Emperor Cookbook IV: Suryavarman II

pnaxighn

Spoiler :
Yeh, that's a great site for Moai / NE. 4x 6 food tiles would make such a sick GP farm but yea, in order to build anything you really do need Moai there. At the time of saving I currently had 2 settlers on a ship next to the large island, one of which is actually going to claim that fishy spot :)

Seems a good round.
Spoiler :

I teched towards the oracle and built it taking asthetics. (Wanted SW wonder). My first GS i used on an academy.

Teched towards sailing and built GLH below capital.

I then tech maths followed by alphabet. Use GS for philosophy. Founded my first religion.

Researched COl founding a second religion. Currency too.

Researched theology. (third religion founded.)

I have built the SW in capital.

Also just built hanging gardens in capital. I teched for music and I have a GA in capital with a GS waiting to be used.

In terms of tech trading. I have traded for monarchy, iron working, construction and poly. Most Ai seem to be 4 techs behind me. I an 5 turns from paper. One Ai has Civil service, HBR and calender.

Next build would be Glib in capital and NE. Overall science is about 140 beakers a turn.

Military is an issue but I have mostly spammed island with 8-10 cities. I delayed hanging gardens a turn so my new city could be laid. ;)

I am quite happy with this. Steel liberalism with gunpowder approach next.

No one has built the mids yet either!! :eek::eek:

Have to say I am really pleased with that round having viewed it again.

My 2. round (400AD)

Spoiler :

Put fishing boat to auto-explore and switched research to CoL-line. Met Suleiman. CoL allowed some tech trading - luckily Gil had Monarchy already so it payed of to research CoL and not Monarchy. Then Aestethics, traded it for Math and then Civil Service

View attachment 203037

View attachment 203038

View attachment 203039

View attachment 203040

Fish boat found Ragnar and Monte, both were pissed of for trading with enemies. :rolleyes:

View attachment 203041

View attachment 203042

So now I have 6 cities, and 7th is just about to be founded. Some may say that's not much, but I don't see reason for REXing here. Barbs delayed the 7th city and caused some other minor trouble. Luckily an archer got Drill 3 and unlocked HE. A tech lead is clear I think. Free artist from Music is likely to come, liberalism prereqs expect education (delayed it so most of it can be bulbed by a GS) are researched.

View attachment 203043
View attachment 203044
View attachment 203045

Spoiler :
Nearly missed your round. Its a different approach to mine but with 2 cities set to commerce instead of production you really have cranked the science up.

The other debate your game brings up is the rex vs science. Whats the right level? Does it really matter if you are on your own island? Then again if you have TGL the cities should pay for themselves.

You can easily expand to 10-12 cities but this in turn reduces your science.

You still have the GP farm approach to use. It looks like you have held back from this.

On the plus side you have paper/civil service and soon to tech Music first.

Many more saves like this will make voting realy interesting!!

It will be interesting to see what the other saves bring this round.

Get posting people. :)

Spoiler :
I started with a change of direction. I switched research to Sailing in order to get bigger trade routes, switched to slavery, began building libraries and explored using my second work boat. After sailing, I went for Iron Working (for defence) and then Mathematics and currency (to increase trade). I then researched towards iterature (for the GL which I completed in AD 70), towards CS (for Bureaucracy) and currently towards Education. I established a couple of overseas cities, but these are weak and would fall very easily if attacked. I captured a barb city in the north east of our home island. This was expensive and I'm not sure it was worth it.

Following some discussion in another thread, I decided to try using my GS to lightbulb technologies - Alphabet and Philosophy. I was able to do a little trading (Mysticism, Meditation, Priesthood and subsequently Masonry, Monarchy and Polytheism). Close to the end of the round I traded for Construction, Metal casting, Horseback riding, Machinery, Music (with monotheism as a make weight) and Feudalism.

