Ethnicae - Mac / PC compatible Mod

Will need beta testers/guinea pigs for ethnicae at the end of this week .....................................

Someone interested in ? :lol:

Thanks to both of you !!! :bowdown:

I fear more crashes than missing arts :rolleyes:
And with your help, it will be much much easier to know what can be improved and what I did wrong for sure :lol:

:band:

*removing high heels* ;)

Hey ! Count me in too !

:lol: :lol: :lol:

I had to tell to FlyingToaster to hide herself for a while ... ;)

Sorry for the delay. I will pm you a link to download the alpha stage of Ethnicae asap.

:)

Don't be jealous Capo : I'm sure there's some lipstick for you too ;)

Don't over think Keinpferd : I'm trying on one of those italian pants CJ drew :p

Hey guinea pigs !
I've got news from the Mad Scientist ( aka CJ ) :nuke:

He managed to send me an email for the Beta. The mod is ready for testing but his internet connection blow up. The whole building is without connection in fact. So he can't really post us a link nor gives us more sweeties :(
He's using the time to improve his work. Which explain why, the mod isn't available as promise, today. :/ He is deeply sorry for that.
His internet provider is working on the problem for almost a week now - I bet he's jumping on the walls ;) - and well, CJ will be back when his provider will allow it. He hopes we'll all be on the forum for the feedbacks, even if it's near xmas :)

I'd go crazy if my connexion blow up. I can't image waiting for technicians to finally find a solution. Isn't the bills suppose to pay for the maintenance ?? :crazyeye:

wow !!! :eek::eek::eek: it's really Christmas Time ! :p

Guys, I'm sorry for this week where I was supposed to give links and so on. But my internet connection is back again :) They had to put my adsl on another plot ... :confused:

So I tested and tested and cleaned my files and made some re-arrangements inside some .xml to give a decent civilization to Pacific. So, Pacific civilization is complete now, with all units ( who speak inca for now ), a specific music, a specific monument ( Mystic Moai Statue ), a unique unit ( a spearman based on Holkan and called Maori Warrior ) a flag, a leader : Tama Te Kapua, pedia entrances in each language ( english, french, german, italian, spanish ) and where I didn't translate, I completed in english So, all languages tags are completed.

I finished ( at last ) the Dutch, added all modern units to Pacific and began the Babylon units ... Yes I know, it's not much and I'm definitely late ...

I'm uploading tonight the mod "as it is" so, I'll pm a link to download it.

- There are some missing buttons ( working now on making the last buttons : only few )
- The Pacific flag is ok in game but pink in the leader intro. I tried and tried and tried but no way :confused: Maybe because it is on a Mac and the usual way doesn't work so. I don't know ... If someone can do it, I'll post the image in both .psd and .png :)

- Just after Classical Era when enter Medieval, I crash. Here the log file :

