Resource icon

Ethnic Diversity (R.E.D. Unofficial) v.29 beta 5b

@Nutty once you have a chance, Could you check the compatibility of the newest version of Cultural Diversity with Ehtnic diversity? Much appreciated.
I've got a big deadline at work. Can someone else check whether the wrong soundtrack is still an issue?

I think after going back to the vanilla scaling option, I'm settled. The RED scaling option is just too small, I can hardly see the units on the map sometimes because they blend in with the terrain.

I've got a big deadline at work. Can someone else check whether the wrong soundtrack is still an issue?
Hey man, I know that you're probably incredibly busy, but yeah, the buggy soundtrack with CulDiv is still a problem, unfortunately. Could you inspect the problem if you do find the time? Thanks so much.

Last edited:
The DLC didn't work, so I pulled it.
With validate database enabled in config.ini, it fills with hundreds of lines of this type:
Invalid Reference on ArtDefine_UnitInfoMemberInfos.UnitMemberInfoType - "ART_DEF_UNIT_MEMBER_MISSIONARY_RENAISSANCE" does not exist in ArtDefine_UnitMemberInfos

Is it normal functioning for this to show in database.log logging? :undecide:

Last edited:
This is the--admittedly not ideal, but yes--expected behavior, because the database includes entries for the "Unit Pack for Mods" and an unfinished "Era and Embarked Diversity" feature.

In general, while validate database can be a helpful tool, it's usually not necessary for troubleshooting and in fact can be misleading in many cases. But I appreciate your thoroughness.

In general, while validate database can be a helpful tool, it's usually not necessary for troubleshooting and in fact can be misleading in many cases. But I appreciate your thoroughness.
I was concerned because of the art defines list. I had assumed initially that I had a mod conflict or configuration mistake on my part. Thank you.

Did anyone ever figure out how to fix the glitchy music? Or did we all just decide to give up?
Work and home life have been hectic of late and I haven't made the time to work much on this mod.

I did have a little time to look at what JFD is now doing in his latest version, and I just don't see any way the soundtrack stuff would conflict. This ultimately might be a memory allocation issue with the CiV engine or something, but there's really nothing we could do about that without using less diversity in either or both of these mods.

I can think of a couple things someone could try, but I'm not very hopeful. I'll see if I can get around to it at some point, but anyone should be able to try them out:

First, ensure you see this issue with no other mods besides E.D. and CulDiv loaded.

We both make edits to some of the same tables (the art defines and the Civilizations table). He has entries for general art defines and missionary diversity in his tables, but they aren't being used. The only art defines he's playing with are his embarked diversity, but my embarked diversity is disabled. The only thing that we both change is a few of the building artstyles, but even so... because I have a reference to his mod, he makes his changes when CulDiv loads, then when E.D. loads, it makes my changes. None of this should affect the SoundtrackTag. You could try disabling the architecture and embarkation changes in the JFD_CulDiv_UserSettings.sql file, i.e.:
Code:
INSERT INTO JFD_GlobalUserSettings
        (Type,                                              Value)
VALUES  ('JFD_CULDIV_ARCHITECTURE_CHANGES',                 0), --Cities retain their artstyle upon capture.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_ARCHITECTURE_CHANGES_BRAZIL',          0), --Brazil City Artstyle changes from South American to Graeco-Roman.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_ARCHITECTURE_CHANGES_HUNS',            0), --Huns City Artstyle changes from Asian to European.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_ARCHITECTURE_CHANGES_INDIA',           0), --India City Artstyle changes from Asian to Mid-East.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_ARCHITECTURE_CHANGES_OTTOMANS',        0), --Ottoman City Artstyle changes from Mid-East to Graeco-Roman.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_ARCHITECTURE_CHANGES_PORTUGAL_SPAIN',  0), --Portugal/Spain City Artstyle changes from European to Graeco-Roman.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_ARCHITECTURE_CHANGES_ZULU',            0), --Zulu City Artstyle changes from Mid-East to South American.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_EMBARKATION_CHANGES',                  0), --Some Cultures have unique Embarkation graphics.
        ('JFD_CULDIV_SOUNDTRACK_ADDON',                     1); --Disable this if you're not using the Soundtrack Addon - this will ensure vanilla tracks are preserved.

