EUI Compatibility Files (11/16)

New version of the EUI compatible Citybannermanager.lua file inbound. This version contains happiness info from all components but in order for the text strings to show up the text strings below need to be added to Community Balance Patch\Modular Elements\Happiness Mod\HappinessText.xml. I haven't looked at the latest releases but number one may have added.

Gazebo: Would you add the following text strings for this to work properly?

Spoiler :
Code:
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_CONNECTED">
			<Text>[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Connected[ENDCOLOR]</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_NOT_STARVING">
			<Text>[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Well fed[ENDCOLOR]</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_RELIGION_NOT_DIVIDED">
			<Text>[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Religious unity[ENDCOLOR]</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_EO_CITY_NOT_PILLAGED">
			<Text>[COLOR_POSITIVE_TEXT]Well worked Lands[ENDCOLOR]</Text>
		</Row>
		<Row Tag="TXT_KEY_EO_MINORITY_UNHAPPINESS">
			<Text>[COLOR_NEGATIVE_TEXT]({1_Num})[ENDCOLOR] from Religious Divisions (Needs Followers of [ICON_RELIGION] Majority Religion).</Text>
		</Row>[/SPOILER]

\Skodkim
Spoiler :

Yep, I'll add it. Mind writing up a 'how-to install' for me to post to the main thread? I'll admit even I am a bit lost with the changes you and JFD have made.

G

Yep, I'll add it. Mind writing up a 'how-to install' for me to post to the main thread? I'll admit even I am a bit lost with the changes you and JFD have made.

G

I second this. I'd love to test out the updates that have been made but I'm afraid I really don't know exactly what to do at this point. :D

Ok, I've uploaded a file with the necessary files to make it work. It also includes a readme file with instructions. It's all a matter of knowing which files/folders to remove and which files to overwrite (do backups).

The instructions I give here work for me - I haven't seen any problems or error messages - but it may be that that are alternatives.

This file is based on CBP v13.4.4/CP v66.13.1 as I have not tried the new versions yet. It looks as though there's been some small additions to cityview.lua since so these are not included in this compatibility patch.

Enjoy :)

\Skodkim

Attachments

• EUI compatibility 20150119.zip
    89.1 KB · Views: 204
Ok, I've uploaded a file with the necessary files to make it work. It also includes a readme file with instructions. It's all a matter of knowing which files/folders to remove and which files to overwrite (do backups).

The instructions I give here work for me - I haven't seen any problems or error messages - but it may be that that are alternatives.

This file is based on CBP v13.4.4/CP v66.13.1 as I have not tried the new versions yet. It looks as though there's been some small additions to cityview.lua since so these are not included in this compatibility patch.

Enjoy :)

\Skodkim

Wow, thank you so much! I'll give this a whirl...which version of EUI is this meant to be used with? The readme just says to use the "correct version" ;)

Hi since I am relatively new here and I can't find answer,why Health & Plague isn't comp with EUI files ?Is it because it's not possible or because it's hard to make and keep compatibility each time one of this mods gets updated ?Unless either it's not worth effort due to popularity of mod or it's weary task.

I made a clean installation of Civ and the city view still does not work for me. I have to delete city view folder from CBP EUI folder to be able to play the game. All mods updated as of 30.01.15.

I made a clean installation of Civ and the city view still does not work for me. I have to delete city view folder from CBP EUI folder to be able to play the game. All mods updated as of 30.01.15.

Did you clear your cache, your moduserdata folder, did you follow the instructions to the letter? did you make sure to download and enable all the required mods? Did you make sure to not enable Health and plague?

Did you clear your cache, your moduserdata folder, did you follow the instructions to the letter? did you make sure to download and enable all the required mods? Did you make sure to not enable Health and plague?

Yes, I did. I re-installed Civ and mods again. I enabled only Community mods from "How to install" thread. Health mod is not enabled.

Currently, I can play the game after deleting city view folder from CPB EUI.

Yes, I did. I re-installed Civ and mods again. I enabled only Community mods from "How to install" thread. Health mod is not enabled.

Currently, I can play the game after deleting city view folder from CPB EUI.

