Eusebius World Religions - REVIVAL

doronron said:
Hello,

I'd like to extract the diseases you've incorporated into your Real World Religions modpack. My understanding is that they're python code -- is there a comment tag I should be looking for?

Thanks.

Hello,

Actually you need some XML from the religions file and the buildings file. There are some fake buildings that represent the presence of AIDS and Smallpox in a city.

The python should all be in the EWR directory, mostly in ewr.py. It is kind of a package. For example, you need my version of 'doReligion' because CIV4 will not spread a religion to a city that already has one unless you use a missionary. Since the diseases are implemented as religions, they wouldn't spread either.

There are also two relevant SDK changes. The first avoids giving a happiness bonus for having a disease/religion in a city (if you have Free Religion). The second one prohibits civs from converting to the disease as their state religion.

In both cases, I hard-coded the idea that 'RELIGION_SECULARISM' was the last real religion in my CIV4ReligionInfo.xml file and that all the ones that came after it were diseases. You would have to put your diseases last and change to your last religion for this scheme to work.

You will also have to change the GameFonts files if you want the disease icon to show up (with the religion ones) under each city name.

Cheers,
Eusebius

Spoiler :

int CvCity::getReligionHappiness(ReligionTypes eReligion) const
{
int iHappiness;
#ifdef EUB_EWRMOD
/* EWRMOD - don't give happiness for diseases */
if (eReligion > (ReligionTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("RELIGION_SECULARISM"))
return 0;
#endif
iHappiness = 0;
if (isHasReligion(eReligion))
{
if (eReligion == GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).getStateReligion())
{
iHappiness += GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).getStateReligionHappiness();
}
else
{
iHappiness += GET_PLAYER(getOwnerINLINE()).getNonStateReligionHappiness();
}
}
return iHappiness;
}

Spoiler :

bool CvPlayer::canDoReligion(ReligionTypes eReligion)
{
#ifdef EUB_EWRMOD
/* EWRMOD - don't give happiness for diseases */
if (eReligion > (ReligionTypes)GC.getInfoTypeForString("RELIGION_SECULARISM"))
return false;
#endif
if (GET_TEAM(getTeam()).getHasReligionCount(eReligion) == 0)
{
return false;
}
return true;
}

Are you planning on moving this to BtS?

No; I think not. But I did just post a patch to allow it to work with Warlords 2.13 (the version updated by BtS).

Eusebius

I keep having it CTD when I try to play. I had it crash once just before ending the world-building screen (with Spock's voice describing how the world was formed), and twice when the game started, when I tried to select my Settler.

I'm wondering if I have put the SDK file in the wrong place...could you specify where that goes exactly? I put the other file in the Warlords/Mods folder, and the CvGameCoreDLL file in the Warlords folder (it also crashed when I put it in the Eusebius... mod folder).

I have patch 2.13.

Nevermind, I found my answer. The dll file goes in the mod's Assets folder. You might include a How to Install section in the readme file :)

I would agree with that. I have enjoyed it immensely since I downloaded it three days ago. I did yearn for it on a genuine world map though, and found another mod with world map for BtS (the 36 nation one mentioned on page 2 here, by Genghis Kai). It was fun but...the religions were a disappointment, and I kept wanting Eusebius' other extra features also. The only feature I didn't like were the large units. I eventually switched to single unit graphics, because it was hard to see the units in decent detail.

In short, its a great mod, and if you feel up to a BtS conversion and putting it on a world map, that would be brilliant. Thanks!

I have very good news. I was able to play Eusebius' World Religions mod on Genghis Kai's giant earth map! It's a fabulous map, and the play was a lot of fun. I stopped at 500 BC because it was just going way too slow. For my comp, Rhye's Earth24 runs much better. So if you have a NORMAL computer (under 2Ghz, only 1G of RAM), I recommend trying this instead with a version of Rhye's Earth24.

I'll try to detail the procedure.

First, whatever Earth map you're using, make sure it is where it needs to be for you to load it from WorldBuilder mode. Just to make sure, I put it in several different locations: MyGames/Warlords/Mods, MyGames/Warlords/PublicMaps, and just for good measure, the Program Files/Firaxis Games/Civ4/Warlords/Mods and ..../PublicMaps locations as well. I also took the World Builder Save files from the (Genghis Kai) Giant Earth Map folder and put them in the MyGames/Warlords/Saves/WorldBuilder folder. Obviously, only one of these files is necessary but I can't recall which one. I believe it was the World Builder file that actually did the trick, so make sure you do that one.

