Espionage

I realize that. But my point was we can surmise they are either building warriors or triremes for the next 5 turns at least. For whatever that info is worth to us.

What it means, IMO, is that they realise their military is a long way behind. I don't believe the bonus carries over to settlers as well, so it shouldn't help them REX as such, beyond pumping out their babysitters faster.

They might also be pumping out warriors to run HR soon.

What I'm trying to say is that they haven't necessarily decided to go all-out war.

What I'm trying to say is that they haven't necessarily decided to go all-out war.

Yeah, I wasn't trying to imply that I was concerned about that either. I was just pointing out, that given their technological backwardness, there are only 2 types of things they could be building at a discount with Police State. I was pointing this out for general espionage information purposes, more than anything else.

Some Infos about the power of the teams.

1. from techs:
in 1200 BC (we without MC)
Maverick get 32 000 MP from techs
Amazon get 50 000 MP from techs
CDZ get 50 000 MP from techs
Merlot get 20 000 MP from techs
Quadronia get 46 000 MP from techs
We get 46 000 MP from techs

Together with F9-demo
we have 61, the best 77, average 57,6 and the last 33 KMP.
The last is merlot, they have 4 cities and are the best in pop with 260.000 (pop 7, 3, 2, 1), also get 6 KMP from pop, so they must have 7 KMP in units and perhaps buildings.

The best (in MP) is Amazon or CDZ, they have also 50 KMP from techs and so 27 KMP from pop and ....

Quadronian has city with pop 7 and another with pop <4, so 4-5 KMP from pop.

the middle 3 teams in power have together 178 KMP and also 128 KMP from techs, so the 3 teams have together 50 KMP from pop, buildings (perhaps none) and units. I think they 've together ~15 KMP from pop, so every 11-12 KMP in units.

Just noticed that CDZ has 7 Espionage against us as of Turn 73. Wanted to keep track in case the number went up.

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0014.JPG
    85.1 KB · Views: 177
^ 8 now.

Mavericks' power is roughly the same as Merlot, which we can see on the power graph.

CDZ has slightly less food than us, Mavericks are #6.

I believe Mavericks' current city sizes are 4, 3 and 1, as they are the likely candidate to be last in population.

But, most importantly,
INTERNATIONAL TRADE ROUTES ARE POSSIBLE BEFORE ASTRONOMY.

azza
you are right, but to CDZ are at least 2 barb-towns.

Here a moment (1040 BC) picture of distribution of EPs

Attachments

• -1040 F4.JPG
    -1040 F4.JPG
    46 KB · Views: 200
INTERNATIONAL TRADE ROUTES ARE POSSIBLE BEFORE ASTRONOMY

We knew that already. What's possible is connecting from the home islands to the mainland, and between cities on the mainland. What's not possible is connecting from one home island to another.

The first allows international trade routes. The second prevents resource trades, unless we either build a culture bridge from the mainland or move the capital. At the rate we're likely to get astronomy I don't expect it's really worth doing either.

What's not possible is connecting from one home island to another.

Why?
my opinion is:
If you know the other capital you can trade ressources over coastal tiles, then you get :commerce: from traderoutes.
Is this wrong, do I make an error/mistake?

Why?
my opinion is:
If you know the other capital you can trade ressources over coastal tiles, then you get :commerce: from traderoutes.
Is this wrong, do I make an error/mistake?

The problem is, you cannot trade across ocean until you have researched Astronomy. The only exception is if you have your own culture on the ocean tile. However, other civs' culture does not work for this. It's the same as for travelling - we can send our galleys and workboats on ocean squares within our own culture, but, even with open borders, we cannot move a workboat or galley through an ocean square with another civ's culture (until Astronomy).

To trade resources, the capitals need to be connected from the perspective of at least one of the two civs involved. However, our capital cannot connect to theirs, becaues we cannot cross the ocean around their island. Similarly, theirs cannot connect to ours because they cannot cross our ocean.

I haven't confirmed this myself, but more than one team member has confirmed it in a test game.

have we tried a WB of the next culture pop, where not only the ocean but the other coast tile are covered by the capitol's coverage?

No. Feel free to though

The other theory that I'm not sure we've tried or not is the case where we have revealed the other team's capital. Because we can't get a unit across, we can't reveal the capital, and we found in the intra-team pitboss at least that revealing the capital can be required for trading resources. So it's possible that this lack of revealed capital was the reason for no resource trading rather than the way the trade routes work.

It doesn't help much as if we can't get a unit across we can't reveal the capital anyway, but it could mean we could trade resources at Paper rather than Astronomy.

Power Graph Update:

MFG:
Spoiler :

Crops:
Spoiler :

GNP:
Spoiler :

Power:
Spoiler :

Culture:
Spoiler :

Attachments

• Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0022.JPG
    80.5 KB · Views: 284
  • Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0023.JPG
    80.4 KB · Views: 325
  • Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0024.JPG
    77.9 KB · Views: 358
  • Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0025.JPG
    75.4 KB · Views: 307
  • Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    Civ4ScreenShot0026.JPG
    74.5 KB · Views: 282
It seems like the Aestics -> Lit -> Music path is good path for Culture wins, Quatronia's Continnum has been in the lead with Cutlure.

A comparison of the Merlot and Mavericks tech situation:

Spoiler :

Even if they did make contact, tech trading would be delayed for a while since neither has Alphabet.

Espionage 825 BC and the difference to 1040 BC
Spoiler :

Attachments

• -825 Sirius F4.JPG
    -825 Sirius F4.JPG
    37 KB · Views: 254
What kind of information have we about the position of the teams? Is there a painted map?

Someone made a map awhile back I believe it went something like this:

Sirius | Amazon
.................. \ | /
Maverick \ | / Merlot
..................... / | \
................... / | \
Quatrona | CDZ

Top Bottom