1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

Ethnically Diverse Units (4/16/06)

Discussion in 'Civ4 - Unit Graphics' started by Rabbit, White, Apr 16, 2006.

1. No. I'm hoping to make a warlords compatible version this weekend but there's no guarantee.

2. GeoModder

GeoModder Deity

Had a chance to play around a bit with the mod. This is just great! And begs of course for way more. ;)
    One thing I didn't understand: how comes you didn't use the Celtic UU (in Warlords) as a substitute for the axeman in vanilla civ instead as a warrior for the English, French and Germans?

3. Yeah that was a bit of a dilemma. In the end I decided that the default axe of the Celtic warrior was too small :D and I'm gonna make something heftier for the axeman, more in line with the Berserker's axe.

Glad you're enjoying it. :thumbsup:

4. hIdDeN_eViL

hIdDeN_eViL {кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²

just a quick question, why is it that all the square icons appear correctly, but the circle icons are non-existant (for settlers for instance. units that use the original icons display correctly for both quare and circle icons.)

looking though the xml file, i found that it only refers to one file rather than 2, but i always thought that if only one file was specified, it would be used for both purposes?

5. Aranor

Aranor Emperor

6. First of all, are you talking about the circular arrow icons that appear when the unit is off screen or the circular icons you get on the city name when the unit is in production?

I suspect it's the second one, and then the follow up question is, did you put the mod in the civ4 install dir/mods folder or the my docs/my games/civ4/mods folder?

I suspect it's the second one ;), and so try putting the mod in the civ4 install dir/mods folder, and tell me if it solves the problem.

7. sepamu92

sepamu92 Prince

8. Thanks sepamu, I'll fix it for next release.

9. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

WR and Ploep, I just released a modded version of the Dawn of Man screen...

As for hiding the UUs in the starting screens and Dawn of Man, it shouldn't be too hard. BTW, which starting screens are you talking about? I thought the DOM screen was the only starting screen... or are you talking about the civ and leader pick screens?

10. Dude, you're like a machine! The new DoM screen is perfect and it goes into EDU ASAP. Thank you :goodjob:

11. TheLopez

TheLopez Deity

Hey, no problem, thanks for all your hard work on the EDU mod!!!

I was thinking of maybe replacing the starting techs text and UU text with image icons like in the Civilopedia civilization description screen. What do you think?

12. I think for techs, icons would be nice, not for UUs however, obviously :D

13. Spartan117

Spartan117 Immortal

all i can say is amazing job and good luck with more units:)

14. agoodfella

agoodfella Prince

White Rabbit,

Thanks for all your incredible work... looking forward to the Warlords update.

Cheers brother

15. Damn! I'm ecountering trouble with team colors, some of the units are getting that bug where the team color is reverting to red always. What baffles me is that this is happening with some of the warlords units that I haven't modified in any way, such as egyptian archer, chinese spearman and more. What's even worse for some reason the Longbowman are doing that as well :confused: I haven't touched them at all, they're using all vanilla values. What's even worse, yep it gets even worse, is that it's happening in vanilla game as well (at least w/ longbowman, I haven't checked other units). :suicide:

Could someone check this on their computer, for both EDU and vanilla, and if you do this and you actually see the problem (especially with longbowman) let me know if you have Warlords or not.

I have a sneaking suspicion that Warlords somehow messed up the game so that the shaders aren't functioning properly and so I'm seeing this problem, of course that doesn't explain why it doesn't happen on all units.

Anyway, if this is only on my computer, or it happens to longbow in vanilla game to other people then I'll just assume it's a bug with the game, or problem w/ my PC or combination of both, and won't worry about too much (since there's no much I can do). However, if this is EDU problem then I'll need to try to figure it out.

I appreciate any help.

16. hIdDeN_eViL

hIdDeN_eViL {кοтоя дѕѕαѕѕїй}²

sorry for taking so long to get back on this one. busy week.

anyways, i meant the city production icons.

and neither to the second question. i put it in custom assets.

17. Well that's the problem right there. There's some bug assosiated with anything in the My Games\civ4\ folder, and any custom units there will fail to display the city production icon unless they use the default buttons.

18. Ok folks, next update is coming soon, and it will be Warlords compatible :goodjob: (so if you were thinking of downloading the mod now, wait couple of hours :))

I'm still hoping somebody will have feedback on the team color problem. The fix will not make it to the next version obviously but it's still something that needs to be dealt with.

Edit: Version 2.2 is now up :thumbsup:

19. ohcrapitsnico

ohcrapitsnico Deity

I can't wait until you start pumping out some more asian units peticularly Indian ones. Now if I could just get my hands on unique city art for the middle east...
    Awesome units:D It looks so professional you would think Firaxis did this.

20. Amra

Amra the Lion

Rabbit,

Version 2.2 looks terrific and will be going in my updated modpack. Thanks for your hard work. :goodjob: