Votes: 6 33.3%
  • poor

Votes: 5 27.8%
  • Agg...Another Europe map

Votes: 5 27.8%

• Total voters

Fortinbras

Chieftain
This is another map of europe, I decided to make a map myself because I didn't like some of the distortians other people made in other Europe maps. Of couse, while getting rid of theirs, I made a few of my own, but overall i'm pleased with it. I changed certain values for units and things in order to add to the realism (so a spearman doesn't destroy your tank).

Attachments

• europe.bmp
    153.6 KB · Views: 607
After several attempt to upload the mod segment of the scenerio, I gave up. Just be sure to either download the units allready made in the editor or change all settings that would prevent the game from loading, ie: in general setting, barb sea unit is set to squid.

Good bits:

- France looks pretty good.
- Some nice work on Holland.
- North Africa & Italy are spiffing!
- Greece & Turkey look pretty good.

Bad bits:

- The British isles need totally redoing.
- The Iberian Peninsula doesn't look quite right.
- Too much oil in Norway & Sweden, could do with being distributed in Russia.
- Not enough wine in France :crazyeye:

Overall though a good map, I'll be working on the problems I've posted for you :mischief:.

There is no Crete!!!

although Greece looks huge in relation to Italy.
Overall the balcans in reality are 1,5 times the size of France, whereas in this map they are easily at least 2,5 times france.

It has a nice gameplay feel, but the lack of Crete and half the Peloponnese (i realise that you were trying to keep part of northern africa out this way) wasnt a good idea imo...

In my most recent still-in-progress WWI map, I know I atleast fixed the Ampsterdam area problem, and a few rivers. GB was a lost cause...
As for too much oil in sweeden, I could have sworn there was oil there!
I'll try to fix these things, and others if I see them, otherwize, i'm looking forward to seeing your fixes.
Unfortunetly, I couldn't fit Rhodes or Crete on the map, which I wanted to when I started.

Is there any way to add on to the dimentions of the map and make it any huger?
If there isn't, if you want me to add a place, google search "Map of europe" and place your finger over the bottom and the top and see if it fits first.

If anyone notices anything about the black sea (besides the uniformity of terrain there) , I'd like to hear any advice you may have... It doesn't look right.

itsm good, but i still had to vote Agg...Another Europe map

southeastern europe is too big. compare greece to great britain, and look how big they are in reality. the british isles range from 50°N/10°W to 60°N/0° + all of England east of Greenwich (= _four_ 5/5° squares) and greece ranges from about 40°N/20°E (Korfu) to 35°N/25°W (coast of Crete, in the south of Kandia), + greek north, but thats just 1,25° more or less, (= _one_ 5°/5° square).
but that's okay, if you would call it a "graecocentristic" map of europe ;)

The entire southeast europe is a lot bigger than in reality, but i wouldnt say that the british isles are to compare it with, since they are on scale with the rest of the west probably.

--size of Greece: 132.000 square km
(source: http://www.travelblog.org/World/gr-geog.html)
--size of England (not the uk, just England): 130,500 square km
(source: http://www.travelsignposts.com/England/interesting-fast-facts-england.php)
--size of the uk (england, northern ireland, scotland, wales): 244.000 square km
(source: http://www.worldatlas.com/webimage/countrys/europe/uke.htm)

Here is the latest map, it has been enlarged slightly, and I corrected the following inacuracies: Spain's shape, France's shape, Italy's lenth, sicily's shape, Greeces size (Pelopenisus a little too large on Screen shot), Greece's position (Closer to Italy than before), Bosporus & such, made East Europe a bit smaller, added Crete.

If you want me to change something in England, Sweden, or norway, tell me before I put the resources & terrain on.
As for the hugeness of Eastern Europe, I am making it and the map that much smaller.

I'v been busy

Hmm... I'v been wondering why the previously provided map looked so bad, and it's because the aspect ratio is all messed up. Here's a minimap screenshot useing maptweaker. (Maybe, that's why i'v gotten such bad reviews, or maybe because its bad). Compare.

There is almost no forests in Russia? Oh, my goodness! British islands look very bad and it looks like somethng from the space felt onto Scandinavia near Baltic sea and completely disorderes shore line.

Notice how there isn't any terrain in England, Sweden, or Russia? Thats because I just made them and I wanted to get the outline right, then, if anyone had anything to say, I could change them without undoing the work of adding terrain types. But you're right.
Anyone have anything to add to england, sweden, or Russia?

Top Bottom