English Football thread No.3

Man U are doing not so good, which pleases me greatly.

What is the EPL?

English Premier Leauge, though it's official name is now just the Barclays Premiership. Since this thread was bumbed might as well get on with business of football. Think the biggest talking point is the pool-Havant game. I'll be the first to applaud the Havant team but at the same time you wonder if they were to try that hard every week wether they wouldn't be in higher leages.

It is the FA Cup, so it is a special occasion. You must remember that those guys were semi-professional and they have other jobs, so they did a god job just getting to that round. I don't think they can play to that level each and every week, since they were playing a special team and smaller clubs generally give their best shot against the big boys, because it is likely that this is the only chance they get to play a team of such calibre. I know I would be excited playing in front of so many people while not being a full professional which is why they played better. Just playing in front crowd that large would be a thrill compared to their normal audience.

Well I say that Havant are made up of two types of players. Those that were never good enough but had a 100% attitude, and those who were good enough but didn't have the bottle or the will to make it proper.

There are now only going to be a maximum of 5 premiership teams going into the quarters of the FA Cup with Arsenal and ManU drawing each other. :aargh:

Here is the full draw of the 5th round.
Bristol Rovers v Southampton
Cardiff City v Wolverhampton Wanderers
Sheffield United v Middlesbrough
Liverpool v Barnsley
Manchester United v Arsenal
Preston North End v Portsmouth
Coventry City v West Bromwich Albion
Chelsea v Huddersfield Town

I think 5 out of 8 is probabley average but 6 out of 16 is funny. It's pretty obvious which is the tie of the round. I think Old Trafford will steer it United's way but who knows.

:lol: Liverpool are out of the FA cup by the hands of the lowly Barnsley. This is ceretainly great news for anyone not supporting Liverpool. Even if ManU do go out, at least they can say they went out to a quality team.

:lol: Liverpool are out of the FA cup by the hands of the lowly Barnsley. This is ceretainly great news for anyone not supporting Liverpool. Even if ManU do go out, at least they can say they went out to a quality team.

That was a great game.. I stopped watching it at half-time though, I figured Liverpool would take it :(

At dinner, my dad was like "you should have watched the rest of that game"

So I did.. It was great :) That keeper (steele?) was pretty damn good.

Did Steele us to play for United reserves a few years back or am I thinking of someone else.

Yes he did. It must be in his blood to perform well against Liverpool. Here is the draw for the Quarters of the FA cup. Surprise as ManU face another Premiership opposition. They have faced Premiership opposition every round.

Sheffield United or Middlesbrough v Cardiff City
Manchester United v Portsmouth
Bristol Rovers v West Bromwich Albion
Barnsley v Chelsea

It would be amazing if Bristol were to win. What a pay-off they would get since I think the semi's are at Wembeley. I don't think they will West Brom are a decent side but I don't follow the championship closly.

it's so sickening, I can't bear to watch it. I think Fabregas and some others were so sickened, they had a 'blockout' for 45 minutes

Top Bottom