European PitBoss game !

Doesn't work for me (although Civ4 doesn't let me put the port on the end because it doesn't allow that many characters, so i had to manually do the DNS lookup and use the IP:2057 instead of the domain:2057)

Thing is, I can't believe you should have to change the port on the server. The problem in the other thread you mentioned seems to have more than one client behind the same router as the server. But in this case you're the only one there - i wonder if two external clients can connect if you (buldozer) aren't in the game?

Well, I'm in with Stenil now - used port 2057 to connect.
Dan, could you give it a try now? You may need to type in the ip instead of the domain so you can fit the port in the box when you join.

ok - I know people don't like giving their IP address out on public forums, but can we post the last part of our IPs because it would make it easier to look in firewall logs to see who is getting through and who is getting blocked.

My IP is x.x.173.160
I'm seeing packets from an IP x.x.250.95 (the pitboss server)

I've also got packets from the following IPs -are any of them you guys?
x.x.183.226
x.x.12.201

ok, i logged out of the game to rejoin to see if i could see any traffic in my router logs. ( i haven't seen any packets from either of the peers, only the server).
However, now I can't log in again (unable to connect to host), so presumably someone else has managed to log in?

dribnairb said:
ok, i logged out of the game to rejoin to see if i could see any traffic in my router logs. ( i haven't seen any packets from either of the peers, only the server).
However, now I can't log in again (unable to connect to host), so presumably someone else has managed to log in?

Sorry i had to start the pitboss again ... now i am in and stemil

Dont forget the :2057 at the end of the IP

Stemil said:
Me and buldo are there currently

If you guys know or use IRC we can connect to a channel to comunicate easily !

server: irc.rizon.net
channel: #civ4

PS: I am sorry to keep you guys , but if we could fix this thing to work , would be nice for the next games we make , hopefully

well, i'm stumped. The only thing I can think of is when buldoz is in the game, the connection attempts to the host are getting wrongly routed to his client. I don't think I'm connecting to the host and then failing to connect to the peers because when i type an invalid password the host doesn't kick me out, i still get a timeout (and I should get a cannot connect to peer message instead of cannot connect to host).

So, buldoz, have you got any logs showing who is connecting to you and where the packets are going? If me and Dan try connecting (and if Stemil logs out and logs in again) we need to know if the packets are reaching the correct machine.

However, even if the above is true, it doesn't make sense why stemil, me and Dan cannot seem to connect at the same time, unless one of us is not allowing UDP port 2056 or 2057 through to them. I've got about 27000 ports open at the moment, including those two so I don't think it's me. And there's no sign of either peer connecting to my machine on those ports anyway (either successfully or being blocked)

ok i will restart the pitboss , start ethereal

Nice first session :)

Forgot to stop ethereal tho ... 200MB log file .. sweet

Next session tommorow 16GMT

well, i was in, so i've just exited - see if you can join now. My firewall settings haven't changed since yesterday though...
If you still have problems, join us on IRC again

Nope.. didn't help. Still hangs on contacting host. I've changed nothing.. my comps been on all the time after yesterdays session. It's still port 2057 right? (though I already tried without it at the end of the address)

Top Bottom