Code:
Application Specific Information:
objc[1009]: garbage collection is OFF

Thread 0 Crashed:: Dispatch queue: com.apple.main-thread
0   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x98b64a97 memmove$VARIANT$sse42 + 218
1   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x98b8a0a2 __fread + 107
2   libsystem_c.dylib             	0x98b8a01f fread + 65
3   com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x0008e689 mmioRead + 47
4   com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x0000441b CWaveFile::LoadFile(char*) + 669
5   com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x0000660f Miles::SampleOpenAL::AttachFile(char const*, _STREAM*, _SAMPLE*) + 93
6   com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00003883 AIL_open_stream + 353
7   com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x0062ebaf FAudioSystemMiles::InitSoundHandle(FAudioSystem::ESoundType, void*, unsigned long, bool) + 523
8   com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00623818 FAudioManager::Load2DStream(FSharedSoundData*, FStringA*, int) + 202
9   com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x006324a8 FSharedSoundData::Load(int, ESoundLoadType, int, FStringA*, bool, bool) + 1154
10  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x006251fe FAudioManager::AcquireLoadedBuffer(int, int&, bool, bool) + 220
11  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00634112 FSound::DoLoad(FStringA*) + 418
12  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00633d6c FSound::Load(FStringA*) + 64
13  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x0062596e FAudioManager::DoSound(int, bool, float, float, int, int, bool, bool, bool, bool) + 878
14  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x006389e6 FSoundScape::Init(int, float) + 180
15  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x006223f6 FAudioManager::DoSoundscape(int, float, float) + 94
16  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00639bee FSoundScapeMixer::Start(int, float, float) + 658
17  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00622663 FAudioManager::DoSoundScapeMixer(int, float, float) + 89
18  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00a94558 CvAudioGame::DoWorldSoundscape(int, float, float) + 86
19  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00a96ca4 CvAudioGame::UpdateWorldSoundscape() + 448
20  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00a96e6b CvAudioGame::Update(bool) + 81
21  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00a91ea5 CvApp::OnIdle() + 1227
22  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x0066ea41 FWinApp::Run() + 31
23  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00b1ee52 WinMain + 50
24  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x000a7f99 sEventLoopEventHandler(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*) + 111
25  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x999a4920 _InvokeEventHandlerUPP(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*, long (*)(OpaqueEventHandlerCallRef*, OpaqueEventRef*, void*)) + 36
26  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x99820803 _ZL23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCallRec + 1602
27  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x9981fc80 _ZL30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRefP14HandlerCallRec + 482
28  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x9981fa98 SendEventToEventTargetWithOptions + 75
29  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x998356fe _ZL29ToolboxEventDispatcherHandlerP25OpaqueEventHandlerCallRefP14OpaqueEventRefPv + 3152
30  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x99820cbe _ZL23DispatchEventToHandlersP14EventTargetRecP14OpaqueEventRefP14HandlerCallRec + 2813
31  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x9981fc80 _ZL30SendEventToEventTargetInternalP14OpaqueEventRefP20OpaqueEventTargetRefP14HandlerCallRec + 482
32  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x99834aa9 SendEventToEventTarget + 76
33  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x999a476c ToolboxEventDispatcher + 82
34  com.apple.HIToolbox           	0x999a489b RunApplicationEventLoop + 236
35  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x000a8052 InstallEventsAndRunGameLoop() + 166
36  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x000a83ea main + 356
37  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00002642 _start + 216
38  com.aspyr.civ4bts             	0x00002569 start + 41

It seems to be something related with audio. Maybe it won't happen on PC, Xyth said that audio are quite difficult to mod on Mac ... :mischief:

Searching and searching again ( of course )

Except this, EVERYTHING IS RUNNING FINE !

Here some pictures for Pacific :

Spoiler :

Next post : pictures of dutch, pacific ( complete ) and babylon units ;)

Wow, that LH is awesome!
You should post it in the database separately too

PACIFIC

Spoiler :

Oups ! Seems I forgot the settler. Will add tomorrow. ;)

Wow, that LH is awesome!
You should post it in the database separately too

Thanks AbsintheRed ! But about leaderheads, I don't feel ready ( yet ) ... My first attempts were not crappy but le's say ... incomplete for sure ! :lol: I have been unable to give a beard its right place without having the beard moving alone ! :lol:

But I'm happy you like this one :)

I updated too Toyotomi Hideyoshi ( the color of the skin ) inside the mod and it's much better now ( not yet included in the alpha stage ) ... I'll post a picture of him when I'll update download link, etc ...

Pictures very very soon !

NETHERLANDS

( with some Flanders colors )

About the Chariot : I know the uniform is not accurate in the age of chariots ... But Danrell's dutches have always been my favorites ! :lol: So, I left it as it already was. Maybe one day, when i'll have an idea and when it won't be Xmas time ( too busy time ) ;)

Spoiler :

There are too some others like settler and warrior ... Will post pictures 2morrow !

