1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

EUI Compatibility Files (11/16)

Discussion in 'Community Patch Project' started by stackpointer, Nov 15, 2014.

1. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Is anyone else missing the buttons to access other mods like infoaddict or Enhanced Demographics? I'm also missing others that were on the top panel...

This is how I see it... There should be a couple of extra buttons, but the last one there is demographics.

I loaded the EUI without the community patch and it works fine.

Attached Files:

2. Opera

Opera Deity

Do you have CBP's own EUI version? The regular EUI might not work correctly.

3. Elhoim

Elhoim Iron Tower Studio Dev

Yes, everything downloaded from Community Patch - How To Install. I installed the EUI from there, plus compatibility folder.

Digged some more, it seems there's a compatibility issue with some of whoward's UI mods, will check which one. Strange as it worked fine before...

4. MIC132

MIC132 Chieftain

What are the current instructions if using only the CP (not CBP) and normal EUI? Do I still delete /LUA? Or something inside? Do I need the compatibility files?

5. Gazebo

Gazebo Lord of the Community Patch Supporter

CP with normal EUI should just work 'out of the box,' as the LUA for CP does not conflict with EUI.

G

6. MIC132

MIC132 Chieftain

Well, I'm quite sure there is the at least "all yields look like food" problem, unless that was fixed since I last tired (last time I fixed that by removing the yield icon manager from CP).

7. Zibby

Zibby Chieftain

All,

I'm returning to Civ 5 after quite an absence (and a disapointing experience with Civ BE) I've returned to Civ 5, and have been recommended the CBP and associated files (including EUI), but I appear to be having issues with the EUI. These are the steps I have taken (all per the CP instructions page):

1. Saved the following (unzipped) files into the MODS folder (all downloaded from the instructions page):
    Community Patch (v9-9v2)
    Community Balance Patch (v9-9v2)
    City-State Diplomacy Mod (v9-9)
    Civ 4 Diplomacy Features (6/19)
    Barathor's More Luxuries
    CBP - Compatibility Mod (EUI Version) (v9-9)

2. Saved the following (unzipped) files into the DLC folder:
    EUI (CBP Version) (9/5)

3. Deleted the following folders:
    LUA folder in the main Community Patch mod folder
    LUA folder in the main Community Balance Patch mod folder

4. Enabled mods in Civ 5.

However, I don't believe the enchanced UI is working - specifcally, whenever I mouse over any building icons, I get the following (other mouse overs seem to work ok):

assets\DLC\UI_bc1\Core\EUI_tooltips.lua:11
    21:attempt to call field
    'GetPovertyHappinessChangeBuilding'(a nil value)

Latest version of Civ 5 complete (1.0.3.279) and Win 10 if that matters.

Any ideas what's gone wrong? Would love to give this a try.

Thanks,

Mark

8. Zeta12

Zeta12 Chieftain

Not sure if this thread is still active or what, but I'm having the same problem that MIC132 is having in that all the yields display as food when using CP with standard EUI, so i'm hoping that gets fixed

9. Strigvir

Strigvir Emperor

Read installation instructions.

10. Zeta12

Zeta12 Chieftain

I did install CP's EUI Compatibility File but that didn't seem to fix the problem, it could be since i'm using the latest version of EUI which these Files don't cover

11. Lynnes

Lynnes King

As Gazebo stated a few posts above, you don't need any compatibility files when using only CP.
    Just install CP + latest EUI (not the CBP-version), then go to CP's LUA-folder, delete the YieldIconManager-files and you are done. :)

12. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Is it listed anywhere which specific additional "features/fixes" in the later EUI versions are problematic with CBP?
    Are there any that we might really like to have but just haven't been able to find a workaround for yet?
    Keep in mind I haven't seen any of the later official EUI versions for over a year so I have absolutely no idea what @bc_1 has been able to do, the only version I have is this bundled version.

13. Gazebo

Current EUI is same as full EUI except for cached GP icons in cityview (b/c bc_1 won't change this) and odd discussion dialog appearance changes.

G

14. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Excellent, that clears that up nicely. I was under the impression CBP's version was around 1.24 and the current version is a couple iterations past that.

Since that isn't the case I'll put off looking through the code.

15. Gazebo

Every compatible element of EUI is integrated as of the latest EUI. I will not, however, be adding anything else to EUI other than bugfixes (as EUI is becoming less and less other-mod friendly).

G

16. Carloshooter

Carloshooter Chieftain

Is there a way to make the unit panel (from the EUI) not have the changed format, and still play the community patch? I already tried to put the unitpanel.lua from a previous EUI, but with no success.

I'm using the new beta community patch. I got it with CPP installer 1.4.10b.

17. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

So... if someone was to redo the UI to OUR liking and drop using EUI, what sort of things would we want to have?
    I'm trying to understand @bc_1's stance on the "Fair use" policy he has on his mod. Seems to me he is trying to say the changes he has made are his and any other mod that does the same is infringing copywrite? Seems like he is implying there are no other ways to have a UI do similar things to EUI. I beg to differ.

18. Gazebo

Modifications of EUI are not allowed by bc1 – he doesn't want 'mod mods.'

G

19. ExpiredReign

ExpiredReign Deity

Yeah I get that, hence my question as to what we would want IF another UI mod was to be created.

@bc_1 has made some good changes but a lot of the things has employed were done by other mods before his:
    city border shown when mouseover
    tooltips displaying extra info
    toppanel being enhanced with extra detail
    etc.

I like EUI but I see from user comments a lot don't use it. If there were an alternative that wasn't so "in your face" as EUI, maybe 'Vox Populi' could have just one look to it.

20. Gazebo

I'm super duper duper not interested in rewriting the UI for civ. Roughly -1000% interest in that. Sorry. I hate lua.

G