My feeling is that things went reasonably well at first, but then fell apart.
RJM

Attachments

• RJM ECIV AD-0400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    230.3 KB · Views: 72
Emporer's cookbook IV Round 2

Spoiler :
1st thing I do is adopt Slavery and whip out some Granaries, 1 archer to each city with a warrior back up as well, if not 2 or more fog busting.

As well I know where another civ is, so I wont' “cheat” and use my knowledge, along with 2 of their cities.

I have a barb archer beeline Angkor Wat , and is defeated by the combat promoted Warrior, lucky as the archer is 1 turn away.

925 BC- First to Alphabet, and I look to trade, barb axemen have just started to show up.

900 BC- I Met Charlie boy, and we hold Monopoly on Alphabet.

As of 800 BC I've not meet Monty, Charlie boy, Ragnar, Gilly, and Sully, and I hold a monopoly on Alphabet, which I try to hold while trading Writing & sailing to Charlie for Iron working.

And we have 2 sources of Iron :woohoo:

I select Metal casting, as I don't want another 'GLH' fueled win on this. I thought we'd try something different, no Pyramids either.

650 BC I whip capital for 2 for setter and Angkor Wat for galley, to settle Cow/horse on next continent. I WANT HORSES.

I hit Ice blockade at the Far South Western edge of the 3rd land mass. I start back, only having found Monties homelands. We still have Monopoly on Alphabet. No trades worthwhile, only Maths is out with 2, who both won't trade it. Going for metal casting, I should have gone Currency 1st, error.

440 BC Our first Great Scientist greats an Academy in the capital, I then think I should have settled in future science city..Duh...Takes 1 turn of Metal Casting.

350 BC I break our monopoly on Alphabet for Maths and Myst with Gill, as I realize, that Monarchy is available, and I”ll need to trade up to it. Doh. Too slow..should have done back in 800 when 2 adopted monarchy together.

325 BC I trade amongst the Jewish tribe, haven't adopted as yet, but probably will, trade Alpha for meditation, Poly and Masonry to Charlie.

Another reason is that all the Jew's are in Hereditary rule, so only have Monarchy. Next trade is to Gilgamesh Poly for Priesthood, Monarchy is next.

35 BC I trade Currency to Gilly for Monarchy and 40 gold, WHICH WAS WRONG, I meant to trade for Construction....:gripe:

That's totally ruined my focus, and messed up my game completely, at war with Ragnar due to Charle's request, built Forges all over.

10 AD- Charlie comes by and saves my Arst...offering Construction and 15 gold for Currency..Thanks Charles.

70 AD- I decide to chop out the Great Lighthouse, and revolt to Organised religion, Colossus is next, this will be the Great Merchant city.

145 AD- I bulb Philosophy, 2 turns researching Monotheism, and do a 3 civic's revolt to Hereditary rule, caste system and Monotheism.

385 AD- I build the Hanging Gardens, and I've long given up on micro managing, I won't be the best, I've made too many mistakes.

400 AD- 4 of the Colossus, courthouses going up all over, forges built, 2 offshore cities, Great Lighthouse actually built, Poor trading, bulb Philosophy, probably go Pacifism for the Great Scientist points and bulbing Education/liberalism. All major building done, Judaism is main religion.

Poor effort, I lost focus half way through. I'm sure some have Education by now.

View attachment 203469

Emporer's cookbook IV Round 2

Spoiler :
1st thing I do is adopt Slavery and whip out some Granaries, 1 archer to each city with a warrior back up as well, if not 2 or more fog busting.

As well I know where another civ is, so I wont' “cheat” and use my knowledge, along with 2 of their cities.

I have a barb archer beeline Angkor Wat , and is defeated by the combat promoted Warrior, lucky as the archer is 1 turn away.