CJ! That leader looks fantastic! In particular you've done an outstanding job on the facial moko - consistent in motif and design to the real thing. I'd love to use him in HR, I've always wanted a quality Maori leader. Great work! The units, as always, are great too, I hope you won't mind me borrowing many of them :)

As for that audio crash, Mac BTS is a bit buggy when it comes to audio and such crashes can occur even in unmodded games. Some systems crash more often than others too. I'm not quite sure what's going on exactly but I think it's some sort of memory leak. Aspyr, of course, have refused to fixed it.

However, if this crash is happening consistently around a change of era I would suggest double-checking the leaders' diplomacy music entries in the xml. I believe a wrong entry there can also cause it, or at least add to whatever the underlying issue is that eventually leads to such a crash. I had a similar problem a while back in HR, where one of my Japanese leaders had bad diplomacy music entries and was causing all sorts of strange issues.

I'd be happy to do some beta testing for you if you want. I won't have time to play any games but I could go through all the unit art and such and see if there are any 'broken' connections or the likes. I'll see if I can help solve that Pacific flag problem too.

You really should upload that LH, as Xyth said, the moko looks superb!!
I remember there were quite a few request for a realistic Maori LH about a year ago
If it's unfinished I'm sure you will get tons of help in improving your LH making skills ;)

CJ! That leader looks fantastic! In particular you've done an outstanding job on the facial moko - consistent in motif and design to the real thing. I'd love to use him in HR, I've always wanted a quality Maori leader. Great work! The units, as always, are great too, I hope you won't mind me borrowing many of them :)

As for that audio crash, Mac BTS is a bit buggy when it comes to audio and such crashes can occur even in unmodded games. Some systems crash more often than others too. I'm not quite sure what's going on exactly but I think it's some sort of memory leak. Aspyr, of course, have refused to fixed it.

However, if this crash is happening consistently around a change of era I would suggest double-checking the leaders' diplomacy music entries in the xml. I believe a wrong entry there can also cause it, or at least add to whatever the underlying issue is that eventually leads to such a crash. I had a similar problem a while back in HR, where one of my Japanese leaders had bad diplomacy music entries and was causing all sorts of strange issues.

I'd be happy to do some beta testing for you if you want. I won't have time to play any games but I could go through all the unit art and such and see if there are any 'broken' connections or the likes. I'll see if I can help solve that Pacific flag problem too.

I'm very pleased if you like Tama Te Kapua :)

I'm uploading right now the alpha stage of Ethnicae and will pm you a link ( a megaupload one ). Thanks a lot for beta testing ! :)

All civilizations are not finished :mischief: and if I want post it before Xmas, I won't have time to finish all the units I wanted :roll eyes: ... So, there will be an update much sooner than expected ! But the Pacific units are all done and you'll rip whatever you want !

I checked many many times LeaderHead entries related to sounds and I noticed Warlord leaders ( and only them + Washington ) have an extra tag at Medieval and Renaissance Eras : <DiploScriptId/>

:confused:

I have a brand new iMac with a quite good graphic card and Lion X.7.2 but this means nothing related to Civ bugs ... I know. I know too that it's more than possible even I read my tags dozen times, I can be blind on some mistakes of mine. But I'll check again and again :

- CIV4LeaderHeadInfos.xml
- AudioDefines.xml
- Audio2DScripts.xml

The alpha stage of Ethnicae is 145Mb compressed and 600Mb uncompressed.

The one I'll provide just before Christmas will be around 700Mb uncompressed.

You really should upload that LH, as Xyth said, the moko looks superb!!
I remember there were quite a few request for a realistic Maori LH about a year ago
If it's unfinished I'm sure you will get tons of help in improving your LH making skills ;)

:lol:

And I'll be happy to get some help ! Thanks to all :crazyeye:

Here comes Babylon ... I still have to work on glossy and add some units. I re-create a head with new hair. And I use a helmet which seems to me more accurate ...
I have to change slightly the color of some shoes and correct head position for some units. But, it's on the run ;)

EDIT : will re-post Babylon units pictures with "new" Sumer units tomorrow/after-tomorrow ...

Top Bottom