1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[NFP] Ethiopia Pack Patch Notes Discussion

Discussion in 'Civ6 - General Discussions' started by Kibikus, Jul 23, 2020.

1. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I found this in Teddy Roosevelt's new leaders.xml file.

LeaderText="LOC_LOADING_INFO_LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT" DawnOfManLeaderId="LEADER_T_ROOSEVELT"/>
    </LoadingInfo>
    <StartBiasTerrains>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_DESERT_MOUNTAIN" Tier="5"/>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_GRASS_MOUNTAIN" Tier="3"/>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_PLAINS_MOUNTAIN" Tier="3"/>
    <Row CivilizationType="CIVILIZATION_AMERICA" TerrainType="TERRAIN_TUNDRA_MOUNTAIN" Tier="5"/>
    </StartBiasTerrains>
    </GameInfo>

Not sure if this will only apply to one teddy or another, or any American Leader. But maybe this routine is only run when playing a certain Teddy? I'm not really a sql expert.

hhhhhh and Eagle Pursuit like this.
  2. Eagle Pursuit

Eagle Pursuit Scir-Gerefa

Yeah, it looks examplish... And obviously Kublai wouldn't lead Vietnam.

The real question would be... are these things being used as examples because they aren't in NFP?

3. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

I'll have to look later, but the ethiopian faith from improved resources ability is actually applied to the city, not the tiles:
    upload_2020-7-23_14-46-3.png
    I wonder how flexible the modifier is for this (assuming its a standard modifier.) You could do a lot.
    Also, it is geometric scaling: 1 resource provides 1, 2 provide 2 each for 4, 3 provide 3 each for 9, etc. This is really, really good.

4. JJOne

JJOne Prince

For me it sort of broke faith buying so far. (having monumentality golden age and Valletta only allows me to faith buy settlers/walls in the one city I've settled today after the update)

5. lotrmith

lotrmith King

I KNEW IT!!

I'm really happy with this. It makes city planning, city-to-city tile ownership, and harvesting (bonus resources) way more strategic.

nzcamel and Pietato like this.
  6. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Damn! Why did I read the readme in the ARX folder and not in the base folder.... :wallbash:. But yes, for sure they are examples, ¿"Alternate Economy" mode? ¿who in his mind considers that as a game mode?

It seems the packer for this DLC did not do his job so well :nono: :READMEs are all over the place: Teddy's files, CdM's files, Ethiopia files.... (all the same, no luck with other packs than 4)

Well no, Ethiopia's Readme is
    Code:
    1. Gameplay that needs to be on by default (ex. Ethiopia_GameplayData.xml for the new content, Ethiopia_Expansion2.xml for tweaks specific to playing in the XP2 ruleset like making the Oromo Cavalry replace the Courser)
    2. Gameplay that is part of an optional mode, specifying the ruleset needed (if any) and ending in “_Modes” (ex. Menelik_Expansion2_Modes.xml for content related to the Secret Societies game mode)

Just in case you were interested :mischief:

7. Vandlys

Vandlys Prince

Just finished my first game as Ethopia. Rushed a religious victory. Achievement did not pop, so I think that's a bug =.=

Also, got 3 secret societies, but no Void Singers. Kept on waiting until I got that one because it seemed to suit Ethopia a bit more. Saw the Owls of Minerva, Sanguine Pact, and Hermetic Order, but kept holding on to one governor upgrade just in case, but didn't get any Void singers : (

Think I might roll another game with Ethopia and take it more easy on the religion =.=

8. DWilson

DWilson Where am I? What turn is it?

This is my best case scenario for the alt leader pack and I am ecstatic at the small boost in likelihood!

Jkchart, Hawke9 and AntSou like this.
  9. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am.

As I said, start biases are set per Civilization not Leader. In the base game America has no Terrain start biases, but if you have the Teddy Persona then those newly defined biases will apply to both leaders regardless (i.e. not leader specific).

10. iammaxhailme

iammaxhailme Emperor

I can confirm it works that way. It also works for bonus resources too, not just luxuries (and modded in ones). Presumably strategics as well.

tedhebert and lotrmith like this.
  11. Dearmad

Dearmad Dead weight

Moderator Action: Merged from separate thread --NZ
    What AI changes are you noticing, if anything....