925 BC- First to Alphabet, and I look to trade, barb axemen have just started to show up.

900 BC- I Met Charlie boy, and we hold Monopoly on Alphabet.

As of 800 BC I've not meet Monty, Charlie boy, Ragnar, Gilly, and Sully, and I hold a monopoly on Alphabet, which I try to hold while trading Writing & sailing to Charlie for Iron working.

And we have 2 sources of Iron :woohoo:

I select Metal casting, as I don't want another 'GLH' fueled win on this. I thought we'd try something different, no Pyramids either.

650 BC I whip capital for 2 for setter and Angkor Wat for galley, to settle Cow/horse on next continent. I WANT HORSES.

I hit Ice blockade at the Far South Western edge of the 3rd land mass. I start back, only having found Monties homelands. We still have Monopoly on Alphabet. No trades worthwhile, only Maths is out with 2, who both won't trade it. Going for metal casting, I should have gone Currency 1st, error.

440 BC Our first Great Scientist greats an Academy in the capital, I then think I should have settled in future science city..Duh...Takes 1 turn of Metal Casting.

350 BC I break our monopoly on Alphabet for Maths and Myst with Gill, as I realize, that Monarchy is available, and I”ll need to trade up to it. Doh. Too slow..should have done back in 800 when 2 adopted monarchy together.

325 BC I trade amongst the Jewish tribe, haven't adopted as yet, but probably will, trade Alpha for meditation, Poly and Masonry to Charlie.

Another reason is that all the Jew's are in Hereditary rule, so only have Monarchy. Next trade is to Gilgamesh Poly for Priesthood, Monarchy is next.

35 BC I trade Currency to Gilly for Monarchy and 40 gold, WHICH WAS WRONG, I meant to trade for Construction....:gripe:

That's totally ruined my focus, and messed up my game completely, at war with Ragnar due to Charle's request, built Forges all over.

10 AD- Charlie comes by and saves my Arst...offering Construction and 15 gold for Currency..Thanks Charles.

70 AD- I decide to chop out the Great Lighthouse, and revolt to Organised religion, Colossus is next, this will be the Great Merchant city.

145 AD- I bulb Philosophy, 2 turns researching Monotheism, and do a 3 civic's revolt to Hereditary rule, caste system and Monotheism.

385 AD- I build the Hanging Gardens, and I've long given up on micro managing, I won't be the best, I've made too many mistakes.

400 AD- 4 of the Colossus, courthouses going up all over, forges built, 2 offshore cities, Great Lighthouse actually built, Poor trading, bulb Philosophy, probably go Pacifism for the Great Scientist points and bulbing Education/liberalism. All major building done, Judaism is main religion.

Poor effort, I lost focus half way through. I'm sure some have Education by now.

View attachment 203469

Spoiler :

I think Eucation would be a tough ask. If i had skipped Music and bulbed Edu maybe!! Then again I love the free GA for a GoldAge!! Betting someone will get edu and liberalism.

As for GLH. I would of just built it. On my game I dont think anyone has MC yet si Collosus is not impossible. No copper to speed it up. :(

Spoiler :
I started with a change of direction. I switched research to Sailing in order to get bigger trade routes, switched to slavery, began building libraries and explored using my second work boat. After sailing, I went for Iron Working (for defence) and then Mathematics and currency (to increase trade). I then researched towards iterature (for the GL which I completed in AD 70), towards CS (for Bureaucracy) and currently towards Education. I established a couple of overseas cities, but these are weak and would fall very easily if attacked. I captured a barb city in the north east of our home island. This was expensive and I'm not sure it was worth it.

Following some discussion in another thread, I decided to try using my GS to lightbulb technologies - Alphabet and Philosophy. I was able to do a little trading (Mysticism, Meditation, Priesthood and subsequently Masonry, Monarchy and Polytheism). Close to the end of the round I traded for Construction, Metal casting, Horseback riding, Machinery, Music (with monotheism as a make weight) and Feudalism.

