English Football thread No.3

Chelsea are playing awfully against Bahhhhhhhnsleh

Barnsley 1-0 Chelsea!!!!!!!!!!!!

It's been an odd afternoon! :)

I don't feel so bad about them beating Liverpool now!

Could be anyone! Personally i want a Barnsley - Bristol Rovers final! :D

Portsmouth - Middlesboro final?

I hope not. Mick McCarthy said something about that on the BBC in the post-match analysis: a Portsmouth-Middlesbrough final would generate less interest than a final with one or two of the non-Premiership sides in it. Personally, I'm hoping for Barnsley-Bristol Rovers too.

Besides, with the way things are going, Middlesbrough are going out of the Cup at the hands of Cardiff City tomorrow. :D

Barnsley! They even had a dutchman :)

Cardiff 2-0 up at the moment! :D

Watching the BBC now, seeing Manchester Utd. vs. Portsmouth. How could Carrick miss that ball?

Man U looked pretty unlucky to me, but that's the way the breaks go sometimes. Only one team in the game until the penalty, but Pompey got lucky, and, more importantly, gave themselves a chance to be lucky.

Chelsea didn't look terribly hard done by at Barnsley though. Perhaps a draw would have been fairer, but it would be very hard to argue that chelsea deserved to win.

And Middlesbrough were simply outplayed by Cardiff. 'Boro were just an embarassment to their division.

So we have the Baggies, Barnsley, Cardiff and Pompey. Frankly, it's a less distinguished semi-final line-up than the average Auto Windshields Southern section, but it is good fun, nonetheless...

Top Bottom