Ethnically Diverse Units (4/16/06)

Sword_Of_Geddon said:
hey White Rabbit how is converting Kal-el's artwork to Civ4 units coming comrade?
It doesn't. I just don't have time for that. In any case I'm not skilled enough yet to actually take those sketches and make full-fledged units out of them.

What I'm trying to say is... I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

A little preview. There are few more units, and other things, I'd like to add, but whether I'll add everything I want or not, tomorrow evening at the latest I will post the next version.

Rabbit said:
It doesn't. I just don't have time for that. In any case I'm not skilled enough yet to actually take those sketches and make full-fledged units out of them.

What I'm trying to say is... I wouldn't hold my breath. :)

I guess I ment, units loosely based on them, not point-by-point conversions..

Lets see, Caucasian, Indigenous American, African, Asian, Arabian, Egyptian, Indian, Mongolian/Carthage?, Roman, Turkish?

I love the progress; I look forward to an update soon.

agoodfella said:
Hey guys, a few simple q's:

1) Is this compatible with the Warlords XPansion Pack?
2) How do you add individual units?

Thanks
No luck here with loading this into Warlords. Had to click through about 50k XML errors. Hope this weekends update is Warlord compatable as this looks like a 5-star mod.

MajorCyco said:
No luck here with loading this into Warlords. Had to click through about 50k XML errors. Hope this weekends update is Warlord compatable as this looks like a 5-star mod.
I can tell you right now that it's not going to be, I'm sorry. I'm still finishing the vanilla version and once I do I still have other projects I need to get back to. I will look into this next week and depending on how difficult it is, there will be a warlords version either next weekend, or the one after.

However, if anyone wants to take it upon themselves to create a warlords compatible version sooner, I will be grateful. :)

I posted version 2.0 - at this point just the link. I'm gonna update the post itself with description, issues, etc. but it's gonna take some time, so I decided to post the link first. :)

(No new screenshots for now :( other than the one posted above, it would've been yet another delay. I'll make some in time.)

Very cool WR, I'm glad to see this out. As for the dawn of man screen I noticed that too. I'll dig into it and see what I can find.

TheLopez said:
Very cool WR, I'm glad to see this out. As for the dawn of man screen I noticed that too. I'll dig into it and see what I can find.
That would be cool. As you know we have the same problem in WH. Would it be possible to hide the UUs alltogether in Starting screens and Dawn of Man?

Nice additions Rabbit! Pretty sure I can use some of those units.

Hey nice, units to work with ;) and i read you wanna include formations, lets cooperate here, that was what i planned for Regiments Extreme ;) i think it would rock damn everything!

well, did you look at the formations in the new warhammer-test-mod, i think they would be the best base for this ;)

Glad you like it guys. :) What do you think of the horseman?

seZereth said:
Hey nice, units to work with ;) and i read you wanna include formations, lets cooperate here, that was what i planned for Regiments Extreme ;) i think it would rock damn everything!

well, did you look at the formations in the new warhammer-test-mod, i think they would be the best base for this ;)
If you have time to help me out with adding formations that'd be great. I haven't had a chance to look at either regiments or WH but I would particularly like to implement something like what spearman have there (which I read in a post) whereby they got completely different formations for idle, fortify (circle) and attack (cone/triangle), I really like that. No officers for now though, at least not ones that look differently, just the same unit.

Rabbit said:
Glad you like it guys. :) What do you think of the horseman?

If you have time to help me out with adding formations that'd be great. I haven't had a chance to look at either regiments or WH but I would particularly like to implement something like what spearman have there (which I read in a post) whereby they got completely different formations for idle, fortify (circle) and attack (cone/triangle), I really like that. No officers for now though, at least not ones that look differently, just the same unit.

Nice, officers can be added very very easily later when it is worth. i will see what i can do today, it should not be very hard to give you a first version if you already included a formations with all the units in ;)
I hope you will like what i come up with then we will do a mad called xtreme ethnically diverse regiments ( :D joking) , otherwise i will use it for regiments xtreme solo project (i would prefer the first option)

seZereth said:
Nice, officers can be added very very easily later when it is worth. i will see what i can do today, it should not be very hard to give you a first version if you already included a formations with all the units in ;)
I hope you will like what i come up with then we will do a mad called xtreme ethnically diverse regiments ( :D joking) , otherwise i will use it for regiments xtreme solo project (i would prefer the first option)
I was planning to simply integrate it into EDU for future versions (while still keeping a version w/o them as I mentioned). :) One thing I'd like to note however, is that I prefer to have few well implemented formations rather than many in "beta" stages as it were, at least when they are released.

I'd prefer this mod stay a graphic-only mod, personally. I very much appreciate all the work that's going into it, but I figure if people want new units they can get what they want through other mods. Maybe that's just me, though.

In any case, keep up the good work, Rabbit.

Markezuma said:
I'd prefer this mod stay a graphic-only mod, personally. I very much appreciate all the work that's going into it, but I figure if people want new units they can get what they want through other mods. Maybe that's just me, though.

In any case, keep up the good work, Rabbit.
But is that a general stance or do you particularly feel that the Horseman upsets the balance?

As I originally said I also want this to stay a graphical only mod. However, in the case of the Horseman, the "weirdness" of having a unit with a sword require Archery simply overpowered that. Now obviously I could've just changed that and rest of the stats could've stayed the same, but I just decided to go with it, and see how it works out. It barely qualifies as a new unit really :) but I'm of course also open to modifying it in different ways. Maybe the bonuses can be changed, or maybe like I mentioned above, just the requirement changed, and rest of the stats stay the same.

Btw, I know it's a bit silly getting hung up on the Archery thing, after all the Keshik uses a spear, but call me picky, and since it's my mod I reserve the right to be picky. :D

Top Bottom