Eternal Egypt - GLC Mod v1.0 (numerous pictures)

Chapter 10 - Assyria Mother Land

The great battle of the Eastern Desert was the first blood bath ever in Egypt recorded history : about 50 000 Egyptians and 70 000 Assyrians soldiers died in this battle...
...but however, it was an new victory for the Nil Kingdom.

In the mean time, all Hebrews heartland has fallen, and their government found exil in Beth-Shan.

After it's victory in the Eastern Desert, the Egyptian Army is pressing her advance and is crossing the Assyrian borders.

More South, for 7 months, Egyptian Army had siegied Terqa (a small Assyrian city founded in an oasis in the south east of the desert), and finaly take her and burn her to the ground !
About 50 000 citizens have being executed by our blood thirsty army...
Egypt will show no mercy for the Assyrians.

North, the first naval/ground operation in history is complete success !
Chyprian island is totally integrated into the Egyptian Kingdom.

Let’s have a look on the egyptian kingdom in the known world.

Autumn...
Amk-thopep diary : (note : Amk-thopep is the general from the divine Egyptian second army, it’s him who did take and destroy Terqa this spring).
About five weeks ago, Assyria started a major counter-offensive in the eastern desert. It’s impossible to say how many of them are here, my scouts thinks that we’re outnumbered by 8 to 1...
After fierce fighting, restt of my army was trapped into Tarqas ruins !
We’re totally surrounded and awaiting for their final assault...
There is no hope, we’re lost. But we will fight proudly to the last without any cowardise, then perahps, in the holy balance of destiny, Thot will accept our soul in the paradise.

Two days later, things where over...

After the terrible new of 2nd Army, and willing to concentrate all his troops against Assyria, Ramses offer peace to the Hebrews in exchange of the colony of Ramoth-gilead and Ritual Sacrifices.

A surprise come at the same time from our friends the Hittites.
They made an alliance against Rome with the Trojans...

And events seems to be chaining...

Very interesting, now Rome has 4 opponents for the moment...

Time to make peace with them.
Ramses made peace with Rome and he receive a tribute of 20 golds. Not bad...

This peace upseted King Labarna of the Hittites who sent a messenger to Ramses to protest. But Ramses decision was inflexible...

In the North of the Eastern desert, Assyria counter-offensive resulted in the worst blood bath in history ! The two army with approximatively 300 000 soldiers each, half of the men engaged in the battle will never see their homeland again.
Anyway, profiting of a breach in the Assyrian placement, the third army break through and walk to Assur, the second city of the Assyrian Kingdom... but what a surprise. They where waiting us with unknown weapons ! Some Heavy War Towers...

Egypts offensive need alway more and more backup, and since there are no roads in the desert, units take too much time to arrive...
Desparately looking on the maps, find only one way to boost up the offensive.

...crossing the desert North through the Hebrews Kingdom.

Ok, then we’re going to use the same tricks as the Assyrian !
A stunning deal is made with Solomon, pushing the Hebrews in the right side of this conflict.

Ramses would have paid a high price to see the face of Assubinipal at the moment he will receive this information...

Front line in 932BC

Our armies have taken Assur and are marching against Ninive the Assyrian capitole as the Assyrians launch a desperate offensive North of Assur.

Not learning from what’s happening here near Assur, the Romans declared war on us for the second time...

Nevertheless, on next springs Egyptian army launched the (hoped so) final assault on Ninive. ‘This city must fall at all prices’ ordered Ramses. And so did his generals.

Standing on his balcony, Assurbanipal known it was the end. By his own eyes he can see not less than 150 000 Egyptians soldiers in front of the walls of his great Ninive. He retired himself in his private sanctuary. While he prayed Ishtar, one can saw an tear rolling down his face, he was asking ‘What ? What did I do wrong ?’...
The weakened capitol fall in less than a week... and Assurbanipal is captured !

Next stand the city of Korsabad.
Here’s a picture of the Egyptian and Hebrew Armies preparing to siege the city...

Some accomplishment of this era.

Great wonder is build in Alexandria, the Colossus !

Assyrians slaves building a road through the eastern desert.

I can't stop reading it so good, so's tho mod :) :)

Actually it was in Asia minor. they became weatlthy on trade with the Greeks and the Hittites. this looks good, i wonder if you could post a world map with all cities on it just for a look?

drwsince1987 said:
Yeah its really good.

But shouldn't Troy be Greece?