My feeling is that things went reasonably well at first, but then fell apart.
RJM

Spoiler :
I would of traded for alphabet or teched it myself. Perhaps an academy first? Philosophy is much better value for beakers. I think machinery will stop the Lib bulb as it will offer compass. Not 100% sure!

Spoiler :
I would of traded for alphabet or teched it myself. Perhaps an academy first? Philosophy is much better value for beakers. I think machinery will stop the Lib bulb as it will offer compass. Not 100% sure!

Spoiler :
I normally do trade for alphabet. I've been reading the thread on great people, so I decided to try light bulbing. I was no greatly impressed; I think the academy would have been a better bet.

RJM

To Gumbolt:

Spoiler :

Nearly missed your round. Its a different approach to mine but with 2 cities set to commerce instead of production you really have cranked the science up.

The other debate your game brings up is the rex vs science. Whats the right level? Does it really matter if you are on your own island?

IMO the point of expanding so much that it hurts science is to steal/block good city spots from AI. Because we're an island there has been no need to do that.

Then again if you have TGL the cities should pay for themselves.

Yes, but you should also ask what we're gonna do with all those overseas cities that one TGL-save had. Are we going to take more land by war? If so I'd say the best opportunity is Renaissance/Early Industrial (rifles, cannons, cuirrassiers(?)). Later it's harder to get such a military advance. I doubt that a city in a 2 tile island with fish helps us much to gain steel or rifling early or produce renaissance troops. It may pay itself but it doesn't do much else.

Of course peaceful endgame (perhaps culture win?) is also an option, and in that case expanding to those small islands may be an good idea. Also that beach head city in Gils land mass helps Renaissance war. I was planning to get it too by capturing a barb city, but Gil was faster.

You can easily expand to 10-12 cities but this in turn reduces your science.

I was planning to set couple of more production cities up ASAP. I don't think science will drop much; after old cities have built few buildings (markets, forges maybe courthouses) you can put them to build wealth at this point of a game.

You still have the GP farm approach to use. It looks like you have held back from this.

Yeah, lack of GPs is some kind of flaw in my game. However, the game don't necessary need more than that 1 scientist to bulb most of education. Bpt is probably high enough to liberalism->steel slingshot before 1000 AD, especially when adjusted with Golden Age.

To Gumbolt:

Spoiler :

IMO the point of expanding so much that it hurts science is to steal/block good city spots from AI. Because we're an island there has been no need to do that.

Yes, but you should also ask what we're gonna do with all those overseas cities that one TGL-save had. Are we going to take more land by war? If so I'd say the best opportunity is Renaissance/Early Industrial (rifles, cannons, cuirrassiers(?)). Later it's harder to get such a military advance. I doubt that a city in a 2 tile island with fish helps us much to gain steel or rifling early or produce renaissance troops. It may pay itself but it doesn't do much else.

Of course peaceful endgame (perhaps culture win?) is also an option, and in that case expanding to those small islands may be an good idea. Also that beach head city in Gils land mass helps Renaissance war. I was planning to get it too by capturing a barb city, but Gil was faster.

I was planning to set couple of more production cities up ASAP. I don't think science will drop much; after old cities have built few buildings (markets, forges maybe courthouses) you can put them to build wealth at this point of a game.

Yeah, lack of GPs is some kind of flaw in my game. However, the game don't necessary need more than that 1 scientist to bulb most of education. Bpt is probably high enough to liberalism->steel slingshot before 1000 AD, especially when adjusted with Golden Age.

Spoiler :
Fair points all around. I wasnt sure about a couple of my cities. I was keen to grab the iron resources and stop other Ai landing on my island. I was also wary of the AI military level. My gameplay is by no way perfect and I am reletively new to emperor play style. Although I have had 3-4wins on this level.

I do wonder what a few more great people would of done for your save. I was impressed how you had grown the capital to size 14-15. I perhaps focused too much on wonders.