You installed the custom EUI version I have posted, correct? Also, mind posting your lua.log here?
G

You installed the custom EUI version I have posted, correct? Also, mind posting your lua.log here?
G

I installed:

EUI (CBP Version) (1/28)

EUI Compatibility Mod (1/30)

My lua.log seems to be clear:

"[251531.750] Initializing Lua 5.1.4"

The Superpack worked fine without the Health Mod. So I have no idea why it doesn't want to work for me.

Edit:

It seems to work with (1/30v2) updates :)

Edit:

Funny, but version 2/3 again makes the city screen screwed.

In default EUI there are resource icons next to the leader panel on the right that shows the resources you have vs the leader. You can always find them by hovering, but I find it incredibly useful to already be displayed there when trying to figure who to trade with. Here's an example:
Spoiler :

I'm using the complete CPP and this doesn't seem to be the case:
Spoiler :

Any idea why?

In default EUI there are resource icons next to the leader panel on the right that shows the resources you have vs the leader. You can always find them by hovering, but I find it incredibly useful to already be displayed there when trying to figure who to trade with. Here's an example:
Spoiler :

I'm using the complete CPP and this doesn't seem to be the case:
Spoiler :

Any idea why?

I'm not sure, as I see them in my version. Are you using the copy of EUI I posted on the install thread? If not, you'll need to copy over the EUI_tooltips file out of the EUI compatibility file and drop it in your EUI/Core folder in your DLC folder. That may be the culprit.

G

I'm not sure, as I see them in my version. Are you using the copy of EUI I posted on the install thread? If not, you'll need to copy over the EUI_tooltips file out of the EUI compatibility file and drop it in your EUI/Core folder in your DLC folder. That may be the culprit.

G

Verified that I am using the correct copy that you posted. I'm using all of the files you posted in that thread minus Health and Plague compatibility, so I'll have to dig further to make sure there isn't something else I screwed up somehow.

Very weird update. First of all, Casimir offered me this peace deal:
Spoiler :

He actually offered me all this and more before I even launched any sort of offensive (I was dual DOW'd by him and Alex), but I digress. I accepted the deal and we made peace, but I didn't seem to get any of the gold while he still has all of it:
Spoiler :

Notice anything else odd next to Casimir's leader icon? Yeah, the resource icons (ut only for him) appeared immediately upon accepting this peace deal. It's not like this was the first deal I had made with him or anyone all game or anything. Very strange.

I copied the files in (I'm only using the CP, not CBP or anything else), but I still have all yield icons show as food. Any help?

I copied the files in (I'm only using the CP, not CBP or anything else), but I still have all yield icons show as food. Any help?
Did you follow the instructions? Especially the headline Final Install Steps: is very important!

I got it working, apparently the yield lua was in two places in the Community mod, and I had to replace both.

But now I have another strange problem.

I sent a spy to enemy city, and his status changed to "Disrupting Plans" which has no mouseover description, and also he didn't evaluate the "potential" of the city, which remains unknown. Any ideas what might be the problem?

I got it working, apparently the yield lua was in two places in the Community mod, and I had to replace both.

But now I have another strange problem.

I sent a spy to enemy city, and his status changed to "Disrupting Plans" which has no mouseover description, and also he didn't evaluate the "potential" of the city, which remains unknown. Any ideas what might be the problem?

You shouldn't have to replace anything – when you installed the CP, did you delete the old version, or did you copy and paste the new version over it? I'd make sure the install is clean, and clear your cache.

Spy issue sounds like it may be related to this as well.
G

You shouldn't have to replace anything – when you installed the CP, did you delete the old version, or did you copy and paste the new version over it? I'd make sure the install is clean, and clear your cache.

Spy issue sounds like it may be related to this as well.
G

Well, no. The compatibility files for the Community Patch are two files called YieldIconManager.xml/.lua.

Now, in the compatibility files they are in "/Core Files/PNM Mods DB/InGame", while in latest Community Patch (at least the one I downloaded) they are in just in "/LUA" so when I just pasted the contents of one into other, they didn't land in correct place. After I moved them, the yield icons work properly, but there is this spy issue.

Also, this is first time I downloaded the Community Patch, so there was no copying over old version.

Top Bottom