European Fury Development Thread

The greek capital location you have atm is the location of Thessalonike ;) If you keep it that way be sure to change the name of the first city in the greek list to Thessalonike, and have Athens later in the list. Thessalonike was capital of Macedonia, and later on capital of 1/4 of the roman empire, under the tetrarchy system, so you could keep it like that, although probably most people would prefer Athens as the capital i guess :)

bowmanescu? :lol:
Not all the surnames in Romanian end in -escu. :lol:. My name ends in -ea.
For the Romanian units:
Ancient: Negustor (replaces swordsman, maybe 3/3/1)
Middle Ages: Cavalerie Usoara (replaces cavalry, not sure about the points)
Industrial: Vanator de Munte (replaces infantry, maybe 6/10/2 or 6/10/3, or 7/10/1)
Modern: ?? Avion cu Reactie ?? (?? replaces Jet Fighter ??)

Avion cu reactie means Jet Fighter, in fact a Romanian, Henri Coanda, built the first Jet in the world. For the Vanator de Munte, I have some pictures, I'll post them here, they will be also in the Balcan Wars thread.
About the Cavalerie Usoara, it means Light Cavalry, but I don't know what extra points should it have. It's faster than a normal Cavalry, but you can't give them 4 movement, they would be unstoppable, the fast unit in Civilization.

Romania is in the Orthodox group, isn't it?

Edit: Where is the start position of Romania? Where Bucharest is or somewhere inside the Carpathian circle?

The Pictures for the Vanator de Munte:

This is a more Modern Vanator de MUnte (they are used since the XIX century, and today they still exist):

I don't know if this is of any help:
(note the "Photo: Avramescu family")

This is showing a Vanator very detailed:

This is one equiped with a long range weapon:

Here is the Romanian and (new) Greek start position

Gotta go find those Romanian UU's, or at least units that look sort of like them :)

This one is almost perfect!
Ask W.I.N.T.E.R., probably he will do the changes, but you never know. But I like it as it is too. Maybe a bigger bag?

I PM'd him asking if he would make a few changes. If he says yes, I'll direct him here so you can describe to him what changes should be made :)

Mirc said:
For the Romanian units:
Ancient: Negustor (replaces swordsman, maybe 3/3/1)
Middle Ages: Cavalerie Usoara (replaces cavalry, not sure about the points)
Industrial: Vanator de Munte (replaces infantry, maybe 6/10/2 or 6/10/3, or 7/10/1)
Modern: ?? Avion cu Reactie ?? (?? replaces Jet Fighter ??)

I see there is need for another romanian's suggestions...

I strongly disagree to the Negustor unit (negustor=tradesman) for the ancient era it is obvious you should add the dacian immortals (disciples of Zamolxes) - you know the guys w/ the "falx" swords (dacian spec swords). I think you should make it look like the 2handed swordsman from Age of Empires 2.
Or the dacian "Tarabostes" the noble class in Dacia if you don't like the immortals... - see picture

Visit this site and see the pictures there http://www.gk.ro/sarmizegetusa/ranistorum/site_eng/utopia.html

As for the middle ages i have PLENTY of suggestions:
- Boier (or Boyar probably) - i know they were the nobles - but from their ranks came the trained elite soldiers (the personal guard of the "voievod").
- Wallachian Cavalry (during Mircea cel Batran they were 10.000)
- Iobag (Jobbagy probably) Infantry (simple peasants w/ spears - their number was their greatest asset)
- Haiduc (Wallachian Woodsmen or Wallachian Highlanders)

Now industrial ...
I recommend the pandur visit this for details http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pandur - they were in the 1821 uprising so that makes them in the industrial age
Also you could add the Iron Guard because, in normal civ, the industrial age ended after the world wars...

Modern era....
Avion cu reactie - JESUS nici nu cred ca mai avem asa ceva - s-au prabusit toate :lol:
Henri Coanda may have invented it but NO WAY. You can't add that...
You could add the "Securist" - the "Securitatea" was the romanian communist secret police. The Securist was the guy who killed people in general, imprissoned the party's enemies , tortured them stuff like that...

LizardmenRule! said:
So, what's going on around here nowadays?

when do you want those civilopedia entries, Fury?

I've been celebrating the holidays with my family. Haven't been working on this, probably will get back going in a week or so. I don't need those Civilopedia entries quickly or anything, but I think it would be nice as a whole to get the units out of the way and in the system so we can set up the tech tree and start working on interface.

Top Bottom