As for the plan to win I hadnt got that far. Cultural could be possible on my save as I had found 3 religions already. A 4th is possible if you tech drama. Then use Great Artist towards DR.

In terms of military build you have a similar idea to me in producing steel/rifles/curs. Question is how big a stack will the Ai have by then. Its also possible to just tech our way to spaceship win.

It would be good to grab MM wonder for a golden age.

My game certainly needed a good production city too. Land does not always permit.

Clearly i need to plan stuff more on my game in future.

Spoiler :
I continued teching towards alpha since that is what I usually do to be able to benefit from tech trading. This was at some cost tho since I monarchy was needed as well. My hope was that I would be able to trade part of the techs towards Monarchy against alpha or writing. This didnt work really out. The only techs I was offered were sailing and masonry (the AIs didnt have much more and didnt want to trade the techs towards Monarchy). At least that way I had the prerequisites for GLH and build it in the southern town. In parallel I was alway checking for tech trade opportunities and was going for currency after I reached Monarchy in order to be able to sell old techs to less developed AIs and invest that money in a higher tech rate.

I discovered confu and christ but initially didnt want to convert to either of them hoping that finally one of my cities would be getting judaism but since that never happened I finally decided to adopt confu since that had spread best til then. I was a bit surprised that relations to the AIs werent really spoiled by that (should have switched earlier). Since I had a lead on Theology I tried the AP and finally build it (using first GA). AP improved my production quite a bit which was a bit poor til then.

Having seen the other saves I think I should have build at least one GP Farm and also have build that southern city in the iron that opens the way to the islands to the south and east. But demographics are ok, 1st in GNP, 2nd in MFG, 5th in food (that could be better). Researched all necessary techs for warfare (maces, cats, crossbows, trebs will be researched in 5 turns), and chances to get Sankore (tho without stone it is not really fun to build them).

map.JPG

Demographics.JPG

Research.JPG

Tech vs. competitors.JPG

Attachments

• EC4 Round 2 Plattfuss AD-400.CivBeyondSwordSave
    232 KB · Views: 93
Spoiler :
I continued teching towards alpha since that is what I usually do to be able to benefit from tech trading. This was at some cost tho since I monarchy was needed as well. My hope was that I would be able to trade part of the techs towards Monarchy against alpha or writing. This didnt work really out. The only techs I was offered were sailing and masonry (the AIs didnt have much more and didnt want to trade the techs towards Monarchy). At least that way I had the prerequisites for GLH and build it in the southern town. In parallel I was alway checking for tech trade opportunities and was going for currency after I reached Monarchy in order to be able to sell old techs to less developed AIs and invest that money in a higher tech rate.

I discovered confu and christ but initially didnt want to convert to either of them hoping that finally one of my cities would be getting judaism but since that never happened I finally decided to adopt confu since that had spread best til then. I was a bit surprised that relations to the AIs werent really spoiled by that (should have switched earlier). Since I had a lead on Theology I tried the AP and finally build it (using first GA). AP improved my production quite a bit which was a bit poor til then.

Having seen the other saves I think I should have build at least one GP Farm and also have build that southern city in the iron that opens the way to the islands to the south and east. But demographics are ok, 1st in GNP, 2nd in MFG, 5th in food (that could be better). Researched all necessary techs for warfare (maces, cats, crossbows, trebs will be researched in 5 turns), and chances to get Sankore (tho without stone it is not really fun to build them).

View attachment 203507

View attachment 203508

View attachment 203509

View attachment 203510

Thats looking strong. :)
Spoiler :

You certainly have teched well. 190 a beakers at 70% is impressive. Although Gilga is a huge threat and seems to be keeping up techwise.

I am not sure what the Ap brings you? Glib or something else might of been more useful. You certainly do like your religion.

I see less risk converting to a religion. Firstly the Ai will have to load 3-4 ships to land troops. Secondly it frees up pacifism. Keep the channel filled with triremes and you should be fine.

