European PitBoss game !

Seems like my game crashed.. Couldn't handle a peace deal :D

Oh well. I did have to stop anyways. When do we see this game through?

Well, when Stemil left the game we realised I only needed one more turn to make a cultural victory, so we let the AI play in Stemil's place. However, (unfortunately for me!) Dandrige then decided to nuke Kagoshima (which was on only about 24700 culture). This meant it was only producing about 100 per turn, so it would actually take 3 turns to win.
Fortunately, another great artist was born in Osaka anyway, and with a culture bomb in Kagoshima in 1980 it meant it reached 27000+ culture points. Along with my other two cities, this meant I got a cultural victory.

Great game guys - I can't believe a won it (and I'm sure it had a little to do with the game getting slow at the end so Stemil didn't bother attacking me), but I'll remember from now on that I won my first PitBoss game :)

Stemil said:
Seems like my game crashed.. Couldn't handle a peace deal :D

Oh well. I did have to stop anyways. When do we see this game through?

LOL mine crashed too , seems drib and dan were in the diplo screen too

Anyway......

3 turn later drib won a diplo victory :eek: :eek: :eek:
So no need for restarts!

At the end my civ4 crashed again ... and the PB too ..strangly tho...

Oh well .. if you guys are up to , we can arange another game .. with somewhat different settings :goodjob:

I will be intouch ... currently i am in IRC #civ4

Well, this game was pure simultaneous multiplayer, which led to some stupid mistakes (like not taking seriously the rising culture of dribnairb). I really like more Pitboss games where you can make your turns whenever you want and think more about the strategy. Maybe a Pitboss game with one or two short (max 1 hour) multiplayer sessions in the beginning of the game and after that one turn every 12 hours. But it would of course take more time. One game would last several weeks/months.

Anyway the culture victory by dribnairb was really smart in this game. Cheers!

Grats drib for the victory :)

Nice game all in all. Too bad I lost interest in the end and didn't really focus on playing. I've been in a hurry lately, and will be in the near future, so I was pretty much just anxious to see the game end.

Two major 'mistakes' in the end: I've gotten used to no one using nukes. I was actually really surprised to see them raining down. I would've had loads of time to build SDI. After the first nukes fell I lost interest in the game totally and decided to donate a great artist to drib :)

I've also never used spies in civ 4. Really goes to show how little I've played the newest version. Buldo's spy constantly destroying my SDI project got annoying.. so I decided to attack using ground forces instead. One major flaw in my general strategy was that my hammer-production was very _very_ low. Had focused a bit too much on cottages :p That was the major reason why I didn't bother building SDI and whatever wonder you need for spies..

Of course any of us could have overrun drib. A couple of flyovers with stealth bombers revealed he was still defending with samurais. A couple of modern armors would have leveled all his cities :lol: -- Anyways, well played drib! I would never have guessed your plan hadn't the first "Tokyo has achieved legendary culture" given it away.

What really interests me is what Dan was up to in the end. I really can't think of anything he could have done to win, yet it seems he did have a plan of some kind. I was actually going to vote Dan to victory if we would have played one more session.. that's how much I wanted the game to end :crazyeye:

EDIT:

Oh and about possible future games.. I'd love to play. It was great playing against you guys. Unfortunately as I said I currently have a lot of work to do. Three major tests coming up in the next few weeks, and I really need to study. :( After the tests I would love an other round tho :)

Thanks for the praise guys - but as you quite rightly pointed out, any of you could have overrun me at any time. My 'strategy' changed completely after that first war and I had to sit and hope nobody would realise what I was doing until it was too late.

Fortunately for me, by the time people did realise what was going on, the game had got to the point where winning wasn't quite as important as just finishing the game!

I'm not quite sure why that happens, but it always seems to happen near the end of Civ games (not just Civ4). The first part is always far more interesting than the endgame.

Sorry guys , had a report to do (if you know what a wavelet is you can feel my pain)
So i am thinking of setting the 2nd european PB know.
This time with with some what different settings.
Stemil you should tell me if can play so i can include you .

Wainio said:
are you looking for more players?? :D

I thought you were setting your own PB ? What happened ?

Usually I prefer max of 4 people , beacause of drop-outs and other things, but if there is a place i will let you know !

As I already told buldo in the mail I sent him, my next week will be pretty busy. Two big chemistry tests :( But if everybody is ok with not playing tooo much this weekend and the beginning of next week, I'd love to play. Of course I understand if that's too much to ask.. Wainio will probably more than happy to fill my seat :)

I don't want to step to anyone's toes... I could join if there is a seat open, just let me know.

Wainio said:
I don't want to step to anyone's toes... I could join if there is a seat open, just let me know.

Ok no problem .
i will give stemil a chance.

I will now set up the 2nd game . i assume Dan will play this one.
i will start another thread to avoid confusion.

Top Bottom