some nervous moments.... but I think it will be more successful than you all fear.

Pre-flight – 750 AD – I don’t think I have ever been this far behind ever. We are still AA and everyone else is IA. Push science to get poly in four. Sumeria is a monster. They may just swallow China whole and win a domination victory.

770 – Our dinky boat stumbles across a pirate. I think we’re toast.

IBT – Yeah. We are toast. Dinky boat gets a choice spot in Davy Jones’ Locker.

780 – We can do three turns of negative cash flow and one of positive.

IBT – We finally enter the MA. Poly =>Theology Monotheism was our free tech. Since we got it we might as well go for education and universities. Due in 12.

790 – I see what kind of deals we can get. The best offer for Theology is 41gpt & 130G (950G total) It will cost us 792G to research it ourselves.

810 – England and Sumeria sign an MPP. Lizzy then declares on Mao. We could get in on the action for WM & 4G. What a great deal!

820 –

IBT – One benefit of Lizzy declaring war is that she has greatly reduced the number of troops on our northern frontier. Not that it matters much. BTW, I saw an English rifle.

IBT – Gilamesh signs Cathy into a MPP. Looks like it will be a nearly full dogpile on Mao. We’ll be the only ones not participating. Cleo demands TM & 25G. OK.

840-

IBT – This is obviously pick on Osman season. Lizzy demands TM & 23G.

850 –

After Action – Nothig has changed, so no picture. Our economy continues to improve. Theology is due in 5 now with positive cash flow. Start pre-building some universities as soon as Theology comes in. We are only one age behind. I think with some astute MM and universities we can catch up by the time everyone gets to the modern age.

Save: http://forums.civfanatics.com/uploads/32851/Osman_-_850_AD.SAV

Sir Bugsy said:
We are still AA and everyone else is IA.
Not quite: England's still in the MA, but much farther along than we are, of course. That must've been a musket you saw, or maybe somebody else's rifle.

We just had to get monotheism, didn't we? :mad: Oh, well--that being the case, going for education could be the best move. It also looks like we might have to put off going to war until we have Sipahi, but it's hard to say right now.

One bit of good news: Sumeria's in Fascism. That should at least slow down their tech pace. Also, I don't think taking over China would put Sumeria over the domination limit--they're only at 32%, and China has less land. China and Russia might do it, though. Also, maybe we ought to track Sumeria's culture per turn--they're already over 37000 total. Not that we can do anything about it, of course, but it would be useful to know.

Unless Lkysam or Vind2 pops in, I'm up. I plan to finish theology, start on education, and continue building infrastructure. I think a beeline to MT and a Sipahi rush would be best after that. I'll play Saturday if there's no word from the other two.

First off, the save: View attachment Osman_950_AD.SAV

Preflight: make geek in Ankara to prevent riots
IBT:
-renew 2-lux deal with Egypt fpr WM, 24 gold, and 21 gpt
-Konya walls (walls?)-> wealth
1:
-change geek to clown in Edrine to prevent riots
-send workers toward Antalya to irrigate (needs food surplus when aqueduct finishes)
IBT:
-renew gems deal with Sumeria for 14 gpt, 6 gold, and WM--Sumeria is now polite
-Antalya riots--make geek
-Kafa courthouse->aqueduct (17)
2: sci to 40, theo in 2, -15 gpt
IBT: zzz
3:
-problem with irrigating Antalya--nothing to irrigate from! :blush: ;send workers toward Istanbul to chain irrigation to Antalya
-sci to 20, theo still in 1, +31 gpt
IBT:
-learn theo, education in 8 with sci at 40, -15 gpt (cheaper to self-research than to buy)
4:
-not much--England's in the IA now
5:
-start irrigation chain toward Antalya
IBT: Antalya aqueduct->market (20)
6: zzz
7:
-add worker to Antalya, change geek to clown to prevent riots
-switch Mugla from wealth to aqueduct
IBT:
-Bursa riots; change geek to clown
8: make geek in Kafa to prevent riots
IBT:
-England and Russia sign MPP
-Izmit aqueduct->wealth
9: zzz
IBT: sci to 30, education in 2, +20 gpt
10: zzz

A fairly uneventful turnset, but I got a little careless in places. We're 2 turns from education, and I'm assuming we'll beeline for MT and get some sipahis ready after that. One thing I should mention, though: I tracked Sumeria's culture during this set, and it went up at an average of about 633 per turn. They're at 43,570 now, which means that they'll pass 100k in less than 100 turns. That doesn't necessarily mean they'll win, of course--Egypt might have more than half that then. Also, it looks like Sumeria's winning the war with China, but it's taking them a while.

Pre-turn
change wealth cities to colloseum as pre-build
960AD
Ankara market->duct
970AD
education in set science towards MT feud in 8 @30%
Iznik duct->market
change colosseums to uni's
join some workers to lower support science to 40% feud in 6
980AD
Denzili market->duct
IBT
Egypt build Shakespear
990AD
Join some more workers, MM some cities
1000AD
feud in 2 now
1010AD
Create all taxman
1020AD
feud in engineering in 5 @50%
Instanbul uni->wealth
Suez duct->uni
Mugla duct->uni
join worker to Mugla, change taxmen back now engineering in 4
1030AD
Edrine uni->wealth
1040AD
Kafa duct->market
IBT
Chinese establish embassy
1050AD
Lower science and change some scientists to taxmen again, engimeering next turn

We still pay 24gpt unit support, but will complete the last 2 ducts in the next turnset getting it down to 16gpt.
Lux deal with Egypt will stop so next player will need to renew that.

View attachment Osman_1050_AD.SAV

Top Bottom