I do wonder what a good GP farm would of done for you in terms of adding scientists and bulbing.

Still a good healthy tech rate that can only grow. At this rate science will be 100% before too long. Not impossible.

I am going to be offline for maybe 7-10+ days after tomorrow so i may not be able to vote. I will vote tomorrow night on a spoiler if need be. :(

Seems a good round.
Spoiler :

I teched towards the oracle and built it taking asthetics. (Wanted SW wonder). My first GS i used on an academy.

Teched towards sailing and built GLH below capital.

I then tech maths followed by alphabet. Use GS for philosophy. Founded my first religion.

Researched COl founding a second religion. Currency too.

Researched theology. (third religion founded.)

I have built the SW in capital.

Also just built hanging gardens in capital. I teched for music and I have a GA in capital with a GS waiting to be used.

In terms of tech trading. I have traded for monarchy, iron working, construction and poly. Most Ai seem to be 4 techs behind me. I an 5 turns from paper. One Ai has Civil service, HBR and calender.

Next build would be Glib in capital and NE. Overall science is about 140 beakers a turn.

Military is an issue but I have mostly spammed island with 8-10 cities. I delayed hanging gardens a turn so my new city could be laid. ;)

I am quite happy with this. Steel liberalism with gunpowder approach next.

No one has built the mids yet either!! :eek::eek:

Have to say I am really pleased with that round having viewed it again.

It was interesting for me to compare our saves since you are in the same position in the demographics screen for MFG, GNP and food. Although your absolute figures are a bit lower than mine when compared to your AIs your position is very competitive. It seems my extensive tech trading lead to a fast growth in my game, but not only for me but the AIs as well. So relatively speaking the tech trading didnt help me that much.

To 400AD

Spoiler :

Headed to build GLh rather than research Alpha, easier to trade for. Headed then to Asth, then MC.

Built, GLH, Glib, missed colo by 5 turns. Cyrus was only one to have MC, and i hadn't noticed. Settled a few more cities, more required.

Empire 400AD, ignore the unhappy face, it's now gone. ;)

El Capital

Tech screen, 8 turns to Edu, Gsci due in 2 turns, Adca in Capital. Should pop circum nav bonus in 3 turns when offshore city pops borders. All aI met, good exploration.

View attachment Morgan AD-0400 EC.CivBeyondSwordSave

It was interesting for me to compare our saves since you are in the same position in the demographics screen for MFG, GNP and food. Although your absolute figures are a bit lower than mine when compared to your AIs your position is very competitive. It seems my extensive tech trading lead to a fast growth in my game, but not only for me but the AIs as well. So relatively speaking the tech trading didnt help me that much.

Edit to involve screen shot.

Spoiler :

I was looking at a few of the saves too. On most of the saves Gilga is on par with techs and has expanded much faster. Although the human players have done well to get to paper/ even edu in one case. On my game Gilga is struggling techwise and his score is lower than mine. although Sulie is slightly more dangerous. Strange as i was working from the same save!

The one thing i did not do was trade for Alphabet or Maths. In fact i did very little trades with the Ai. I was helped with a few Ai wars so maybe this could explain the difference. The cottages start allowed quick teching. So my tech situation isnt comparable to others in some respects but most of the Ai in my game dont have metal casting or other techs.

I am one of the few people to have tried to get great people. If you look at GP points on cities I have had 4 (5 including GA) great people to mosts people 2). I could happily bulb drama and paper but I held this back to make save more interesting. (Well bulbing on edu made more sense)

It will be interesting to see what people want from the save. I think some of the other saves will be more of a challenge in terms of where the Ai is more advanced.

Just finished my round, and I am 'fairly' happy with it.

