Enemies occupying same tiles as my units

vsipinen

Warlord
I noticed strange thing, when I was playing Fall From Heaven II (patched with the 0.40z patch): when I was at war with some AI civilizations, their units started to move to same tiles, which my units already occupied. In order to attack them, I had to move one of my units to another tile and back to same position. Do some of the units have ability to move to same position with enemy units without attacking ? The units seemed quite ordinary and they did not seem to be hidden or anything like that. It seemed that at the end all enemy units behaved same way as they would not have been able to start combat.

Another annoying thing was that the pirate ship managed to move to same tile, where I had a frigate and some other ships and pillage fishing boats without any battle with my ships. Is that normal ?

If you have Nox Noctis then all your units within your cultural borders and not in a city become invisible. If you don't like it you can remove invisibility from individual units.

If you have Nox Noctis then all your units within your cultural borders and not in a city become invisible. If you don't like it you can remove invisibility from individual units.

Yes, that's it - I had the Nox Noctis. Somehow I did not realize that particular effect of it. Indeed I would not want those units to be invisible that guard some resources or passages - so next time, if I have the Nox Noctis, I will remove invisibility from those units.

how do you remove invisibility from individual units ? is reveal not a nation-wide spell ?

Units that cast Reveal to forfeit the masking effect of Nox Noctis cannot regain it.

warkiby : we are speaking FFH2 and not FF :D
well... As I thought revel is still a civ wide effect
happily as it was a test I had made a save before casting reveal on a unit...

someone tried to fool people here

oh, I got confused.

FF does this a lot better. It allows you to toggle invisibility on or off at will, on a per unit basis.

well, yesterday I tried it on an archer and... hop

"a player has cast reveal"

and the "reveal" icone disappeared on all the other units. I have to assume that all units had been revealed.
And I couldn't reverse the decision (but I didn't try to see what was possible next turn... I loaded back my game)

I'll try it again...

A difference caused by differing FfH patches, perhaps. Was there a point when Reveal was ever a worldspell?

"a player has cast reveal"

You are confusing Reveal with Revelry.

Reveal is available to any unit of a civ that controls the Cult of Essus holy city, once the Nox Noctis wonder has been built. It can only be cast once per unit, and will cause that unit to forfeit the invisibility offered by Nox Noctis.

Revelry is the Balseraphs worldspell. It can be cast by any Balseraphs unit once Festivals has been researched and starts a golden age. It can only be cast once or twice per Balseraphs civilization (a second casting requires completion of the Birthright Regained project).

The left icon is Reveal, the right icon is Revelry.

thank you very much.
but I am clearly speaking of the "reveal" case.
I can maybe mistake the spelling of the names... but as from the start we were speaking about Nox Noctis and as I'm currently playing Calabim and I founded COE... I let you see for yourself if I'm mistaking the two. ;)

and as I play with patch 40.z I have to try it again .. with trashing the cash before that.

nope.... only FFH2 re-installed directly on a new PC with patch 40.y
...and now with 40.z.
I'll be back after purging the cash and trying it again.

(oh.. IIRC, in some previous games, patch 40.z, I had "a player has cast reveal"... so the AI did it too.)
If it still doesn't work, I'll re-install FFH2... and come back here

OK...
the cash (temporary files in My documents) has been purged...
reveal is now an unit only spell :D

thanks all... now I can protect my ressources !!!

youpiiiiii !!

Top Bottom