Troy was just a city in Greece, you know.
I thought it was, well you learn something new every day :)

Troy was Troy. Back then Greece wasn't like a modern nation state, each city was basically its own city-state, and if you weren't a city state, you were the colony of another one. So Athens was its own state, same as Sparta, and same for Troy. They were the same ethnic background, but not the same thing.

Great art for the wonder splashes! Seems they were made by the same artist, is that by you :yeah: ? Very good story also, with a tad of romance (poor Dido, I hope all will go well for her and that she will mary a handsome Roman rather than being taken into slavery by a tyranic pharaoh!). A misery for the Romans, I can feel they will be crushed soon ;)

@Slyda
Here's the world map ;)

@Biral
Your right. And in my Mod, Athen, Sparta and Troy are differents Civs :coffee:
and btw Troy is in asia Minor.

@Pinkilapia
Are you kidding me ? ;) I'm not so talented to draw such nices wondersplashes...
I'm affraid the Romans are way too far from Egypt right now to hope a mass invasion (Egypt hadn't the request fleet to do a large scale landing) :blush: .
And BTW, it's not 'poor Dido' but 'Rich Dido', she's the leader of the Carthaginian trade empire after all :D . And Ramses Harem is wide open for her...

Chapter 11 - Vicious Venue

While ever fighting the Assyrians in our rightous crusade, the Hittites forces attacked us by surprise, without any declaration of war !!!
It’s obvious that they made a secret pact together against us.

This is going to slow our advance...

A point of the known world at this time

And the front line

In less than a week the number of Hittites units has been multiplicated by at least 20 !
Our long range supply line and our already weakened army will be no match for them...

Ramses, the sun son, has one more time the answer at the problem.
Let Troy, Phoenicia and Lacedemonians enter the war against King Labarnas evil armies.

There’s alway a solution...

The main goal here is to attack the Hittites Kingdom by any sides !

In one month, things begun to heating up !
On the eastern front Egypt lost Imgur-Enlil to the oversized Hittite army and Tur-Abdin to the weakened Assyrians.
Egypt eastern army is about to collapse...
The only good news is that the operation Wrath of Horus is a complete success, the Sardis peninsula is under our control. The Hittites doens’t have any more harbor on mediteranean sea, and their fleet cruising in the black sea is blocked her by the Trojan lock in the Bosphorus. Egypt heartland is secure, no direct sea assault and landing can be managed for the moment.

BTW, our recent losses have made Egypt generals rethink the way they manage a battle, this has lead to the creation of Battle Tactics...

...some of them even think that they should force every citizens to serve in the royal army at least 5 years in their live... Ramses allowed them to proceed.

Those evils armies are hurting us so badly that everyone is loosing his faith on Egypt !

Against his feelings, Ramses proposed peace to Assyria...

This treaty offers us the 2 remnants cities in the far east on the caspian sea shores... but yet we have to protect them against the Hittites.
And there offensive continue...

In the mean time, Triomphal Arch is built in Thebes in honor of our great armies.

Whoa! In my game the Assyrians have gone power mad and detroyed Babylon and Persia and there massive, but in you game they are a teeny tiny little civ.
PS I Egypt too

Chapter 12 - The Great War

What a powerful oppenent !
Repports are saying that they is a countless number of them...
This time, Ramses known that he put his diplomatic credibility in the balance.
All diplomatic efforts are made to build the greatest coalition ever !

Front line in 780BC, by the time where the Athenians choosed to joined the coalition.

And seems to work !
Hittites army seems to fly away the battlefield...

Egypt ever growing coalition.

740BC
Troy give up. They make peace with King Labarna
Not a so big problem, the balance of the forces is heading in favor of Egypt, and thus Hittites army remain extremely powerful, our generals did finally regain all the field they had previously lost.

Imgur-Elil and her large Lapis-Lazulis mines are back ! We can finally restart our great enlightment program in Ninive where Ramses want to build his summer palace...

Time to take a global look at all the fronts lines because our Lacedemonians allies are signing peace too !

Triple_C said:
Whoa! In my game the Assyrians have gone power mad and detroyed Babylon and Persia and there massive, but in you game they are a teeny tiny little civ.
PS I Egypt too

That's why I've attacked them so early...
But I think that I've made a mistake here. By weakened them so hard, they could no more block the crazy Hittites expensions. And now I've got an over powerful enemy... :wallbash: :aargh: :shakehead

Top Bottom