Spoiler :
Tech: I started out by switching over to sailing for extra trading (and GLH, but I realized part way in that I really don't want to go that route again). Next I teched Alphabet, then traded for Iron Working as barb axes were starting to annoy me. Luckily we have multiple sources of iron ;). Next I went for currency, then aesthetics and literacy, and finally teched towards monarchy. After that I got Code of Laws (and founded Confucianism) and at the same time used a GS to bulb Philosophy (founding Taoism). Next worked towards bureaucracy and finally paper. I am now working on Education and have 26 turns to go.

Cities: I focused mostly on granary and libraries at first, then some archers to fogbust. I did something very weird this game that I have never done before. It may have been a bad choice, but if so, oh well. I decided to let Angkor Wat get destroyed by barbs (it was size one at the time). I just didn't get the placement of the city at all--there weren't really any useful resources around and I wanted that clams to go to a city that would be placed further west so that it could also get the fish. It was also sapping my economy and I really didn't have much hope that it could be economically sustainable for a while. Maybe a lighthouse and the Moai Statues were the plan? Anyway, I build three other cities--one production city two east of the sheep, one science city over by the pigs and flood plains, and one as a foothold on the land to the west that got horses, wheat and cows. Also built Great Library in capital and Parthenon in Nagara.

I also spent a lot of time exploring and got a scout over on the large western continent that is working with my 2 fishing boats to map things out. Only one civ I haven't discovered yet. Right now I have no religion as I have been waiting to get Judisam so that I can join their party. I FINALLY got it right at 400 AD, so I didn't switch over right away, just incase my save is picked.

Even though i think I did a pretty good job, I feel like right now the save is sorta aimless... what sorta victory are we going for? Right now space race seems most likely, so I just teched as fast as I could. I'm not really sure where to go next though, other than to just keep on teching. I usually like culture victories, which would be hard to achieve since we haven't really been focusing on it. Not really sure how possible diplo victory is either.

Anyways, here are some pics:

Spoiler :

Tech Situation:

Relations:

Capital:

Attachments

• ECIV - Chromium (400AD).CivBeyondSwordSave
    224.8 KB · Views: 129
Everyone can go ahead and start voting. Its really late here, so I am going to edit this to make my pretty post with all the links and important dates tomorrow...

**EDIT**

We will vote through Friday or early Saturday (about 48ish hours from now). After that a winner will be declared and a new round will start.

Here are the saves to vote on:

JFleme

pnaxighn

MkLh

Gumbolt

RJM

IPEX

Plattfuss

KingMorgan

Chromium

Thoughts on Gilga

Spoiler :

In my save gila and sully are best pals, Gila reserached Fued hence the advance, he was very mean with me for trading it, usually i wouldn;t trade with the AI but as it's not really my game i was happy to this time.

To be honest with the monty/charles wars, cyrus will probaly be the one to watch, in my save anyhow.

i'm not worried about the AI tech rate on this map, i'd be happy to play my own save to the end, easily winnable i would suspect. Any concerns can be address with the vassling of Cyrus, that would be a game winner imo.

I have viewed each save over and over again and I still cant decide who to vote for. Everyone has gone such similar route. Problem in most saves is Gilga!!!! How did he rex and get so strong???

1. Morgan. Good teching of 199 a turn. second only to gilga. Also you switch to Pacisfm you will have a 28GPP GP farm. Not sure if you had philosophy. His comparable score to the Ai was stronger than the other saves.
2. Platt - Reasonable score compared to the Ai. Good teching too. Although 2 techs behind Gilga. Not sure they were key techs anyay.
3. MKLH - The job on the capital to size 15 is something that stands out. Nearly 250 science beakers a turn too!!! I am concerned your score is below the others and nearly 2/3 or less of Gilga. Although you have held back from rexxing to increase science.

Overall its a difficult round to decide. I was tempted to vote for chroms save in the top 3. His science wasnt as great as some but he was comparable to the AI.

I am offline in about 12 hours for 10+ days so i may not be online to play the next round. How will I cope without loads of saves to grill!!! :crazyeye::crazyeye:

Top Bottom