EUI Compatibility Files (11/16)

And I wasn't suggesting you do it. There are enough of us around here that a smattering of Lua knowledge that collectively we could come close to doing something.
It just seems to me that the UI is either ALL or NOTHING and since EUI has a lot of superfluous stuff why can't we do something ourselves?

And I wasn't suggesting you do it. There are enough of us around here that a smattering of Lua knowledge that collectively we could come close to doing something.
It just seems to me that the UI is either ALL or NOTHING and since EUI has a lot of superfluous stuff why can't we do something ourselves?

Perhaps, I just wanted to note that I hate UI stuff (and a lot of tasks do devolve to me, eventually).

G

Is there a way to make the unit panel (from the EUI) not have the changed format, and still play the community patch? I already tried to put the unitpanel.lua from a previous EUI, but with no success.

I'm using the new beta community patch. I got it with CPP installer 1.4.10b.

Can't anyone help me? Is there another thread where i should ask this?

What do you mean??? cause I'm having some issues when trading/ interacting with AI.

Using the installer means you don't have to manually remove any files to make EUI compatible, which is what this thread is about. If you are suffering from anything else then you should ask about that in the main Vox Populi forum after doing a search to see if it is due to a mod conflict in your system. That is what it sounds like from what you are describing.

Cheers. I'm only using calypso colored religions, info-addict & really advanced start.
I'll have to test, my best bet is info-addict causing conflict.

Cheers. I'm only using calypso colored religions, info-addict & really advanced start.
I'll have to test, my best bet is info-addict causing conflict.

I don't think info-addict is causing any problems, I have always been using. Unless something has changed in the latest version of VP, which I have not tried yet.

I don't think info-addict is causing any problems, I have always been using. Unless something has changed in the latest version of VP, which I have not tried yet.

Do you use the compatibility file for EUI when using info-addict?
This is taken from the EUI main page: "Info Addict v22: should be compatible provided Info Addict is patched with this replacement Info Addict compatibility file for EUI"
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24646
I was going to test without it just to see.

Do you use the compatibility file for EUI when using info-addict?
This is taken from the EUI main page: "Info Addict v22: should be compatible provided Info Addict is patched with this replacement Info Addict compatibility file for EUI"
http://forums.civfanatics.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=24646
I was going to test without it just to see.

Oh, sorry may have confused you with this! I don't use EUI. I tried it for 1 or 2 games before and I think I also kept the InfoAddict activated and I had not been altering any compatibility files, but maybe I remember wrong.

Balthazaar, I'm currently using Infoaddict v.22 together with InfoAddictHooks.lua and Vox populi. I've played 4 games no problems. The latest patch also works fine. I love that mod.

I stopped using other mods since I posted this and hadn't once seen the problem until yesterday when I re-installed Really advanced set-up to get rid of the damn Inca but it has me scratching my head :confused: How is it even possible that RAS could interfere with trading?? It's the same as before with the Celts repeatedly telling me "we no longer want this deal" every few turns.
It could be to do with the RAS options settings during set-up because you have to manually activate settings which are usually set by default with CBP, most notably "no tech trading" and "events"... maybe this is having some effect on it.
It's like this, with RAS = trade problem. No RAS = no trade problem. Very strange.

It seems that not all VP additions are displayed in the EUI's tooltips. Specifically, building modifier for a specific great person. There's a new table Building_SpecificGreatPersonRateModifier which VP uses e.g. for Opera House, Research Lab, etc. But the tooltip in the tech tree doesn't show this info.

Top Bottom