1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kibikus, Jul 23, 2020.

1. bbbt

bbbt Deity

The devs read these forums and know someone would find this.

So I think the question is more did the dev use this as an example as hint or to troll :)

2. Mediocrity

Mediocrity Warlord

Considering how highly requested Vietnam is (at least on the Civfanatics forums) it would be kind of cruel to tease it and then be like "nope lol hahaha you should've seen the look on your face."

3. lotrmith

lotrmith King

Abundant Legendary?

tedhebert and Hawke9 like this.
  4. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Correct!

tedhebert and Hawke9 like this.
  5. 10101100

10101100 Chieftain

the patch notes say
    "[Rise and Fall or Gathering Storm]
    Secret Societies Game Mode"

I have rise and fall but no game mode available, guess I overestimated their generosity

6. wesplaysciv

wesplaysciv Chieftain

Agreed definitely think there will be this in an Asia focused pack. There's no reason not to start hinting at what's next. After all, we heard about Ethiopia and SS over two months before release.

Now what about the "Alternate Economy" mode? Hoping that is corporations as an addition and not something totally alternate, since we've been promised that new modes would (mostly) be left on.

Hawke9 likes this.
  7. Haig

Haig Deity

I think KublaiKhan_Vietnam does not mean Kublai leads Vietnam but it is the content of the pack like example GranColombia_Maya.

So I belive them and alternative economy will be DLC 5 !

CPWimmer, nzcamel, Hawke9 and 11 others like this.
  8. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yes, I am now in agreement after the example from the Ethiopia Pack was shown for comparison.

Jkchart, CPWimmer, nzcamel and 3 others like this.
  9. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

That cant be intended? Doesn't that translate to 3-4 extra governor titles in the ancient era while only ''needing'' one more? That must be a bug.

The notes make it sound like you need a certain amount of visibility to see it, but that is not the case it seems? Too bad.

nzcamel and acluewithout like this.
  10. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

I just had another 0MB update that removed those readme files. If there was any doubt Kublai/Vietnam are coming, it should be gone now. :p

Jkchart, hhhhhh, CPWimmer and 15 others like this.
  11. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

It can't be a coincidence that Kublai and Vietnam have both been heavily speculated for NFP...

12. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Warlord

I don't know if it is mentioned somewhere, and if so, I am sorry.

It seems that we can put district on bonus ressource, and those bonus ressource do not disappear right away (during a Secret Society game). Do not trust the tooltip: the bonus ressource isn't erased right away. They do disappear at some point (likely: upon completion of district), but I managed to make them disappear even if I didn't complete the district (maybe it disappear when you complete something?). Can someone confirm this? I will check if I got some mods doing this?

It doesn't work with feature (only tested with forest and it is gone the moment I put the district).

13. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

Please excuse the dumb question but what does Kublai have to do with being a separate country? I understand Vietnam but We already have Mongolia and doubt we will get an alternate leader. What is the second country we are getting in September? Sorry, just trying to understand.

14. Jart

Jart Chieftain

Just gor a new small patch

15. DogeEnricoDandolo

DogeEnricoDandolo Prince

This is for the January pack where we will have an alternative leader and a brand new civ. Kublai is expected to lead at least Mongolia, and most likely China as well.

CPWimmer, nzcamel, Banazir864 and 2 others like this.
  16. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Pack 5 in NFP is a new Civ + an alternate leader that requires Rise&Fall. It has been speculated, that, therefore, this alternate leader should have to deal with one of the Rise & Fall civs, and of all of them (Korea, Cree, Scotland, Mongolia, The Netherlands, Mapuche and Zulu), the most likely for doubling leader is Mongolia (Netherlands could be as well, but not so likely)

Jkchart, CPWimmer, borad and 2 others like this.
  17. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

The penultimate pack includes 1 new civilization, 2 new leaders, with 1 of those leaders requiring RF. We are assuming that one leader is an alternate leader to a Rise and Fall civilization, we assume that specific leader is likely going to be Kublai, and this supports it.

nzcamel, MisterBoomBoom and slyone14 like this.
  18. slyone14

slyone14 Warlord

I understand, thank you. That clears it up. I was wondering.

19. kryat

kryat King

Someone seems to have been playing a lot of green cards in 7 wonders, then thought: “Why isn’t this in our game?”

20. AsH2

AsH2 Prince

..but not likely China as well - would otherwise not require R&F (but been a bonus for Mongolia).