This one is clutching at straws, but Ethnic Diversity and the CulDiv Soundtrack modmod both have a reference to the CulDiv Core mod, so it should load before either of them. Even if E.D. is activated between CulDiv Core and the Soundtrack modmod, I can't see how that would cause a conflict, but CiV's Reference behavior can be a little wonky sometimes (though AFAIK that should only really affect the VFS files, which isn't pertinent here). Anyway, you could try adding a reference to the Soundtrack mod to the References section of the Ethnic Diversity .modinfo file to ensure that E.D. doesn't get between the two, i.e.:
Code:
<Mod id="cae0781c-556f-4c97-8fba-4d6eb612533f" minversion="0" maxversion="999" title="Cultural Diversity Soundtrack" />

If all else fails, to try to get to the bottom of this I'd compare the database with a program like SQLiteStudio:
1. Put CiV into windowed mode instead of fullscreen. I use DX9 for windowed and DX11 for fullscreen, since they use different config files it keeps the video settings separate.
2. Enable just CulDiv and start a new game, then switch to SQLiteStudio. With the game in the background, load %userprofile%\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\cache\Civ5DebugDatabase.db. Export the Civilizations table and the Audio_Sounds and Audio_2DSounds tables.
3. Repeat #2, but start a new game after loading both mods at the same time.
4. Open the exported tables in a diff program and compare them. There will be differences in the 3 ArtStyle columns of the Civilizations table which shouldn't be the cause of this issue, but the SoundtrackTag column should be the same in both, and the Audio tables should be identical.
5. If they are as described, then I'm stumped for a solution.

Last edited:
Any idea why i get a CTD when the City State turn takes action?

I'm currently in the Enlightement era.

@bockyx : This is tough to troubleshoot since it doesn't happen on the 3 PCs I've used for testing, but I've seen some custom units seem to not like some video cards.

Are you using other mods? Are you using the Art Pack for Mods for enhanced EE support? If so, try disabling it. Can you provide a save that shows this consistently on your PC? Are you willing to go through some tedious process-of-elimination experiments?

I'm willing fam.
My modlist:

- VoxPopuli April 20th (3.4.20.5)
- Leugi's Barbarian Inmersion Enhancements (v. 1)
- Calypso's Colored religious Icons (basic) (v. 4
- City Limits (v. 7)
- Civ Names by Policies (v. 8)
- Easy Promotions (v. 1)
- EE (Vox Populi) (v. 1)
- Faster Aircraft Animations (v. 3)
- Global - GA Happiness (v. 1)
- Global - Local Generals (v. 2)
- Global Morale (v. 1)
- Info Addict (v. 22)
- IGE (v. 39)
- Promotions - Ancient Ruins Coice (v. 2)
- Promotions Expansion Pack (v. 9)
- Quick Turns (v. 10)
- Resource - Mint Include Copper (v. 2)
- Tacturns BNW (v. 3) (Modified one)
- Terrain - Poor Tiles Tweak (v. 2)
- Unit Path Viewer (v. 10)
- Wonder Race (v. 7)
- Workable Mountains (v. 2)

Btw, i'm using the mpmpm to make a DLC, i just started a new game in the In the industrial era in just a few turns it crashed (maybe like 3 turns). Right now i'll try doing it from the MODS menu without the DLC hack.

(Sorry for bad english :lol:)

Attachments

• Communitas.Civ5Save
    2.4 MB · Views: 191
Ah, you're using Vox Populi. If the crash isn't consistent, then it starts to look like reports like this one that say game setups with, e.g., a huge map + V.P. + FlagPromotions + R.E.D. Modpack [or E.U. or E.D.] = guaranteed instability because of memory allocation issues in the Civ game core. The Community Patch DLL needs a lot of RAM for its enhanced AI, and since Civ5 is a 32-bit program, it maxes out under the 4GB mark.

The moral, I guess, is that you can't have it all; something's gotta give. Try using a smaller map with less civs, lose a mod or two or three: Lua-heavy mods can have a surprisingly big footprint. I love Unit Path Viewer, but I suspect that one consumes some cycles. The problem, of course, is that the instability doesn't start getting bad until you're invested by the mid- to late game so it's hard to know how far you can push it (except for the mods, like this one, that can be disabled and enabled mid-game).

Are you still working on this mod, especially the Unit Pack For Mods?
Not really, but if you've got ideas for specific [already converted] unit models to apply to specific mod units, I'm all ears!

Top Bottom