Resource icon

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) v.29 beta 5b

Why don't you just download them from here, and unzip them to your MODS folder manually?

EDIT: BTW, .civ5mod files are just 7-zip files, so you can also unzip those manually if the game left a copy in your MODS folder. The naming of the folder doesn't matter; in fact, you can put them in subfolders and the game will still find it.

Or curse it all!! I posted in the complete wrong thread! I was wanting to post in the original RED thread... I am really not having a good day (and its not even 8am :( ). Sorry about the mix-up, and what you suggested is exactly what I intend to try...

FYI: Nutty, your 'just ethnic diversity' mod-mod DL-ed fine, its the main RED mod itself that is the issue...

Thanks anyway,

~JD

Hi Nutty,

Thanks for continuing to unofficially update along with R.E.D. I do think I prefer to better see all the new artwork at the expense of the otherwise interesting R.E.D. formations.

Any known issue using this with the current version of City State Diplomacy? With CSD v34, the rescaling isn't happening. I tried enabling the code block in the compatibility file, but no dice. Double checked the activation order, cleared cache etc etc... Something may have changed (I haven't used CSD in a while) or I'm overlooking something obvious.

Still at R.E.D v20

edit: Started from a clean mod base and narrowed it down a bit. Basically:

R.E.D. + J.E.D. works
CSD + R.E.D. + J.E.D. works
CivUP + R.E.D. + J.E.D. works
CivUP + CSD + R.E.D. + J.E.D. breaks rescaling

hmm...

How did I forget to upload J.E.D. v22? EDIT: Uploaded to Steam and the CFC Database.

Anyway, that's really weird. I don't see how something with the City State Diplomacy Mod would affect anything related to scale--EDIT: in fact, since I copied R.E.D.'s reference associations, J.E.D. specifically activates itself AFTER CSD, so that can't be it.

EDIT #2: Make sure you don't have multiple versions of the same mod. Odd as it is, even without the other being enabled, I've seen conflicts arise.

Ah, thanks much for the update. I'll start clean again with that and latest RED.

My folder has only unique mods in it though. I install everything manually and delete all civ5mod packages. It couldn't be picking up 7z archives, could it?

Here's something else unusual I somehow missed earlier. Maybe it will give a clue as to what's going on technically...

That's the new Celtic warrior mixed up with... I think, the new default euro warrior. R.E.D. alone with the other mods doesn't produce that. edit : Some other units show mixed varieties as well. It sort of looks like it's inserting extra guys and maintaining RED's formation and numbers

Attachments

• mixed_unit01.jpg
    mixed_unit01.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 475
Celtic warriors have had 2 models in R.E.D. since at least v20.

All the units should be fine in J.E.D. v22. Let me know if you see otherwise with your combination of mods.

Celtic warriors have had 2 models in R.E.D. since at least v20.

All the units should be fine in J.E.D. v22. Let me know if you see otherwise with your combination of mods.

Ah, right you are ;) There are 3 models in the shot I posted though. Look at the blond club bearers in the middle of the pack... that's a completely different model. Also, the unit is too big (numerically) despite what I suggested earlier.

I'll try to post a comparison shot that illustrates better.

edit: attached some shots of Russian warriors...

R.E.D has 18 men in the unit. Adding JED, it goes to 12 and upscales properly. With the problematic arrangement of these two mods with City State Diplomacy and CivUP, I'm seeing 30 men per unit with 12 being the wrong model. There's also no upscaling.

Attachments

• RED.jpg
    RED.jpg
    437.4 KB · Views: 141
  • RED-and-JED.jpg
    RED-and-JED.jpg
    419.7 KB · Views: 170
  • Problem.jpg
    Problem.jpg
    422.3 KB · Views: 130
Sorry, I hadn't realized when the switch to talking about v22 occurred.

(Un)fortunately, I'm not seeing the same thing on my side running CivUP + CSD + R.E.D. + J.E.D. The scale and models are fine for me as far as the units you indicate.

EDIT: Does anyone else have a similar problem with that (or any other) configuration of mods?

Thanks Nutty. I'll look into debugging this combo using the available tools, but I need to brush up a bit first.

It really isn't a huge deal, just an interesting technical glitch. It would seem something is being referenced out of sequence or perhaps re-referenced when it shouldn't.

To be clear, I should be enabling the code block in JEDCompatibility.sql, yes? Doing so doesn't solve the problem, but I wanted to be sure whether or not that was functional or just a leftover.

Re JEDCompatiblity.sql: No, that code block comes from R.E.D. (where it's also disabled and unnecessary).

You're quite right that it seems that J.E.D. is being activated before R.E.D. despite the fact that the associations require it to be the opposite. If that's true, then the issue may be because both R.E.D. and J.E.D. use C.S.D. as a reference, and that's inexplicably invalidating the dependency relationship between them...

You could try deleting the line
Code:
<Mod id="abaa043a-f851-4c61-bd18-52d480862cd0" minversion="0" maxversion="999" />
from the <References> section of J.E.D.'s .modinfo file.

Tried that and got the same result.

The problem would seem to lie somewhere between CivUP and CSD when the database is constructed. J.E.D works as intended with either one, but not both.

Odd that it's just me though. I made one small edit to CivUP to include Alpaca's camera rotation in worldview.lua, but nothing else I can think of.

Can the modders put up the list of units changed with the v.22 update? I'm pretty invested in The Maya in particular.

And is there a database or something that shows every unit model for each civ? Just curious. Might be arduous, but I'd compile something like that provided I'm bored enough.

edit: Whoop, nevermind. I guess everyone went to the RED Modpack topic.

Oops. I'm not sure when I did it, but it looks like I accidentally fixed Firaxis' spelling error (the member define is supposed to be for SKY_INFANTRY). Re-uploaded here and to Steam.

Thanks for the heads-up!

Top Bottom