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 23, 2020
  12. Maximo the Xth

Maximo the Xth Warlord

Are you being sarcastic? That's pretty much confirmation that we're getting Kublai and Vietnam in DLC 5, especially since we already know the new leader is from a R&F civ.

Noble Zarkon and nzcamel like this.
  13. Nerevatar

Nerevatar Warlord

I'm out of town so I can test stuff out myself, and the following was not entirely clear from reading this thread and the patch notes. Any kind soul can share the following information?
    1. Do government tiers still give influence points, so you effectively double dip with the DQ? Or is the only source of influence points now the DQ?
    2. What is the cost of DQ? Normal district cost or something?
    3. Can you decline the invitation to a SS? Yes from what I read, but is rejecting removing the invitation or do you just not respond and it stays open? Which leads me to:
    4. Can you get invited to the same SS multiple times (example: reject Owls, then nothing else shows up, but you get Owls again and decide to take it)?
    5. What diplomatic visibility level do you need to see SS of other civs?
    6. Bonus question for the code sniffers: Can the odds of getting each SS be modded? Can the triggering event be modded?

14. Sostratus

Sostratus Deity

Maybe it is confirmation!
    But developers leave notes like this all the time and the guy who wrote it could have just conjured up an example for illustration. Kublai & Vietnam would fit with popular demand, but one must be careful about reading too much into it. He could well have just used something that was talked about at a meeting once.

15. Laurana Kanan

Quoted from the livestream discussion thread. I wasn't entirely sure based on the what was said in the livestream whether the castle tile yields would go to the capital regardless of location, but based on the pedia description it seems to be the case that they all go there.
    ───────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────────
    Also from the livestream discussion thread.
    As suspected, SameAdjacentValid is set to 'false' for the vampire castles so no building them next to each other.

Pfeffersack and Pietato like this.
  16. Red Adept

Red Adept Warlord

From my limited experience:

3 - you can ignore the request from a secret society. It stays open and you have to scroll in the governors screen (I used my scroll wheel) to see the options available to you. What's awesome is that you can choose not to join a SS and then get MORE Governor titles from each new SS you discover. I'm not sure if you get the free titles once you've chosen a SS.

4 - Doesn't matter, the original invite is still there, you just need to scroll through to find it... until you pick a SS and the rest disappear.

5 - Once you've chosen a SS and have met the other SS, you can tell at a glance in the trade screen if the leader is following one you met.

Nerevatar likes this.
  17. Josephias

Josephias Emperor

Yes, you do get the free governor titles. Actually, it fits: you get 4 free governor titles, and you'll need 4 governor titles during the game to upgrade the society. The only thing is you get all them right at the start.

The text that appears when a secret society has been chosen and you find other changes a bit. It basically said they approach you, but you grin, revealing you are already part of other secret society. Too late for them, because they approached you too much and revealed you the basic signs of their society (that's the reason you can tell which SS other leaders are)

Datgingah, Pfeffersack and Nerevatar like this.
  18. TheMarshmallowBear

TheMarshmallowBear Benelovent Chieftain of the BearKingdom

No, not in this method, if they wer eleaving it as an example they wouldn't just pick two random civs/leaders off the top of the hat. This IS a leak. If they wanted an example they would've used something laready existing like France_Mode and Gorgo_Mode or whatever the readme was. No, they specified Vietnam and Kublai as well as "Alternate Economy".

Datgingah, Meluhhan, Hawke9 and 2 others like this.
  19. Laurana Kanan

Yes, there is a base percentage chance that can be modded (e.g. You have a 70% chance to be invited to join the Voidsingers when a goody hut is entered.) However, the four triggers are hardcoded, but they could be switched around among the four SSs if you wanted.

The other percentages are:
    80% chance for Owls of Minerva when discovering a CS.
    100% chance for Hermetic Order when discovering a NW.
    70% chance for Sanguine Pact when entering a Barb camp.

Eyswein, Datgingah, Meluhhan and 6 others like this.
  20. Noble Zarkon

Noble Zarkon Elite Quattromaster - Emperor (BTS) Moderator Hall of Fame Staff Supporter GOTM Staff

Nice start for my first game with Ethiopia!

Interesting that when you trigger a Secret Society you get a standard governor title, you can use it on whoever you want e.g Magnus.

20200723213508_1.jpg

CoconutTank and TCBB like this.