1. Load Eusebius' World Religions Mod
2. Choose Custom Game, create a game with a giant map (if the Earth map you're using is Genghis Kai's giant earth map) and 24 civs. Start.
3. When game starts, enter World Builder (CTL+W).
4. Load one of the Giant Earth Maps.
5. It will ask you to choose a civ, difficulty, etc. go ahead and do it. Notice in the upper right corner of the screen that Eusebius' mod is still loaded!
6. Play the game!

I would love to see this mod for BtS, but unfortunately I have no idea how to convert it. Is there anyone that would be willing to do this?

I to would like to see this mod in action (I always feel cheated that my Mexica and Incan civs don't get smallpox, or get revenge by sending smallpox to the old world, as I discovered this mod too late). What would need changing to bring it up to code, so to speak? And would anyone do this? You all seem to love this mod, yet no one but its creator seems to have the ability to save it :(
A stand alone plague mod would be wonderful.

Also, I tried to play the expansion version in warlords but got a 'python script error' whilst loading and the game crashed. Any tips?
Thanks

I to would like to see this mod in action (I always feel cheated that my Mexica and Incan civs don't get smallpox, or get revenge by sending smallpox to the old world, as I discovered this mod too late). What would need changing to bring it up to code, so to speak? And would anyone do this? You all seem to love this mod, yet no one but its creator seems to have the ability to save it :(
A stand alone plague mod would be wonderful.

Also, I tried to play the expansion version in warlords but got a 'python script error' whilst loading and the game crashed. Any tips?
Thanks

There's a patch for the SDK in the downloads list. Maybe that's what you're looking for?

Hi Eusebius,

well, like to test the mod but it does't work for me so far.

1. Installed with expansions
1.1. Either installed without expansions
2. Installed SDK for 2.13

Starting WL will cause to see no typing in the screen. Started only by folowing the arrows but got CTD after first turn.

Any idea what happened?

Best regards,

Regul

Still not working for me. I installed the sdk according to the guide. I put the mod in the warlords custom mod folder. I got the sdk patch put don't know where to put it, so it is sitting in my assets folder (not custom). I start the game, fine, and load a mod, fine. It gets half way through loading "[eusebiusworldreligions] init python" and say "failed to initialize python".

Any ideas?

Hi Eusebius,

well, like to test the mod but it does't work for me so far.

1. Installed with expansions
1.1. Either installed without expansions
2. Installed SDK for 2.13

Starting WL will cause to see no typing in the screen. Started only by folowing the arrows but got CTD after first turn.

Any idea what happened?

Best regards,

Regul

I'm having essentially the same problem. CTD after either map finishes generating or first turn. I'm running Warlords 2.13 with BtS on top of it.

I've been a fan of Total Realism for a while and I'm trying to add your SmallPox component to the Total Realism(TR) disease component. The TR pandemia is based upon city terrain and city improvements its not as chaotic as religion diseaes, and it can't simulate what happened to American Civilizations starting around 1492.

I've never used python before, any suggestions would be apreciated. :)

I went through ewr and removed everything that effects religions except Smallpox. If I insert this into the TR Python file should it work? I just have to figure out the SDK components?

This is alot more complicated than I thought it would be last night.

Does anyone know how much code changed between BTS and Warlord's SDK? How difficult is it to update it? I would love to see this mod.

Does anyone know how much code changed between BTS and Warlord's SDK? How difficult is it to update it? I would love to see this mod.

Nice to know my mod is still thought of fondly. I never did a serious assessment of what would be involved--maybe someone who has actually ported a mod to BTS could speak to that. For me, the largest barrier would be that the XML files changed significantly in BTS. The thought of redoing all that XML just seemed horribly tedious.

If someone did the XML, I would certainly be willing to collaborate on the Python and C++ and the testing.

Eusebius

If someone did the XML, I would certainly be willing to collaborate on the Python and C++ and the testing.

Really, it's the XML that scares you? That's generally the least of my concern. I'd be more than willing to help recode the XML. It's the C++ and Python that frightens me, you'll probably need to rewrite most of it.

and i thought this mod was dead and someone decided to be a thread necromancer...

downloaded this mod and it won't load, gone back here and found out that's it still old-age warlords.

and i thought this mod was dead and someone decided to be a thread necromancer...

Guilty As Charged.
downloaded this mod and it won't load, gone back here and found out that's it still old-age warlords.

That's why I was hoping the owner hadn't just vanished. This mod has/d lots of potential, but for Warlords...

I'm looking over my old code and giving this some serious thought. Can anyone point me to a primer on the BTW modular loading system? Is the event manager set-up significantly different than it was in Warlords?

Top Bottom