English Football Thread No.4

Where you reading this from, Harold King?

No, I just want to read the same article that you have read. :) Got a link to it?

I am not questioning the validity of what you're saying.

"The bloody scene inside the bar", the caption below one of the pictures...

Where's the blood???

"The bloody scene inside the bar", the caption below one of the pictures...

Where's the blood???

Thats odd as the first caption is quite descriptive:

"A bloodstained towel on the dancefloor at the Lounge Inn"

I hope Hull don't "give up" and keep going strong, i would hate to see them fight for surival havng got this far.

Aston Villa though are starting to do the big four "We win even when we play badly" which is good for them :)
I hope they beat Arsenal for fourth.

Big match this weekend! I'll be at our best local pub to watch Chelsea take on ManU in my new Terry jersey my dad sent from London for Christmas! Just gotta get up pretty damn early to beat the queue before Shakespeare's opens... Go Blues!

What about the result for a select East Midlands rival of mine last night!

Fair play to them though for beating United, as long as we beat them in the next round of the FA Cup :D.

Derby I was talking about by the way.

Big match this weekend! I'll be at our best local pub to watch Chelsea take on ManU in my new Terry jersey my dad sent from London for Christmas! Just gotta get up pretty damn early to beat the queue before Shakespeare's opens... Go Blues!

I'm watching that at home.. can't wait

As for Hull, they're not going to be fighting the relegation battle this year.

oh my god, somedy had to tell sir whiskey nose right this:
glad rafa did it:

What do make of Alex Ferguson's comments recently
?

I was surprised, but I have to talk about facts because I think it is important.

I think that they are nervous because we are at the top of the table. But I want to be clear that I do not want to play mind games too early. I think that they want to start that so I have taken some facts so it will be easier to talk about this.

November 1 they played against Hull City and Mr Ferguson, their manager, was given a two-match touchline ban and fined £10,000 after confronting Mike Dean, the referee, for improper conduct.

We have started a Respect Campaign. And we started with the sending off of Javier Mascherano at Old Trafford from the referee, Mr Bennett. But that was also the referee when Manchester United played Wigan, and he couldn't see the handball from Rio Ferdinand. He didn't give a penalty and they won the title.

I think that will also be the same referee that they have in the game in hand against Wigan.

During this Respect Campaign, he was charged by the FA following comments made towards Martin Atkinson, but he was not punished. He is the only manager in the league who cannot be punished.

Two years ago we were playing a lot of early kick-offs on a Saturday morning away, while United were playing on a Sunday and no one was saying anything. Now he is complaining that everybody is against United.

They will play against all the teams in the top of the table in the second half of the season - I think that is a fantastic advantage. But I don't know why, at Christmas time, United played on the 29th December instead of the 28th, while we played against Newcastle away. He was not complaining this time. He was not thinking about this.

About his behaviour with referees, the Southampton manager knows how Mr Ferguson works. He was very clear the other day. It is a fact. I am not playing mind games. This is about facts.

If Mr Ferguson wants to talk about the fixtures, and we want to be on a level playing field here, there are two options: one is where is the same as in Spain. The first part of the league, all the teams know at this time they will play against this team on this weekend, or that weekend, and the second half of the league will be the opposite - you will play away. After that, Sky or Setanta who has the rights will choose the game and everybody will know when they are playing. That way it would be the same for everyone so Mr Ferguson will not be complaining about the fixtures.

Or maybe the other option would be Mr Ferguson organising the fixtures and everything in his office and sending them to us - then everybody will know and nobody can complain.

Talking about football, because I want to finish with this and the mind games. We know what happens when we go to Old Trafford. Mr Scolari maybe needs to know to use zonal marking against the staff of United because they are always using man to man with the referees when they go to the bench and especially at half-time when they are walking close to the referees and talking and talking and talking.

All the managers need to know, only Mr Ferguson can talk about the fixtures and the referees - nothing will happen. I think we need to know about this. We are talking about facts, we are not talking about my impression. Everybody can see this every single week.

He's let it get to him and he just handed United the title today...

I wouldn't bet against United winning the title now.

I'm just trying to wind up the Liverpool fans anyway ;) Every year they say they are going to win the league. I think they won't finish 4th this year though, which will be a huge improvement on their recent seasons ;) Well done Rafa!

According to Radio Merseyside Liverpool have never knocked Everton out of the FA cup at Anfield...

Top Bottom